41 In My 5 Minute Fridays

I Can Only Imagine: {Five Minute Friday}

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Imagine

heavens

Do you ever imagine what heaven will be like?  I do.  I dwell on heaven often, especially on the hard days, the days where you just want to run and hide, never to be seen again.

I imagine a place so beautiful that no words can describe it.  A place where the sun always shines, where there are no storms, no dark nights.  I imagine a place where everyone smiles at you when you walk by, where please and thank you abound, and where little ones roam freely, without the constant need for parental supervision.

I imagine a place where health and wholeness abound, a place where one will never go hungry or thirsty, where shelter is present and fears no longer exist.  I imagine a place with cool, fresh running water, where lush green, rolling hills abound and where animals roam freely.

I imagine a place where love is tangible, where joy resides, a place where the presence of the Lord is a daily encounter.  I imagine a place where worship is lifted day and night to the One who sits on the Throne.

Can you imagine what heaven will be like?  I know it will be beautiful, but I don’t have the words to describe it.  I can only imagine!

Five Minute Friday

Rebekah
    May 30, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I imagine it being the place that I can run forever and ever with out getting tired and without being in pain. Wait. Maybe I’d be content with just long walks. There are so many of those hard days when you just want to run and hide. I hear you friend. So thankful that we have heaven in our forward looking view to keep things in perspective.
    Rebekah recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Imagine

June 1, 2013 at 9:43 am

Oh the running or walking without pain, I can so relate. I look forward to the day when my body will no longer ache! Have a lovely weekend!

Elizabeth
    May 30, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Oh, sometimes this world is hard isn’t it? Really makes one long for our real home!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Friday’s Favs…my new old painting!

June 1, 2013 at 9:43 am

So true!

Katey
    May 30, 2013 at 10:48 pm

great minds think alike my friend…..I can only Imagine!
    Katey recently posted..Parenting the Adult Prodigal

June 1, 2013 at 9:43 am

Amen and amen!

Debi @ DebiStangeland.com
    May 30, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Oh yeah, Debi like! I do imagine, just like you and I can’t wait to get my mind blown!!! Thanks sister.
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: IMAGINE

June 1, 2013 at 9:44 am

Ha ha! Mind blowing is a great way of looking at it!

Kris
    May 31, 2013 at 3:00 am

I can’t wait to see Heaven. I know it is glorious beyond what I can imagine–someday, we’ll celebrate there together, and it will be glorious, much more than we imagine 😉
    Kris recently posted..Imagine

June 1, 2013 at 9:44 am

Looking forward to that day! Have a lovely weekend Kris!

Mel
    May 31, 2013 at 4:47 am

Love it…and what’s even more amazing is that we can imagine the most beautiful…and it will still be so far beyond that imagining. Can’t wait! Beautiful, my friend…blessings to you! 🙂
    Mel recently posted..Five-Minute Friday: Imagine

June 1, 2013 at 9:45 am

So true! Our minds will never be able to comprehend such beauty. But in the meantime, I am having fun imagining!

Mary
    May 31, 2013 at 4:55 am

A place with no fear…I love that.
    Mary recently posted..Not how I imagined

June 1, 2013 at 9:45 am

Where peace and joy abound! Have a blessed weekend Mary!

Wanda
    May 31, 2013 at 5:02 am

I can’t really begin to imagine all that heaven will be. I did once have a client that told about glimpses of heaven she saw when she almost died. What she described was like nothing my mind could ever conjure up.
    Wanda recently posted..Help Me Figure Out Feedly

June 1, 2013 at 9:46 am

I remember when my grandmother was dying, how she would talk of what she was seeing. It was so clear to hear, the depth and beauty, the people she saw. I can only imagine!

Lizzy
    May 31, 2013 at 5:15 am

When I was little we would a song that had the words ‘no more crying there, no more sighing there’. That always seemed very appealing! Loved your thoughts here – and great title too by the way 😉
    Lizzy recently posted..I Can Only Imagine

June 1, 2013 at 9:48 am

That will be a glorious day, won’t it? Thanks for stopping by Lizzy!

