Five Minute Friday: Jump!

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Jump!

She stood at the end of the dock, looking longingly at the cool, refreshing water.
Oh how she desired to jump in, to allow cool, crisp water to wash her clean.
Although hesitant, peace surrounded her, as the sun bared down on her face.
She felt the warmth of His embrace, there on the dock.
He asked her to come for a swim.  “I will be with you”.  He promised.
She was afraid of the unknown.  How deep was this river?
Would she be able to stand once she jumped in?
Come!”, He beckoned her.  I long to refresh you.  I long to wash you in the river.”
As she stood, gazing across the river, the sunlight caught her eye.  And she smiled.
“I am safe.  I have nothing to fear, for He is there in the river.”
And she jumped, head first, never looking back.

I would love for you to join me in sharing your thoughts on the word “jump”.  Link up, or share in the comments below.

*This post is part of a challenge to blog every weekday in the month of April.  You can read more about it here.

Five Minute Friday

1. Friend, you’ve done it again, ministered to my heart! “I will be with you”, are there any sweeter words? Thank you for this creative post. -Rachel from Redeeming Her

2. Jennifer says:

That is some beautiful water we are jumping into, friend. Let’s go! 🙂 This whole image is just amazing, Barbie. Thank you. Love you, friend.

3. denise says:

I will gladly jump with you.
    denise recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Jump

4. Jedidja says:

Thank you for this refreshing blog. The picture is amazing an I love the spiritual lesson. Lets jump in His arms.
    Jedidja recently posted..Maak je klaar, trek door de Jordaan!

5. Wendy says:

Jumping in with you, friend, Such a beautiful picture you have painted with your words today. To hear the invitation and to trust Him in the jump. Wonderful. Love you much.
    Wendy recently posted..My Heart Bare

6. Oh my stars that pic is captivating my heart. I’m ready to jump in NOW! Your words push me forward. Thanks friend. Love ya
    Positively Alene recently posted..quit procrastinating . . . jump.

7. Debbie says:

Taking that jump is scary! I loved your words and how you described taking that leap. So thankful that He is there through all the rivers and valleys of our lives Barbie.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Jump

8. kaseyparr99 says:

Precious words. Spoken by a writer of God’s words. Blessings, Kasey

9. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    Yes, that first jump into the unknown is quite scary, but one we have taken that step, we never look back, don’t we!! We soon realize that that river is just filled with love.
    Much love
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Jump Jesus Jump

10. Lizzy says:

I needed this today, thank you!
    Lizzy recently posted..To Jump Or Not To Jump

11. ~Karrilee~ says:

This is oh so refreshing… it’s as if you have held us by the hand and invited us to jump in with you! Thanks for that my friend! (Oh – and that photo… Perfection!!!) Love you sweet sister!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – “JUMP”

• Barbie says:

Thank you Karrilee! Isn’t that what sisters do? Hold one another’s hands until we are able to go it alone? I can’t take credit for the picture. I have Fotolia to thank for that. It is beautiful though!

12. You have such a lovely style Barbie. I love to read your writing because it is so welcoming and encouraging. Thank you for showing us such a lovely picture of this word today.
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: JUMP

13. Jennifer says:

Beautiful words! it brings such peace to know that no matter where we go, He is always there!
    By the way, I love the picture you chose!
    Jennifer recently posted..Jump

14. Beth says:

Jumping with you, Barbie! Love, love your image and the words you’ve shared. Grateful that He is always with us. Happy Friday.
    Beth recently posted..Jump in the Ocean

15. Oh, this is so beautiful! And what a gorgeous picture to go with your words!
    Rebekah {honeyandcheese} recently posted..Child’s Praise {5 Minute Friday}

16. Dana Butler says:

To echo the others… I love this. 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing. Jumping in with you!
    Dana Butler recently posted..Oh Boy. Am I Ever Jumping. [Five Minute Friday]

17. Lea says:

You are one more amazing writer my friend! Your words flow beautifully and I can just picture the word “jump” in my mind’s eye as I read your post. Happy weekend!
    Lea recently posted..Friday Fragments

18. A leap of faith… a jump. Beautiful post and picture. Thank you for the inspiration! 🙂
    Steph from Be Positive Mom recently posted..When Blog Moms Meet

19. Barbie, you’ve created a beautiful picture of God’s protective, loving, secure embrace. It can be frightening to initially take the jump… Oh, but what an awesome place to land! Thank you for these encouraging words!
    Thanks so much for visiting my place!
    Blessings to you ~ Mary
    Mary @ Woman to Woman recently posted..Are You Bowing Down?

20. This picture you’ve painted…I love it. I want to hang it on my walls. I can’t swim and I don’t get into the water unless I can see the bottom. Still, He beckons us to come to Him and I can’t resist Him. He is irresistible. Jumping with you!
    Amy ~ Seasons Change recently posted..Jump

• Barbie says:

I’m not much of a swimmer either. It’s so much easier to jump when we can see what we are jumping into, isn’t it? Thanks for stopping by Amy!

21. Beautiful picture. Beautiful words. Beautiful hope!
    Oh me of little faith! May He increase my faith! Even after I wrote somewhat similar thoughts, you encourage my heart to lean into Him. Thank you.
    Rebekah@asoftgentlevoice recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Jump

22. Rebekah says:

Love it! What a beautiful visual!!
    Rebekah recently posted..Don’t Do It Half Way, Jump ALL in!

23. Always always blessed when I stop by your place, l feel refreshed and encouraged!! Thank you, love you much
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..Cliff diving

24. Joy says:

It’s amazing how many of us wrote about jumping out in faith. Goes to show – we’re never the “only one”. 🙂

25. Amy Tilson says:

So much peach and confidence in these words. Thank you!
    Amy Tilson recently posted..R is for Reading & Research