29 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: He Restores Me To Life

I came across this scripture in my reading yesterday.  Wow, what a promise!

Do you ever have days when you feel as if the life has been sucked right out of you?  I do.

God never promised that we wouldn’t have hard times.  But He does promise that He will be with us through it all.

I have to admit that it’s hard to keep my head above water some days, when it all comes crashing down. Sometimes I feel like a failure as I focus way too much on my circumstances, wondering where God is in the middle of it all.  But He’s right there, beside me, in the thick of it.  He’s never left me.  And He never will.

God promises to give us abundant life.  And when you feel as if you’ve had the life sucked right out of you, He promises that He will restore you to life, and lift you up once again.

Hang in there friend.  It will get better.  I promise!

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1.  Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.  (Please only link one post.  Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2.  Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3.  Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Mia
    May 18, 2013 at 4:59 am

Dear Barbie
    In the book of Isaiah, our Pappa tells us somewhere that amidst the greatest darkness without a ray of light, we still should trust Him! Well, like your words today, this is not easy, yet, so true. Yesterday was such a day for me, but today I already see the sun (Son) breaking through the darkness! I hope you are well, my friend.
    God bless you, Barbie
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..A Dark Song

May 18, 2013 at 9:08 am

Thankful for breakthrough! Have a beautiful weekend!

Laura Rath
    May 18, 2013 at 5:15 am

I can so relate to this Barbie! Life can indeed drain the life right out of me, but thankfully God fills me back up with His life. I have to go underline Psalm 71:20 in my Bible now. 🙂
    Blessings,
    Laura
    Laura Rath recently posted..Coming Alive in God’s Dream for Me

May 18, 2013 at 9:10 am

Thankful for you and your pursuit of Him! Blessings!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day
    May 18, 2013 at 6:11 am

Oh Barbie, I needed this verse today. 🙂
    And this is HIS second reminder to me today. The first was in my “Streams” devotional we read at breakfast. The thing is….we know these things in our hearts….but we get so tired of the wait, the unknown, the uncertainty, the empty hands, and the aloneness. Summoning up all I am and know to trust and believe with all I have.
    May your day overflow with joy! [hugs]
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Hope Quote by Victor Hugo

Diane | An Extraordinary Day
      May 18, 2013 at 6:12 am

Sorry I am not back-linking…there is something goofy in this post and if I back link the formatting is all lost. Thanks for your understanding.
      Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Hope Quote by Victor Hugo

May 18, 2013 at 9:11 am

Yes! Sometimes my head gets in the way of remembering to trust. Have a lovely weekend.

Pam
    May 18, 2013 at 6:38 am

Yes, I am clinging to that promise of restoration and all the promises of Deut 28 too. Love this psalm. Thank you, Barbie. Looks like many of us need this today too. 🙂

May 20, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Love Deut. 28! Have a blessed week Pam!

Elizabeth
    May 18, 2013 at 8:40 am

I love this verse….this life can be hard. I’m so glad it’s a blip on the screen compared to eternity!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Psalm 90:17…

May 20, 2013 at 9:31 pm

AMEN!

~Karrilee~
    May 18, 2013 at 9:57 am

I love this – and this image made me think of one of my favorite verses – Job 38:11 – hat a powerful reminder that He’s got this – even when it may not look like it! I needed that reminder this week myself… praying with you, sweet friend!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..” Song” – Five Minute Friday!

May 20, 2013 at 9:32 pm

So thankful He knows the end from the beginning, and holds all things in His hands!

Lyli @ 3dLessons4Life
    May 18, 2013 at 10:10 am

Sweet promise! 🙂
    Lyli @ 3dLessons4Life recently posted..Cultivate

May 20, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Thanks for stopping by Lyli!

Lea
    May 18, 2013 at 5:46 pm

In the past 5 years I have felt like the life was sucked right out me several times. But, it didn’t take long in any of the situations to realize that HE was still on His throne and very much in control of things. And, he always restores my soul.

Good post Barbie! Sweetest blessings to you this weekend!
    Lea recently posted..Friday Fragments

May 20, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Yes! He’s in control and I need to remember that! Have a blessed week.

Jen Ferguson
    May 18, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I didn’t know you had a link up! I’ll join in with you next week! And I love the beach so I just LOVE the ocean pic. Will be pinning!
    Jen Ferguson recently posted..Because He Wants You to Know

May 20, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Thanks Jen. The link up is open through Tuesdays, so would love to have you next time 🙂 My son took this picture with his iPhone. Isn’t it gorgeous! Have a blessed week.

Joan
    May 18, 2013 at 8:58 pm

I am so thankful that He is with us through thick and thin! Sometimes I momentarily forget that, so your timely reminder was perfect. Thank you!

Blessings, Joan
    Joan recently posted..Starting Over

May 20, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I need this reminder too, Joan. Have a blessed week.

Marty
    May 19, 2013 at 4:35 am

There have been many times in my life when I’ve just had to hold to the promises that He will bind up the brokenhearted and heal their wounds. He has always been faithful to do so.
    Marty recently posted..Blessed Is The One

May 20, 2013 at 9:36 pm

AMEN and so true! Thanks for stopping by Marty!

Denise
    May 19, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Love this Barbie! I He has promised us that our suffering is not in vain or without a purpose. I sometimes have to remember that He allows me to go through trials so that He can comfort me and I will know the true joy of His peace and assurance during any situation. 🙂
    Blessings and joy! 🙂
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Home Brew

Rachael
    May 19, 2013 at 8:13 pm

I am feeling a little lifeless this Sabbath! I could use some good rest for body, mind and soul! Thankful for a God who will supply that kind of rest! Have a great week, Barbie! Love, Rachael
    Rachael recently posted..May Wedding Thanksgiving

Judith at WholeHearted Home
    May 20, 2013 at 12:59 am

Thanks so much Barbie for hosting so faithfully again today.

That picture is gorgeous of the ocean waves!! I love that scripture too and appreciate your encouragement, because, yes, I do have days like that also. I find what pulls me out of the pit is learning to be thankful.
    Judith at WholeHearted Home recently posted..It’s Me Again God

Kelli
    May 20, 2013 at 6:51 am

Amen Barbie! I just wrote about this very thing today. My husband and I are struggling to push through this season we are in and live abundantly here while we wait. It is SO hard but we believe that He is here.

Thank you for your heart!
    Kelli recently posted..He lives in the messy moments and makes them beautiful.

Child of God
    May 20, 2013 at 11:09 am

Beautiful picture and Scripture!!
    I am sorry I haven’t been around to link up lately, I have just been really busy with farm work and stuff popping up all over the place. Hopefully things will settle down soon so I can come back and link up with you.

Blessings sister!
    Child of God recently posted..Thank You For Praying!

Janet @ Frugal & Focused
    May 21, 2013 at 10:31 am

What a wonderful promise and one I am so thankful for. I certainly have days like this. Thanks for the encouragement.