Dawn St Amand Paoletta
    May 31, 2013 at 5:15 am

Looking forward to the day with great anticipation! I know it will be glorious beyond imagination!
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Redeemed (5 Minute Friday-Imagine)

June 1, 2013 at 9:48 am

Thanks Dawn! Have a beautiful weekend!

Jennifer
    May 31, 2013 at 5:28 am

I imagine heaven also. And recognizing that this world we live in is not our home helps to get through it. We are just visiting here, our citizenship is in a much better place:).
    Jennifer recently posted..Imagine…

June 1, 2013 at 9:49 am

You know, my given birth name is Barbara, which means “stranger in a foreign land.” It’s so comforting to know that this is not my home.

Positively Alene
    May 31, 2013 at 7:17 am

Oh how I love your words. I can’t wrap my mind around heaven. I put up a short clip of a video I shot and I have to admit my images of heaven are changing. One thing I know for sure is will be grander than anything we’ve seen or imagined. Love ya
    Positively Alene recently posted..imagine i had it all wrong and a glimpse of heaven.

June 1, 2013 at 9:50 am

It’s mind boggling, really! Have a great weekend Alene!

Andi
    May 31, 2013 at 7:48 am

It will be such a sweet day, for all eternity!
    Andi recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Imagine

June 1, 2013 at 9:50 am

Amen!

Ashley
    May 31, 2013 at 10:14 am

What a beautiful thought about Heaven, Barbie!!
    Ashley recently posted..5 Minute Friday~ Imagine

June 1, 2013 at 9:50 am

Thanks for stopping by Ashley!

Beth
    May 31, 2013 at 12:38 pm

A place where everyones smiles! So lovely Barbie. Happy Friday.
    Beth recently posted..More than you could ever Imagine.

June 1, 2013 at 9:51 am

Have a lovely weekend Beth!

Dara Shultz
    May 31, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Such a lovely post!! Thank you for sharing it! 🙂

June 1, 2013 at 9:51 am

Thank you for visiting Dara!

jennifer peterson
    May 31, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Amen!! I know it is hard for us to know what it’ll be we can only imagine!!

June 1, 2013 at 9:51 am

So true! Have a beautiful weekend my friend!

~Karrilee~
    May 31, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I LOVE this sweet friend! “I can only imagine…” I do know that you will be there and I will be there and one day we will sit for hours over coffee (whether here or there!)
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Imagine… {Five Minute Friday}

June 1, 2013 at 9:52 am

Oh, I will be glorious on that day, but I do hope and pray the Lord will make a way for us to sip coffee together on this earth!

Amy P Boyd
    June 1, 2013 at 5:58 am

I find myself imagining heaven more and more as I get older and the world appears to get worse. I am excited to see how much more God has for us that even our minds can make but but then I am sadden at the thought of loved ones that I am not sure will be then. I think that is God’s reminder to me that since it is not time yet I need to keep serving and sharing with everyone I know.
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..Twitter Blessings {Five-Minute Friday}

June 1, 2013 at 9:53 am

I know this feeling too. None of my immediate family members are saved, except for one nephew. I want them to come to know the Lord before their time come. For now, we keep serving and praying and sharing Jesus, planting those seeds that hopefully will grow and bloom. Thanks for sharing!

Elise Daly Parker
    June 1, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Well you’ve painted a beautiful picture. I started to think a lot more about heaven when my beloved dad died. It was a time of grieving and reckoning…and then believing. Dad is in paradise and one day I will be too!
    Elise Daly Parker recently posted..What Did You Imagine? Five Minute Friday

Stephani
    June 1, 2013 at 3:30 pm

God has put it within us to love life, to want to live. He’s given us the fight or flight mechanism to help keep us going – I think until he finishes his work. I find it interesting and wonderful all at the same time that he considers this life a gift when the life that awaits us is perfect. As I write this comment it causes me to want to pull more out of this life because there is something wonderful about it that prepares us for the eternal one in glorious heaven. Yet I’m so glad that we have this eternal hope before us, it does add a glimmer to the dark spots in this life. Love you Barbie! You have a such a sweet spirit!
    Stephani recently posted..Imagine Faith

Janis Cox
    June 2, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Love your imagining. Now we just need to make our lives here as close to that as we can.
    Blessings,