Five-Minute Friday: Friend

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Friend

(photo credit)

Over the years, friends have come and gone.  Moved away, chose to walk away, disappeared, never to be heard from again.  I am thankful for those that God has brought into my life, who have walked with me as I’ve weathered life’s storms.

A friend loves at all times.

I have a community of friends that are tried and true, who have loved me through thick and thin.  When my faith was weak, they’ve lended their own. When I could not see in front of me, they’ve brought sight to my blind eyes.  When I felt as if I had failed, they’ve given back with nothing but unconditional love.

And you, my on-line, may never meet in real life friend, thank you for being here.

You inspire me to chase after my dreams.

You encourage me by your grace-filled words.

You have accepted me and given me unconditional love despite my flaws.

Thank you for accepting me into your space.

Thank you for sharing your life with me and allowing me to share mine in return.

Thank you for being my friend.

(photo credit)

I would love for you to join me at Lisa-Jo’s place and share your thoughts on friendship.

Five Minute Friday

1. I was trying to find the one bit I liked best. I can’t pick just one. Have enjoyed watching your conversations at the #FMFParty (I get a little braver each week – maybe next week I’ll dive in). This part: “When I felt as if I had failed, they’ve given back with nothing but unconditional love.” really resonates because I am all over that one. As I’m learning more about and exploring the online community, your closing paragraph rings true too! These friends – you – encourage, inspire, accept. Such a blessing. Thank you!
    Rebekah @ Three Bees in a Blue Bonnet recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Friend

• Barbie says:

Thank you so much Rebekah for stopping by! I hope you will plan to join the #fmfparty soon. It is a lot of fun. Hard for me to keep up with everyone, but so much fun. Looking forward to stopping by your blog. Have a blessed weekend!

2. Leigh says:

So sweet and so true!
    Leigh recently posted..5 Minute Friday, Dreaming of Friends

3. Elizabeth says:

Thank you, too. Love you, Barbie!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Friday Favs….a touch of green-using houseplants in your decor

4. You are sooooo welcome! 😉 I’m so glad to have you as a friend too!!!
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: FRIENDS

5. Megan Eccles says:

Thank YOU Barbie, for being an inspiration each and every week.
    Megan Eccles recently posted..Friends #fiveminutefriday

6. Lizzy says:

I can so relate. Thank you for sharing this glimpse of beauty 🙂
    Lizzy recently posted..Real Friends

7. denise says:

Fabulous post.
    denise recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Friend

8. Linda Stoll says:

oh yeah … life is transient and people are, too. to have someone who sticks by you over a long space and time? a true treasure, my friend …
    Linda Stoll recently posted..300 Seconds on Filling the Abyss

9. Tam says:

I figure that people come and go for a reason. I don’t question. It hurts when a friend walks away or when I have decided to walk away from a friend. Still, I know that there is a reason and that reason serves the greater good. Lovely post. Thank you.
    Tam recently posted..Friend.

• Barbie says:

So true. I believe there are seasons in friendships. I do pray for those that will last a lifetime. Have a lovely weekend!

10. Thankful for those friends who stick with us through thick and thin. I think perhaps I thought early in life that I would always have those friends plentiful in my life. But I’ve learned that God truly gives us a handful who stick like glue through the seasons and years. And they are gifts to cherish.
    Shelly Miller recently posted..Great Expectations of Friendship {And Why We Don’t Have Them}

11. Child of God says:

You are such a blessing Barbie. I am glad and honoured to walk by your side as a friend.

Love and hugs,
    Child of God recently posted..Some Updates udated with 2nd part

12. Ashley says:

I love how you said A friend loves at all times. Very powerful.
    Ashley recently posted..I’m Over At the Purposeful Mom Today!

13. Barbie- in a few short months you have become one of my gems… thank you for you friendship!
    Lisa @ four simply living recently posted..Her, and the real me

• Barbie says:

Oh girl, you brought a tear to my eye. Seriously. Just got done watching the IRL webcast and well, I’m mushy. Thank you for your friendship. I seriously hope we can meet one day!

14. Kelly says:

Thank you, friend.

15. Beth says:

You have such a beautiful heart Barbie! Love what you’ve shared here today. I’ve been following you for only a short time, but I feel blessed already to know you in this online world.
    Beth recently posted..My friend…my Kuleana

16. ~Karrilee~ says:

Oh Sweet Barbie… you are such a Light and a Joy to me! I treasure the friendship we have growing here… and I so wish I could join you at your (in)RL meet up! I will be busy with my own… but we will be together in spirit, friend!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday: “Friend”

• Barbie says:

Oh girl, I wish we could be together at (in)RL too! But I am so excited you are hosting and I just know we will meet one day! Hugs!

17. I agree with your words. You bless me friend!!!
    Positively Alene recently posted..i don’t trust you and beyond.

18. Rosann says:

And thank you for being my friend! :).
    Rosann recently posted..Deny Yourself

19. Brie E says:

And this is why I blog. It’s true, we may never meet, but being a part of a community with women like you makes me feel incredibly grateful and blessed. This is exactly what I needed today. Thanks for uplifting me!
    Brie E recently posted..Mr. E’s Custom Potato Salad

• Barbie says:

Brie, so thankful you stopped by to read and be encouraged. That potato salad on your site today looks so good! Have a blessed weekend.

20. Amy P Boyd says:

Barbie, Thank you for how sweet and inviting you always are in #FMFParty. I was so nervous to join in my first part but you were there welcome others so it gave me the courage to just jump in. It was one of the best things I did.
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..Not My Friend {Five Minute Friday}

21. Yes, friends are God’s way of taking care of us!!
    Elise Daly Parker recently posted..A Few Thoughts on Friends for Five Minute Friday