52 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Here

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Here

Here I am, Lord.
Do You remember me, You’re Beloved One?
What is it that You see in me, that You would respond to the cry of my heart?
When you look at me, do you see me as beautiful?
My heart aches. I long to be with You.
Yet the stress of the day keeps me spinning, out of control, far from You.

You promised that You would never leave me.
You said that Your love would chase me down.
When I continue to turn away, seeking after other lovers, will You remain?
Yet, You’ve never left my side.
You are always here, waiting for me to come.
Will you accept me, Lord, with arms wide open?
When I come to meet You, when my heart finally yields, will You be waiting?

Here I am, Lord.
I come surrendered.
I come abandoned.
I come imperfect.
Take me in Your arms, Here in this place.
Here, where it’s just You and me, Lord.
Here I will remain, with You.
Safe and secure in Your arms of love.

I would love for you to join me at Lisa-Jo’s place and share your thoughts on the word “here”.

Five Minute Friday

*This post is part of a challenge to blog every weekday in the month of April.  You can read more about it here.

Rebekah
    April 11, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Such a beautiful reminder of how close He holds us – no matter what. No matter where we run. No matter what. He is always there. Ready to hold us here. This really blessed me as I am ready to head off to bed. Thank you. Think I saw you on the #FMFParty tonight 🙂
    Rebekah recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Here

April 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment Rebekah! Your post was beautiful. So thankful you decided to write!

Debi @ DebiStangeland.com
    April 11, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Lovely! Just lovely. I want to be “chased down” by His love too. Thank you for this beautiful picture of Him.
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: HERE

April 12, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Thank you so much Debi for stopping by. So thankful your husband is home! Be blessed!

Alia Joy
    April 11, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I’m so glad to be able to catch up with you tonight and here on your blog. I love the building of community as well and hate it when I can’t get to comments or emails or respond and connect but I also know limits, or at least try to, so I know when I have to pull back and be here with Him. ” Here, where it’s just You and me, Lord.” Sometimes, we just need to rest in that. Love you friend, and I’m glad to have a few moments with your heart here tonight.
    Alia Joy recently posted..In Which Writing is Like Pregnancy

April 12, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Oh sweet friend, I know! I love you all so much and it’s like I am missing a piece of your lives when I don’t visit. But thankful I got to chat a little at the #fmfparty tonight. Have a beautiful weekend!

Dolly@Soulstops
    April 11, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Dear Barbie,

I so appreciate your heart for God, and I know He pursues you and sees you as His beautiful Beloved…and yes, just resting in Him 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Here

April 12, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Thank you my friend! You bless!

Wendy
    April 11, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Oh my sweet friend how I love your heart for Him. These words both a prayer and worship. Stunning. Blessings and much love.
    Wendy recently posted..You Meet Me Here

April 12, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Have a beautiful weekend Wendy! Love your heart for others.

~Karrilee~
    April 11, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Ah yes… yes to all of this, my friend! We come to Him – in any state… and He reminds us that He has been here all along!

So good to catch up a bit tonight!
    Love you Barbie!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five MInute Friday – HERE

April 12, 2013 at 8:04 pm

I have to continually be reminded that God never moves, but moves with me at the same time. Does that make sense? Have a lovely weekend!

Brenda
    April 11, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Just what I needed to read!! Thank you!!

April 12, 2013 at 8:15 pm

You’re welcome Brenda. Have a beautiful week.

Jennifer
    April 11, 2013 at 11:33 pm

You, friend, are beautiful. He absolutely can’t stay away. XO

April 12, 2013 at 8:16 pm

I love you! So thankful I get to see you in person very soon! Yay!

denise
    April 11, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Wonderful reminder.
    denise recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Here

April 12, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Thank you Denise!

Linda Stoll
    April 12, 2013 at 2:35 am

… praying this with you, for you, Barbie!
    Linda Stoll recently posted..300 Seconds on Insomnia

April 12, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Thank you Linda! Praying you have an amazing weekend basking in His love!

Lizzy
    April 12, 2013 at 5:36 am

I love the picture you paint here. A beautiful five minutes. Thanks for sharing.
    Lizzy recently posted..Here Together

April 12, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Bless you Lizzy!

Debbie
    April 12, 2013 at 5:49 am

Isn’t it wonderful to know that God loves us so much. And yes He loves and cares about every detail of your life Barbie! When He looks at you …He sees Jesus. So thankful for His grace and mercy towards us.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Here

April 12, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Thank you Debbie! Always so encouraging, always pouring forth the love of the Father onto others. Have a blessed weekend.

Meredith
    April 12, 2013 at 6:45 am

This is so beautiful, Barbie.
    And oh how I relate . . .
    Thank you for this. It feels like a gift. xoxo
    Meredith recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Right HERE, Right NOW

April 12, 2013 at 8:20 pm

So thankful I could give you a gift from Papa today!

