When You Feel Stuck, Stop And Write A Blog Post

I don’t know about you, but some days the writing is just hard.  I have several posts sitting in draft on my dashboard.  Ideas that came to me here and there, words that formed in my head and into my heart, full of inspiration and passion, only to be left dry and unwritten once I actually set down to write the post.  It’s hard when our seasons of writing are a struggle. We want it to come easy, at least I know that I do.

I no longer question why the words don’t come easy, or at all some times. I no longer beat myself up for not being able to string my words together perfectly. I choose to believe that sometimes, it will just be hard. And that’s okay.

But I don’t want to stop writing.  I would love to be able to continue sharing my heart and my life with you, even when it’s hard.  So this month, I’ve accepted a challenge from my friend Lisa at Stop And Smell The Chocolates to write every weekday for the month of April. I am starting today, at the eleventh hour!  Knowing that I also post at least once on the weekend, this will be quite the challenge, but I am up for it.

I cannot promise you that each post will be deep and profound, but I can promise you that I will write.  I will share my heart, my craft, my ideas, maybe a recipe or a book review.  I hope to inspire you, make you laugh and perhaps give you that nudge to write again.

If you are up for this challenge, it’s not too late to join us.  Just head over to Lisa post and let her know you’d like to join in.

No matter what, never forget that your worth is not based on how much you are writing.

Whether you write every day, every week, every month or here and there, your words matter and what you say has value.  I would never want to put added pressure on you.  But if the words and ideas have been swirling in the back of your head, this may help to get you going. Whether you have deep and profound words, a craft or recipe to share, or would like to inspire us to see the beauty in every day through photography, we would love to have you! And if not, that is okay too.  Perhaps you will stop over here to encourage me along the way!

I’ll see you tomorrow!

1. So glad you’re joining in friend! I’m glad if I helped give you the nudge you needed. You can do this. 🙂
    Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates recently posted..Dare *Not* To Compare

2. I would love to join, but I just don’t have time. Sigh.

Have fun!
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..How do you smell?

3. Summer says:

Barbie,
    You are always my biggest inspiration! I believe GOD led me over to your blog this morning. The truth is I have been absent blogging. I mean I blog occasionally, but I haven’t really read or commented or even written with my whole heart until last night when a dear friend convinced me to do so.

You see I was discouraged after a falling out with a dear blog friend and my heart was left broken, bruised and well I was just scared. I was hurt by what happened, what was said and I just didn’t know how to just keep on writing. I want to keep sharing my story, but I also like writing about other stuff as well, recipes I have been doing via Pinterest, inspirations, quotes, etc.

I think this is an awesome way to get me back into the bloggy world and back to blogging for me.

The writing helps me, so I think I should keep on doing it! Thanks for that extra push this morning! I sure needed it!

Love ya,
    Summer
    Summer recently posted..Dare to Flare

• Barbie says:

Oh how I love you my friend. Yes, you must keep writing. I am sorry about the fall out with your friend. I will be praying for healing. . Thankful you came here today to be encouraged, and I look forward to what you have to share when you do write! Hugs!

4. Oh, good! I will look forward to your wise words, Barbie!
    susan@avintagefarmwife recently posted..File It!

5. Oh how I have missed your home here, so glad to be back and be blessed by your words:) Looking forward like always to read your posts. I have found that for me my harder posts to write are the ones that others can relate to the most!!
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..It’s okay to say no

6. Child of God says:

Good!! Looking forward to reading your works. I always enjoy your posts.

Blessings,
    Child of God recently posted..Fourth Dimension

7. charis says:

i don’t think i could do it at this time, but i think it is a great idea. love you barbie and can’t wait to read what spills out.
    charis recently posted..the blog post i didn’t want to write

8. This sounds like quite a challenge! I am lucky to get one or two posts up each week, but I’m trying to write more. Life just gets in the way. I’m looking forward to seeing what you inspire us with 🙂
    Anne {LearningTable} recently posted..Wonder-full Wednesday

9. Kerri says:

looking forward to following along, my friend…maybe it will give me the push i need to start writing again!!
    Kerri recently posted..His eye is on the sparrow

10. Missy says:

I can’t wait to see what comes spilling forth with daily postings from you, Barbie. Sometimes, reading beautiful words of others is just the inspiration I need to water the words sitting on my own dashboard.
    Missy recently posted..How To Know If You Have a Stuffed Animal Problem

11. Sally says:

This is one of the things that I remind myself all the time. Not every post has to be earth-shatteringly brilliant. Sometimes, it can start with a simple thought from the heart, or a loving thought that God has reminded you of and you want to share with others! In life, I wear my heart on my sleeve. It’s my desire to write that way as well — being transparent, and real. I’m not perfect. I have bad days. God loves me through it all, and for that I am thankful! Thanks for the reminder Barbie!
    Sally recently posted..2013 Ultimate Blog Party

12. kendal says:

i hope this writing journey is awesome for you! makes me sleepy to think of it….
    kendal recently posted..word from the word