The Weekend Brew: God is Near

Today I want you to know that God is near.  I know that sometimes life gets hard, and I’ve been there..  It’s hard sometimes to wait, to keep hoping and trusting, believing that you will see the goodness of the Lord in your current circumstance.  But God lives in those moments of in between in our lives.  He is close to those who are waiting, hoping, putting their trust in Him.  I know it can be hard, when you are not feeling His presence, but friend, this is when He is the closest.  And sometimes we have to fight to feel Him, we have to fight to stay close. He will not leave you in this barren, empty place.  But He promises that if you will draw near to Him, He will draw near to you.  My prayer for you today is that you will draw near to God and that you will feel His nearness.  Lean in a little closer, my friend.  He is right there!

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1.  Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.  (Please only link one post.  Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2.  Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3.  Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

1. I don’t see a linky. Am I missing it? Sorry!
    Christin Slade recently posted..Beautiful Collection, Redeemed Purse {and others} on Sale

2. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    Yes, dear one, we just need to draw near to our Pappa God knowing and trusting His promise that He will draw near to us. What a wonderful place to be, in His Presence.
    Much love
    P.s. I can’t find the button to link-up!
    Mia recently posted..The Rest of The Have Nots

3. Amanda says:

Beautiful! 🙂 Thanks for the reminder and for this lovely community, Barbie!! Have a blessed day!
    Amanda recently posted..In Remembrance of a Gentle, Beautiful Life

4. So grateful that he responds to us as we spend time with him. What a difference it makes whenever I do that…he truly sets me in a better spot…my attitude, outlook, decision-making, behavior, etc. But, feeling. That has not been my blessing in the journey. If you do feel him…you are so blessed. I’ve always wondered what that would be like.
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Spring’s Official Arrival :: Winter Aconites :: The Week at a Glance 3/16

• Barbie says:

Feeling Him does not come easy for me. Sometimes His nearness isn’t felt, it’s just known. I am going to pray that He will allow you to feel His presence in a tangible way! Blessings!

5. Child of God says:

Thanks Barbie, I really needed to read this right now.
    Child of God recently posted..Living in the Realm of the Spirit

6. God lives in those moments of in between in our lives. Ah, yes, and we have to choose to see Him there, but when we do… sweet surrender.
    Lisa @ {4}SLP recently posted..Welcome Shabbat

7. Thank you so much for posting that verse – it’s so true, and I sometimes forget, that if we draw near to Him, He will be near to us. Thanks also for hostessing the party.

Mary
    Mary @ Redo 101 recently posted..Sunday Morning – 1.17.13

8. Michele-Lyn says:

Love your new look. 🙂 Love your words because I know that they come from a deep place. And a life lived true, for Him.
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..No rest from this pursuit…

9. Oh, Barbie, thank you. You have penned what is in my heart. The waiting when I don’t feel Him, when I struggle to find the space to just quiet myself and listen. This is just the kind of encouragement I need to keep pressing in. Thank you for hosting this Spirit filled link up. You are precious to me.
    Dedra@SimpleOpulence recently posted..Living in Perfect Peace

10. Praise God for His indwelling Holy Spirit! He will never leave us nor forsake us! Thanks for the beautiful post & for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Paradox of the Cross

11. It’s so important to remember that His presence in our lives isn’t dependent on our ‘feeling’ Him there, isn’t it? Thanks for sharing this encouragement.
    Melanie Wilson @theinspiredday recently posted..The Quickest Way to Joy

• Barbie says:

I constantly need to remind myself of this. He said He would never leave us, nor forsake us, even during those times when He appears far away. Blessings!

12. Rina Peru says:

Beautiful, Barbie, and so very true. I am in that place of waiting. Sometimes, I’m full of hope and inspiration, but at other times, I just feel sorrowful and hungry. Like last night. The Spirit beckoned me to draw near, as always, and I did. The Lord received me with His unfailing love and comfort. Tears fell freely. It is well with my soul.
    Rina Peru recently posted..The Lord’s Imminent Coming {and Why I Will Not Play}

13. Ashley Ditto says:

I want to link up next time! I loved this, Barbie.
    Ashley Ditto recently posted..A Peek Inside My Life..

14. Love the weekend brew link. I’m looking forward to sharing something this week!

• Barbie says:

Hi Julie! I’ll have a new link up on Friday (late evening). It runs Friday/Saturday through Tuesday. Would love to have you link up! Blessings!

15. Lea says:

What truth! Just in recent weeks He has shown Himself so real to me once again over a particular situation. Yes, life can be very tough, but He is always tougher. Thank goodness! Have a wonderful week!
    Lea recently posted..Miscellany Monday