Missy
    April 12, 2013 at 8:32 am

Oh, how He loves us! I stand amazed (and sometimes am slumped down and still amazed) that he counts us as his beloved ones. I hear these words and they resound in my own heart, too.
    Missy recently posted..A Deep Sigh and a Big Breath

April 12, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I too stand amazed, and so thankful that I am His! Have a lovely weekend!

Katy
    April 12, 2013 at 8:54 am

Beautiful! So fun reading your take on “here” =)
    Katy recently posted..Here…

April 12, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Thank you Katy! Your write was absolutely beautiful!

Kathleen
    April 12, 2013 at 9:48 am

How beautiful and sincere – I felt so much love for the Lord in your words… Such a longing to be with Him. I know that longing. Bless You – Have a God-filled weekend 🙂
    Kathleen recently posted..Here I Am

April 12, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Praying that He meets you in your place of longing. Blessings!

Mel
    April 12, 2013 at 11:19 am

I love the reminder that He holds us no matter what…and no matter where we are. Beautiful post, friend! 🙂
    Mel recently posted..Five-Minute Friday: Here

April 12, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Oh yes! Held in His grip. Held in His grace. Held in His love! Blessings!

Beth
    April 12, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Barbie, I made my way here first thing this morning and what a beautiful post to begin my day with. Thank you! Your words are always inspiring. I’m so grateful that He never leaves our side. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Beth recently posted..Trusting God Right Here

April 12, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Thank you Beth! Praying you have a blessed weekend, overwhelmed with His love.

Tonya Salomons
    April 12, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Yes!!! Abandoned I want to come to Him abandoned. Thank you for these words friend.
    Tonya Salomons recently posted..When the Mind Hurts

April 12, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Thanks for stopping by Tonya!

Crystal
    April 12, 2013 at 5:53 pm

yes. yes. and amen. this is so beautifully, lyrically written. it could be a psalm, or worship song!
    Crystal recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Here

April 12, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Awe, thank you Crystal. It truly is the cry of my heart!

Kel Rohlf
    April 12, 2013 at 7:20 pm

I love how your pour out your questions and heart to God in these five minutes and end with reassuring yourself and us with His promises and presence…sweet moments!
    Kel Rohlf recently posted..Here: At This Point

Nikki
    April 12, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Believe it or not, Jennifer Camp said what my heart wanted to say to you.
    this. was. beautiful. . . I felt it and yearned for the same.
    and friend–I have no trouble seeing why He pursues you with such ferver.;)
    Love and hugs to you!
    Nikki recently posted..Intimate Life-Knowledge {How My Prayers Have Changed}

April 12, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Nikki! Thank you for stopping by my space. Our hearts speak the same language; of this, I am certain!

Rebekah
    April 12, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Safe and Secure!! So true! So beautiful! So thankful!
    Rebekah recently posted..Here, on a Friday: Twelve Things on the Eve of Your Twelfth Birthday

April 12, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Thanks for stopping by Rebekah. What a beautiful post you wrote. I, as a mama, can so relate!

Amy P Boyd
    April 12, 2013 at 8:03 pm

Such beautiful reminder. Thanks for sharing.
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..We Are Here For A Purpose {Five Minute Friday}

April 12, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Blessings over you Amy!

Jennifer peterson
    April 13, 2013 at 7:28 am

Beautiful and I am at a loss for words. Love this, here I am Lord… beautiful prayer.
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..here

Megan Eccles
    April 13, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I could have sworn I commented on this before, but it appears I have been remiss.

Oh Barbie, your beautiful words have captured my heart. Your love for the Savior is evident, as is His love for you. These particular words struck me:

“Do You remember me, You’re Beloved One?
    What is it that You see in me, that You would respond to the cry of my heart?
    When you look at me, do you see me as beautiful?”

Because I feel that way too. I feel insignificant, in the place of the Father’s love. Thank you for sharing.
    Megan Eccles recently posted..Bippity

April 13, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Megan, thank you for reading! I have so may days where I feel insignificant and unloveable. I am so thankful for His love that chases after me.

Michele-Lyn
    April 14, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Your place keeps changing, eh? It’s beautiful. You are beautiful. I love these lines:
    “I come surrendered.
    I come abandoned.
    I come imperfect.
    Take me in Your arms, Here in this place.”

And I know they come from a genuine place, and you draw from a deep well. I see a beautiful work He is doing in you. And you are letting Him. Just love.
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..A Few Favorite Findings #2

April 14, 2013 at 11:49 pm

I love you sweet friend! May you find Him, in your here. May He continue to draw you close and fill you to overflowing!