35 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: God is Near

Today I want you to know that God is near.  I know that sometimes life gets hard, and I’ve been there..  It’s hard sometimes to wait, to keep hoping and trusting, believing that you will see the goodness of the Lord in your current circumstance.  But God lives in those moments of in between in our lives.  He is close to those who are waiting, hoping, putting their trust in Him.  I know it can be hard, when you are not feeling His presence, but friend, this is when He is the closest.  And sometimes we have to fight to feel Him, we have to fight to stay close. He will not leave you in this barren, empty place.  But He promises that if you will draw near to Him, He will draw near to you.  My prayer for you today is that you will draw near to God and that you will feel His nearness.  Lean in a little closer, my friend.  He is right there!

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1.  Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.  (Please only link one post.  Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2.  Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3.  Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Christin Slade
    March 16, 2013 at 8:11 am

I don’t see a linky. Am I missing it? Sorry!
    Christin Slade recently posted..Beautiful Collection, Redeemed Purse {and others} on Sale

March 16, 2013 at 8:33 am

Sorry Christin. Brain freeze! It’s there now. 🙂

Mia
    March 16, 2013 at 8:28 am

Dear Barbie
    Yes, dear one, we just need to draw near to our Pappa God knowing and trusting His promise that He will draw near to us. What a wonderful place to be, in His Presence.
    Much love
    P.s. I can’t find the button to link-up!
    Mia recently posted..The Rest of The Have Nots

March 16, 2013 at 8:33 am

Oh my brain decided to take a vacation. The link is there now!

Mia
        March 16, 2013 at 10:04 am

Barbie, where is your brain resting? Mine needs a vacation too!
        Mia
        Mia recently posted..The Rest of The Have Nots

March 16, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Ha ha, this morning it rested in a bit of the Word and much encouragement through blog reading. Sometimes I get it backwards but oh how God speaks to me through all of you!

Amanda
    March 16, 2013 at 10:21 am

Beautiful! 🙂 Thanks for the reminder and for this lovely community, Barbie!! Have a blessed day!
    Amanda recently posted..In Remembrance of a Gentle, Beautiful Life

March 16, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Thank you for joining in Amanda! Blessings!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day
    March 16, 2013 at 1:40 pm

So grateful that he responds to us as we spend time with him. What a difference it makes whenever I do that…he truly sets me in a better spot…my attitude, outlook, decision-making, behavior, etc. But, feeling. That has not been my blessing in the journey. If you do feel him…you are so blessed. I’ve always wondered what that would be like.
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Spring’s Official Arrival :: Winter Aconites :: The Week at a Glance 3/16

March 16, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Feeling Him does not come easy for me. Sometimes His nearness isn’t felt, it’s just known. I am going to pray that He will allow you to feel His presence in a tangible way! Blessings!

Child of God
    March 16, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Thanks Barbie, I really needed to read this right now.
    Child of God recently posted..Living in the Realm of the Spirit

March 16, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Hugs to you my friend!

Lisa @ {4}SLP
    March 16, 2013 at 6:10 pm

God lives in those moments of in between in our lives. Ah, yes, and we have to choose to see Him there, but when we do… sweet surrender.
    Lisa @ {4}SLP recently posted..Welcome Shabbat

March 16, 2013 at 10:00 pm

AMEN my friend, sweet surrender!

Mary @ Redo 101
    March 16, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Thank you so much for posting that verse – it’s so true, and I sometimes forget, that if we draw near to Him, He will be near to us. Thanks also for hostessing the party.

Mary
    Mary @ Redo 101 recently posted..Sunday Morning – 1.17.13

March 16, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Thanks for visiting Mary!

Michele-Lyn
    March 16, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Love your new look. 🙂 Love your words because I know that they come from a deep place. And a life lived true, for Him.
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..No rest from this pursuit…

March 16, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Thank you Michele-Lyn! You are a breath of fresh air to my heart.

Dedra@SimpleOpulence
    March 16, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Oh, Barbie, thank you. You have penned what is in my heart. The waiting when I don’t feel Him, when I struggle to find the space to just quiet myself and listen. This is just the kind of encouragement I need to keep pressing in. Thank you for hosting this Spirit filled link up. You are precious to me.
    Dedra@SimpleOpulence recently posted..Living in Perfect Peace

March 16, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Thank you Dedra! Thankful to know you and walk this journey with you!

Laurie Collett
    March 17, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Praise God for His indwelling Holy Spirit! He will never leave us nor forsake us! Thanks for the beautiful post & for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Paradox of the Cross

March 17, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Blessings to you Laurie!

Melanie Wilson @theinspiredday
    March 17, 2013 at 1:04 pm

It’s so important to remember that His presence in our lives isn’t dependent on our ‘feeling’ Him there, isn’t it? Thanks for sharing this encouragement.
    Melanie Wilson @theinspiredday recently posted..The Quickest Way to Joy

March 17, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I constantly need to remind myself of this. He said He would never leave us, nor forsake us, even during those times when He appears far away. Blessings!

Rina Peru
    March 17, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Beautiful, Barbie, and so very true. I am in that place of waiting. Sometimes, I’m full of hope and inspiration, but at other times, I just feel sorrowful and hungry. Like last night. The Spirit beckoned me to draw near, as always, and I did. The Lord received me with His unfailing love and comfort. Tears fell freely. It is well with my soul.
    Rina Peru recently posted..The Lord’s Imminent Coming {and Why I Will Not Play}

March 18, 2013 at 5:59 pm

He will always meet us, Rina, when we come to Him!

Ashley Ditto
    March 18, 2013 at 1:08 pm

I want to link up next time! I loved this, Barbie.
    Ashley Ditto recently posted..A Peek Inside My Life..

March 18, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Ashley, I would love to have you link up!

Julie@comehaveapeace
    March 18, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Love the weekend brew link. I’m looking forward to sharing something this week!

March 18, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Hi Julie! I’ll have a new link up on Friday (late evening). It runs Friday/Saturday through Tuesday. Would love to have you link up! Blessings!

Lea
    March 18, 2013 at 5:21 pm

What truth! Just in recent weeks He has shown Himself so real to me once again over a particular situation. Yes, life can be very tough, but He is always tougher. Thank goodness! Have a wonderful week!
    Lea recently posted..Miscellany Monday