The Weekend Brew: He Makes Beautiful Things

It’s hard to see the beauty in our lives sometimes.

And even harder yet to see the beauty that resides inside each one of us.

As Mother’s Day approaches, I’ve been reflecting on my own heart as a mom.

All I can see are my shortcomings and failures, words too quickly spoken, the grace I did not offer.

I want so much to always offer hope, encouragement, grace and patience to my children.

Yet I fall short.  Often.  Daily. Every moment.

Life becomes mundane, mediocre and my focus becomes fixed on the less-then-perfect, the ugly.

In the dust of motherhood and all that it entails,
will you believe with me that there is beauty?

When chaos and distraction surround you,
will you believe with me that there are moments of beauty?

When ugly and imperfection stare you in the face,
will you believe with me that you and all that you are speak of beauty?

He makes beautiful things, He makes beautiful things out of the dust.  He makes beautiful things out of us.

Let’s purpose together to walk this journey in pursuit of beauty.  We may not always see it, but He promises that if we seek it out, we will find it.

All around, hope is springing up from this old ground.  Out of chaos life is being found in You.

I want to share this video with you. It’s called You Make Beautiful Things Out of The Dust by Gungor.  Please listen, and soak up every word!

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1.  Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.  (Please only link one post.  Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2.  Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3.  Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

1. I love that verse in Ecclesiastes that says “He makes all things beautiful in His time…” It has always encouraged me. Happy Mother’s Day! 🙂
    Lyli @ 3dLessons4Life recently posted..Haven

2. Rebekah says:

Joining you here for the first time, with coffee in hand 🙂
    I also love the truth that Solomon penned:
    “He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man’s heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.”
    His ways are far beyond our finding out!
    Rebekah recently posted..Words of Wisdom for the Weekend: Pursuing God

3. Carrie says:

Oh, Barbie, how I can relate to your feelings! I’ll mess up and immediately chastise myself. Then I make the same mistake and feel like a total failure. A recent devotion reminded me though that the Lord doesn’t see us in our weaknesses. He sees us as the children made perfect through Him. I cling to that! Have a blessed weekend!
    Carrie recently posted..Fret Not, He Is Near

• Barbie says:

Such a powerful truth, that God looks past our weaknesses and sees us perfectly in His eyes. Praying you have a beautiful weekend.

4. I love that song, too Barbie. In fact I did a post with that as part of the theme. What a good listen and reminder. And you have something winging your way to remind you that You Are Extraordinary. 😉
    A blessed and Happy Mother’s Day to you!!
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..An Extraordinary Wrap-up :: The Week at a Glance 5/11

5. Jen says:

So overwhelmed today at how a God…OUR God….could be so good to bring beauty out of dust!
    Jen recently posted..The Difference Between Knowing God, and KNOWING God!

6. Rachael says:

Thanks so much for this reminder, Barbie. I need to see motherhood as my kids do or my own emotions and insecurities will sabotage all that they will try to bless me with this weekend. Happy Mother’s Day to you! Love, Rachael
    Rachael recently posted..When You are Weary

• Barbie says:

Oh man, I’ve already been self-sabotaging. Looking at myself through the eyes of Jesus is so much better! Happy Mother’s Day!

7. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    How often do we look at others through the eyes of the world! Our Lord looks at the heart and to Him all His children are beautiful! I often ask Him to enable me to see through His eyes!
    Blessings and love
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Gift Of Pain

8. Oh, I love this – so love that He makes beautiful things out of dust – of me, of when my boys struggle – thank you:)
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..Like A Whirlagig in Wind Spirals

9. Marty says:

One of the greatest things we can teach our children, and indeed encourage each other with, is finding the beauty in the everyday…grace is often found in the common.
    May your Mother’s Day be blessed, Barbie!
    Marty recently posted..Happy Mother’s Day

10. Beth says:

Barbie, I love that song! Your words, as always, have touched my heart. Many blessings.
    Beth recently posted..For your Sunday

11. Thank you for hosting today and for your encouraging words in your post.
    Judith at WholeHearted Home recently posted..My Unusual Mother’s Day Home Birth (Just an Hour Late!)

12. Kelly Greer says:

Barbie – Such a beautiful reminder this Mother’s Day as we can sometimes look at our parenting days with regret. But God uses all that we are … ALL… for good, because we love Him! Yes! We are beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Kelly
    Kelly Greer recently posted..Just Dreaming!