A Vacation, A Blog Meet Up & A Guest Post!

Hello friends,

Things will be quite on the blog next week.  On Tuesday morning, I will leave on a jet plane to Kansas City.  The main reason I am going is to retrieve my son, who has been away for three months doing the Fire In The Night Internship at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City.  I have missed him so much, but have caught glimpses of him singing on teams and praying on the Live web stream, and it has warmed my heart to see him using his gifts and talents for the Lord.  I cannot wait to hear all that God has done in his heart and look forward to the next part of his journey with the Lord!

As I was preparing to make arrangement for my trip, I realized that my dear blog designer, Abigail Kraft and her amazing mama, Lynnette Kraft had just moved with their family to Kansas City.  So, being bold and courageous, I asked Lynnette if I could come for a visit.  And she said yes!  I am so excited to meet Lynnette, Abigail and their family.  Abigail has gone above and beyond the task of designing my blog and buttons over the last few years and I am looking forward to learning a little coding while I am there.  Lynnette’s blog was one of the first blogs I stumbled upon when I started blogging five years ago.  Her story of loss has truly touched my heart.  She has gone through so much in her life, and walks with so much grace.  I am looking forward to hugging her neck.  Besides, they love coffee about as much as I do.  It’s a match made in heaven!

Will you pray for me while I travel? I have been experiencing mild Vertigo for over a week now, and I am just a little apprehensive about the flight. I am still believing that God will heal me before take off!

On Wednesday, my dear friend and Inspiring Blogger this month, Lisa, will be guest posting and sharing her beautiful heart in this space.  I hope you will come to read.  It is a powerful post!

I will be back over the weekend with the Five Minute Friday (if I don’t forget) and of course The Weekend Brew link will be up by Saturday morning.

Have a restful, joyful week my friends!

(photo credit)

1. Missy says:

I love the feel of your newly redesigned space! It’s airy and pretty and simple and welcoming. (And that was Far Too Many Ands – sorry!) 🙂 It sounds like you have an exciting week ahead. I’m praying God blesses your time and allows your Vertigo to go silent, at least while you travel, if not altogether.
    Missy recently posted..Oh, They’re Listening Alright

2. veronca says:

What an exciting trip 🙂 I will be praying for safe travels and that the vertigo stays away – isn’t if funny how something so little can cause such big problems in one’s body? Enjoy your vacation!!!
    veronca recently posted..Adventures in Products: My Last BirchBox

3. I hope you have a wonderful time meeting up with your son after his time of ministry. What a blessing when our children follow the Lord. I pray that your verigo improves before travel.

I just switched over to Word Press and I so fully understand the frustrations of setting up and maintaining your blog. What a blessing that you are able to have help…and meet her!!

Thanks for hosting the linkup this week!! Have a wonderful one!!
    Judith at WholeHearted Home recently posted..The World is FLAT and I Almost Fell OFF!!

4. Child of God says:

Have a wonderful flight! Praying against this vertigo and praying for a wonderful visit with your son.
    It is so neat you can meet up with your blogging friend, praying you have a wonderful time together.
    Blessings
    Child of God recently posted..Circle For Easton

5. ~Karrilee~ says:

Praying for you sweet friend! My Mama’s heart rejoices with you – both in seeing and now finding out in person what the Lord has been doing in and through your boy – but also just in the reuniting face to face… ah yes! My heart swells! And to meet face to face with friends online is always such a blessing… I get to do that next week as well (when we travel through Oregon to Redding, CA!)

Blessings as you travel!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Aaaah – Saturday! How I love thee

• Barbie says:

Ahhh, you’re going to Redding? Will you be visiting Bethel Church? My pastor is the brother-in-law of Bill Johnson. Well, whatever you do there, have a blast!

6. I hope you have a fabulous time, how exciting to meet a bloggy friend in real life. Thank you so much for hosting my little blog this month, as a Inspired Blogger, and for the guest post!
    Lisa @ four simply living recently posted..Remembrance

• Barbie says:

You are so welcome. You can visit my space any time you feel led with your words. You are always welcome! Love you lots!

7. Will be praying for your trip, Barbie. Hope the weather warms up for you! Hope you feel better, too. It seems to be an epidemic of health issues among Christians. I’m thinking spiritual warfare. Keep fighting!
    Melanie Wilson @theinspiredday recently posted..Lord of All Creation

• Barbie says:

Thank you Melanie! I appreciate the prayers. I too believe it is warfare and I will not stop fighting. Blessings!

8. Stephani says:

Have a good time in Kansas City! I love, love, love your blog. I’ve decided when I have the money to do everything just right I am going to contact your designer. I’ve discovered it is pretty pricey to get a complete overhaul so it may be awhile. I just love everything about your blog. She did an excellent job of making it professional yet keeping a soft, feminine look as well. I like all the features too!
    Stephani recently posted..A Day in March

• Barbie says:

Thank you Stephanie. The template I use on my blog is actually something you can purchase from StudioPress. My designer didn’t really do anything for this particular design, except color matching and the new buttons, because I loved it so much out of the box. Let me know when you are ready for a new design and I can put you in touch with Abigail! Blessings!

9. Elizabeth says:

Have a wonderful, safe, blessed trip!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Extra blessed…

• Barbie says:

Thank you Elizabeth. I won’t actually be visiting iHOP this time around. I am just gonna play with the girlfriends, and see my son on his birthday! Have a blessed week!

10. Wanda says:

Wishing you safe travels Barbie and how sweet that you get to meet up what those two ladies. Enjoy your visit.
    Wanda recently posted..A Gift of Joy

11. Ashley Ditto says:

Have a wonderful time, sweet friend!
    Ashley Ditto recently posted..When we NEED a Break.

12. How fun! I’d love to visit Lynette and her family if I were going to Kansas City…meeting blogging friends is one of the joys of putting yourself out there on this crazy internet thing. Have a safe trip and most of all hug that son of yours~

13. carissa says:

you tell that sweet lynette and abigail hello from me! that will be so fun. and how awesome to be reunited with your boy. enjoy!
    carissa recently posted..miscellany monday

14. Noreen says:

Dear Barbie, I’m so glad you stopped by my place because I now know we will be flying past each other next week-you flying over Colorado and my home on the way to Kansas and I’ll be flying to northern Ca. I will try to go check out your friends blog too. Congrat’s on your sons going to IHOPE-wow that is just incredible. I’ve only seen videos of the worship service but would love to go there sometime. I know he’ll bless you with so much that he has learned.
    Have a wonderful week away.
    Hugs, Noreen

15. Barbie, I do pray that you will have a wonderful trip. Your blog is looking amazing. I really hope to modify mine someday. I actually got a free Blog Design from someone and have no idea how to do much with the adjustments – they seem permanent. Anyway – how great you will be blessed with your boy and bloggy friends. Bliss! Hope you feel vertigo-less. Love and hugs for your journey!
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Bloom: The Only Way Out is Through (Hope for Today)