The Weekend Brew: A Light Unto My Path

A lamp to my feet.

I may not always know where I am going.  But when I am rooted and grounded in the Word of God, and diligently seeking after His will for my life, He promises to guide my every step. He keeps my feet from stumbling, and steers me away from the path of danger. It’s comforting to know that He has gone before me and prepared a safe passage.

A light to my path.

His light shines brightly before me, so that I can see the way to go.  I may not always know where I am to end up, but I trust that God will guide me by His light and the truth of His Word.  When I hide His Word in my heart, and lean on it as my guide, my eyes will be open to the right path, as well as those the enemies sets up to distract me and keep me from His presence.

I am so thankful for the light of God, for His Word, which shows me the way to go.  He is always faithful to lead me and to guide me, because I have put my trust in Him.

How have you been guided along life’s path recently by His light?  I would love for you to share in the comments!

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1.  Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.  (Please only link one post.  Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2.  Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3.  Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

1. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    I think our Lord honors every bit of trust we are able to put in Him and increases it daily, don’t you think!
    Blessings and a wonderful weekend.
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother

• Barbie says:

Oh yes! Little by little, with each step I take, I learn to trust Him a little bit more. Hope you’re enjoying your weekend my friend.

2. Truth! We need to keep writing and speaking His Truth. We need to burn it in our hearts and minds so that we think and breathe this truth. Thank you for speaking truth into my life today, Barbie. [hugs]
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..I Give Thanks :: Early in the Morning :: Joy Day!

• Barbie says:

Speaking truth is the only thing that will get rid of the lies floating around in my own head. Have a blessed Sunday!

3. A perfect picture to go with the Scripture today – isn’t it wonderful to know He’s leading us all the way. Hugs ~ Mary
    Mary @ Redo 101 recently posted..Fabric Button Bowls

4. Jessica says:

I just love pinterest & wish I could cycle some of my pins as a screen saver on my computer. I recently pinned this beautiful scripture, as a reminder for myself.

“I sought the Lord and He answered me and delivered me from all of my fears.” Psalm 34:4

His Will for our lives is perfect, he wants to prosper us. Even when we sin against him, He is always faithful. He is our enduring deliverer. There’s nothing else I need in this life!

• Barbie says:

Thank you Jessica, for stopping by! “He is our enduring deliverer.” Oh I love this. Have a beautiful Sunday!

5. Rachael says:

It has been a very busy month here at the Krumpes. I feel peace though. The Lord has lit a path for me and I am walking on it. I am thankful for His grace and mercy and strength to get me through each day. Thanks for asking, Barbie! Blessings to you
    Rachael recently posted..5 minute Friday – Friend

6. Love this verse! The sun in this picture is spectacular. 🙂
    Lyli @ 3dLessons4Life recently posted..Jehovah Shalom

7. Jen says:

Barbie – He is so beautiful, the way He gently, quietly re-directs our steps onto His path….like a sheep, gently nudging sheep going wayward with His staff. Thanks for the weekend link-up friend! ~ Jen
    Jen recently posted..Deep Chords. His Song. Exposing the Lie of Outward Appearances.

• Barbie says:

Ah, I love Him as the Good Shepherd. So faithful to gently lead us where we need to go. Have a beautiful tomorrow!

8. Praise God that His Word guides us! Thanks for the lovely post & for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Water and Oil: Cleansing and Holy Fire

9. Donna says:

Beautiful verse. I love the light in your picture.
    Donna recently posted..Less Miserable

10. Child of God says:

Hi Barbie,
    I find it pretty amazing how God will often light the path right before the next step. Waiting on Him to show me where to place my next step is becoming a thrill and a joy in expectation. He sure is an exciting God.

Blessings
    Child of God recently posted..Phoebe

11. Linda Stoll says:

Yes … lamp, light … His Word, His Spirit! How blessed we are …
    Linda Stoll recently posted..Mercy & Compassion

12. kendal says:

love this psalm. puts me in mind of an amy grant song….
    kendal recently posted..in which a non-knitter waxes poetic on knitting