32 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: The Never Ending Chase

My son came home from his 3 month internship at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City full of new songs.  I am thankful that the Lord is growing him as a musician and worship leader.  I couldn’t be more proud.

He also brought home a new CD by Jaye Thomas entitled “Intimate“.  I’ve been listening to it over and over again.  Song #2, “Pursuit of You” struck a chord with me, as it talks about our pursuit of God, and God’s pursuit of us.  Here are some of the words to the song:

“You’re chasing me.  I’m chasing you.
I’m being pursued by the very love that I pursue.”

In pursuit of You.
Nothing else matters, nothing will do.
And I have nothing worth clinging to.
I’ll be Your Bride, come and be my Groom.

I keep on running, chasing after you
Its my glory, You are worth the pursuit,
So I will run after you!

This song got me thinking about how, for as much as I pursue God, His pursuit of me is so much greater, so much fiercer.  He loves me, with an everlasting and relentless love.  He will never stop pursuing me!

I have a picture in my mind of me running after God, but at the same time He’s running after me.  We are literally running in circles, me trying to catch Him, and Him running after me. There is no where for me to go but directly into His arms of Love!

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.
(Psalm 23:6)

How about you my friend? Are you running hard after God?  He’s running hard after you! Stop, just for a moment, and allow Him to catch you!

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1.  Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.  (Please only link one post.  Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2.  Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3.  Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

*This post is part of a challenge to blog every weekday in the month of April.  You can read more about it here.

Beth @ My Destiny
    April 13, 2013 at 6:03 am

Oh, I love this Barbie! I would love to hear that song too! Definitely my heart — chasing after my Lord. He captures my attention and my affections. Ahhhhh.

Bless you today!
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Remind yourself!

April 13, 2013 at 10:24 am

Beth, if you click on the link where the song title is, it will take you to a page where you can hear the song. Have a beautiful weekend!

Mary @ Redo 101
    April 13, 2013 at 6:07 am

It’s so beautiful to think of God pursuing us … reminds me of the girl and guy running toward each other on the beach and then, they meet. Must be the same with us, running toward our Lord and Him running toward us, we meet, and we are held in His loving arms. What a loving Savior. Thanks for sharing this, and for hostessing the party. BTW, if you’d like to visit and comment on something you’re thankful for, we’d love to have you – I was going to do a linky party but can’t get the linky thing to work, so we’re just doing comments on Friday-Sunday. Hugs ~ Mary
    Mary @ Redo 101 recently posted..Gratitude Weekly #3

April 13, 2013 at 10:25 am

Thanks Mary! I left a comment on your post. I’m sorry you can’t get the linky to work. I am happy to help. Have a blessed weekend!

bluecottonmemory
    April 13, 2013 at 6:10 am

I am learning more about how He pursues me as I study and believe about how He pursues my sons:)
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..Soul Stories in Dust Jackets

April 13, 2013 at 10:26 am

That’s such a perfect example, isn’t it? Watching God’s pursuit of our children, always helps us to understand His love.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day
    April 13, 2013 at 6:25 am

I think I need to get that song, Barbie.
    He surely places in spots to desire to pursue Him more. Isn’t there comfort in knowing how much God loves and pursues us?
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Daffodils Quote :: The Week at a Glance 4/13

April 13, 2013 at 10:26 am

It truly is awakening my spirit to the whole process of His pursuit of us! Blessings!

Jennifer peterson
    April 13, 2013 at 7:10 am

OH love this picture of us running and running hard to Him. Beautiful, and so excited for your son!!
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..here

April 13, 2013 at 10:27 am

Thanks Jennifer! There’s nothing more exciting than to know my children are pursuing God with their whole heart.

Esther Irish (@LaughWithUsBlog)
    April 13, 2013 at 7:51 am

I love finding new songs that just speak to me right where I am! Fun!
    Esther Irish (@LaughWithUsBlog) recently posted..Getting through Guatemala

April 13, 2013 at 10:28 am

Blessings to you Esther!

Child of God
    April 13, 2013 at 9:56 am

Hi Barbie,
    I am glad you have your son home and he enjoyed his time at IHOP. What an amazing experience that must have been.
    If it wasn’t for God pursuing us I wonder if we would even think about pursuing Him. It is because He first loved us that we can love.

Blessings,

April 13, 2013 at 10:29 am

And that is a beautiful truth! We love, because He first loved us!

Rachael
    April 13, 2013 at 10:10 am

I have learned to stop and let Him catch me! Blessings to you this weekend, Barbie! Thanks for sharing your heart.
    Rachael recently posted..Week 2: You are a new Creation

Ashley Ditto
    April 13, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Everytime I read your blog, I walk away feeling refreshed and revived. Bless you.
    Ashley Ditto recently posted..Coming Soon, The Inspiration Series!

April 13, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Awe, thanks Ashley. That is my goal!

Elizabeth
    April 13, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Can’t wait to check out that album!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Isaiah 43:1…

April 13, 2013 at 8:50 pm

It’s really good! Have a great Sunday!

Rachael
    April 13, 2013 at 2:20 pm

I am learning to stop running and let Him catch me! Thank you for sharing your heart here with us, Barbie! Your blog is such a place of peace for me. Blessings to you! Love, Rachael

~Karrilee~
    April 13, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Love this… and you know how my Mama’s heart is oh so happy for you! What an opportunity for your son! I am running hard after God and loving the reminders He is giving me that I never have far to run! He’s running at me full on and all in, after all!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five MInute Friday – HERE

April 13, 2013 at 8:49 pm

That’s the best way to run! Love you friend!

Lyli @ 3dLessons4Life
    April 13, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Beautiful verse and picture! This is my 1st time linking up. Thank you for hosting. 🙂

April 13, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Thank you for liking up Lyli! I am looking forward to reading your post.

Denise
    April 14, 2013 at 3:05 am

What a lovely song Barbie; just listened to it! 🙂

What a blessing for your son; I am sure it was an amazing experience and will leave an everlasting place in his heart. And what a blessing when our children are in pursuit of our precious Father!

So thankful that He continues to pursue me and doesn’t ever give on me!

Blessings and joy this week,
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Verbal Bullets

April 14, 2013 at 11:47 pm

And isn’t it comforting to know that even on those days when we stop pursuing Him, He continues to pursue us? Have a blessed week!

Linda Stoll
    April 14, 2013 at 7:07 am

solid, solid verse … the contrast of the wood, the tenderness of the sky … awesome, Barbie, awesome!
    Linda Stoll recently posted..Pathway Lingering

April 14, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Thank you for stopping by Linda!

Noreen
    April 14, 2013 at 11:25 am

Hi Barbie, Wow what a wonderful experience to have your son at IHOP! How wonderful that you can see the growth and be blessed by it. I loved this post dear one-so pertinent to today.
    Sending hugs and holy kisses to you.
    Noreen
    Noreen recently posted..Happy Birthday Peanut

April 14, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Thanks Noreen! Blessings!

kendal
    April 14, 2013 at 6:34 pm

relentless. love this thought….
    kendal recently posted..on not lopping the judas tree

Rina Peru
    April 16, 2013 at 7:23 am

I’m going to search for that song and learn it, too! I love learning new praise songs.