16 In Faith

Even Before

Even before You created heaven and earth, You thought about me.
Even before I was born, You formed me in my mother’s womb.
Even before I took my first breath, You breathed life into me.
Even before I began to walk, You laid a path for me to walk.
Even before I began to learn, You put Your wisdom inside of me.
Even before I began to read, You put Your Word inside my heart.
Even before I could say, “I’m sorry”, You brought forgiveness.
Even before I knew You, You knew me.
-Barbie Swihart

Even before, God was.  What is your “even before” with God?  I would love for you to share in the comments.

*This post is part of a challenge to blog every weekday in the month of April.  You can read more about it here.

Missy
    April 17, 2013 at 5:30 am

Even before the plan was in my heart, you were preparing the way to make it happen. (I love this Barbie!)
    Missy recently posted..We Need More Sock Puppets

April 17, 2013 at 9:21 am

Yes! He has prepared the way for us! AMEN!

Janette's Sage
    April 17, 2013 at 6:08 am

This is so beautiful to read. Last night we spent the evening in the hospital with our pregnant daughter to see what was wrong and checking on her unborn child. She and baby will be fine, but this rings home today. Yesterday was also spent packing for what looks like another move in order to survive unemployment…so again this poem hits for me. Thanks for sharing….even before…He knew!

April 17, 2013 at 9:25 am

Janette, I am so thankful that your daughter and the baby are fine. I will continue to pray! And I totally understand about the issue of unemployment. I keep thinking we are going to have to move again, to something less expensive to rent, but our landlord has been good to us in accepting our rent in two payments. I’ll be praying for God’s provision for you!

Kelli
    April 17, 2013 at 7:38 am

Even before I seek you, you find me.

Beautiful, inspiring post my friend. Thanks for encouraging me to think on His mercies this morning, needed it.
    Kelli recently posted..Love Always Wins even in Tragedy

April 17, 2013 at 9:26 am

Oh yes, He finds me, even before my heart is set on seeking Him!

Jennifer peterson
    April 17, 2013 at 8:51 am

Even before I knew what I needed you knew… Even before I knew the dreams you dreamed them. OH love this Barbie, and you
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..I was in a rut…. a slob rut

April 17, 2013 at 9:26 am

Oh yes! He placed our dreams in our hearts. He knows us so well!

Beth
    April 17, 2013 at 10:22 am

I’m not copying (hehe), but before seeing what Jennifer shared I wanted to say….
    Before I knew how much I needed you, You already knew. Before I knew you, you knew me. (Yes, I know I now copied you too Barbie.) God is still so new to me, but I’m so grateful that He always knew me. This was beautiful! Thank you.
    Beth recently posted..Needs Over Wants—the little things

April 17, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Copy away girl! Thank you for reading and following!

Child of God
    April 17, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Even before I leaped off the cliff into the unknown of Your work, You were to to catch me. You Lord, are so faithful.

Beautiful Barbie!!
    Child of God recently posted..Boston Marathon 2013

April 17, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Oh yes! He will always catch us!

Kim@Stuffcould...
    April 18, 2013 at 7:04 am

This helps me to realize how the ‘even before’ has always been there….with my journey through life
    Kim@Stuffcould… recently posted..My Scooter Wreck

April 20, 2013 at 11:27 pm

It’s the truth, isn’t it? There is so much comfort in knowing He sees the end from the beginning.

Denise
    April 20, 2013 at 4:33 am

I often said “but God” may have been my two favorite words. “Even before” is equally beautiful to consider…thank you for this…my heart is smiling as I take this in – savoring.

April 20, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Thankful it ministered to your heart!