The Weekend Brew: He’s Calling You To Come Away!

I woke up on Mother’s Day and asked the Father for a message for His daughters.  I was scheduled to paint that morning during the worship service and I wanted to communicate His heart.  I heard him speak softly,

“Tell my daughters that I am calling them to come away with me.”

Precious ones, this was not just a message for His daughters on Mother’s Day.  It is a message for us every day.

I do not know what you are going through today, nor what challenges lie ahead of you, nor the pain in your heart.  But God knows. He understands.  He is well acquainted with your sorrows, your disappointments, your pain, your hopes and your dreams.

Today’s message is simple: He is calling you to come away with Him!  Will you take just a moment to steal away with Him and allow Him to speak to your heart?  It doesn’t have to be long, but I promise you once you arrive in that place you will not want to leave.

He is waiting for you.  Will you come?

My beloved spoke, and said to me:
“Rise up, my love, my fair one,
And come away.
11 For lo, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone.
12 The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of singing has come,
And the voice of the turtledove
Is heard in our land.
13 The fig tree puts forth her green figs,
And the vines with the tender grapes
Give a good smell.
Rise up, my love, my fair one,
And come away! (Songs 2:10-13)

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1.  Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.  (Please only link one post.  Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2.  Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3.  Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

1. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    The best is when our Beloved teaches us how to always abide in Him. Then we can often in quiet moments just become still and draw deep into His Loving Embrace. Priceless, way above the riches this world can offer!!
    God bless you this weekend, Barbie
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Valley of The Matrix

2. Joanne Viola says:

Beautiful thoughts & painting. Nothing compares with those quiet moments with Him to get you through the day. The devotional by the same title, Come Away My Beloved, is one of my favorites! Has been for years. Thank you for sharing this today!
    Blessings,
    Joanne

• Barbie says:

I love the devotional “Come Away My Beloved”. Thanks for stopping by Joanne. Enjoy your weekend.

3. Beautiful, Barbie! And the perfect message- I can hear Him! I have been heeding His voice and it’s getting easier to hear Him above the many competing voices within and without!
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..I’m No Angel: From Victoria’s Secret Model to Role Model by Kylie Bisutti (Book Review)

4. Denise says:

This beautiful verse is such a blessing; one in which God wants to speak to each one of us while we are lost in our circumstances. You can just hear His voice drawing our hearts away to Him!! Beautiful Barbie; thanks for this encouragement this weekend!

Blessings and hugs dear sister,
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Don’t Stop Knocking

5. Beth says:

Love, love, love! Being that I’m somewhat new to my faith there is still much of the Bible I have not read. Sometimes I wish this wasn’t the case, but many times (like now) I’m so grateful when others share something that is new for me to learn. This…oh how I love this. “Come away with Him.” I think I need to go spend some time in Songs. Thank you for sharing, Barbie. I truly do love your heart for others. Beautiful!
    Beth recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend ~ Remember Our Fallen

• Barbie says:

Thank you for following. I am so thankful you are blessed! I did a lengthy series on my blog a while back on Songs. If you do a search on my blog (search bar at the bottom) you will find all of the posts. Blessings for a beautiful weekend.

6. I receive this message with joy in my heart! How amazing that the God of this universe loves me with such reckless abandon. I am so blessed. Thank you for this reminder. 🙂
    Lyli @ 3dLessons4Life recently posted..Remember

7. Oh my friend…you speak truth.
    Thank you for your words today and the encouragement in them.
    It is so good to ‘steal away’ with him. Always.
    I am so fascinated how your church has people who paint. A lovely piece. Thank you for sharing it and your heart.
    May your and your family enjoy an extraordinary weekend and Memorial Day!
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Where flowers bloom :: The Week at a Glance 5/25

• Barbie says:

Diane, I love that we have the freedom to express ourselves in worship in this way. There are so many talented artists in our church. I paint with my hands so I am unique as I love to feel the music as I offer myself to God in this way. Have a lovely weekend!

8. Our beloved Bridegroom invites us to Come away with Him — may we always draw nearer to Him. Thanks for the beautiful post & for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Gifts from the Beach – Love Letters in the Sand

9. Rachael says:

I am reading the chronological Bible and am almost to Song of Solomon. I can’t wait to see/hear what the Lord will do during my time in that book as I study HIs Word. Thanks so much for sharing and for the link up, Barbie. Have a good weekend! Love, Rachael
    Rachael recently posted..Your Purpose vs. His Purpose

• Barbie says:

SOS has got to be my favorite, next to the Psalms. I did a series on my blog a while back on it. There is so much that I know God has yet to reveal. Have a lovely weekend.

10. Marty says:

Is that painting yours? It’s quite lovely!
    Marty recently posted..The Word of Our God

11. April says:

Barbie – once again, a wonderful post and reminder! Thank you so much for hosting this lovely linkup each week. I’m now headed out to have a quiet moment with our Lord as I take the dog for a walk. Blessings to you today!
    April recently posted..Discover Your Inner Wonder Woman

12. Amanda says:

So beautiful, Barbie!! I am so thankful He calls us…there is no other place I would rather be! Have a blessed day 🙂
    Amanda recently posted..Something Thrifted, Something Blue ~ Two Colorful Makeovers

13. rachel says:

He is calling you to come away with Him.

i gasped at this line, because I found you through one blog and then another and on some sort of twisted rabbit-hole path that I could not trace back without much work. but I wrote about this same thing today, and I know He wanted me to know this, deep, centered in my core.

you spoke life to me today, dear sister. I will be in this place more often. <3

• Barbie says:

I am so thankful you stopped by Rachel, and were blessed, I just hopped over to your blog. WOW, how did I every miss visiting you before? I am following you along and hope to get to know you more. You write beautifully!

14. Southern Gal says:

Those words always cause me to sing Keith Green’s song “Asleep in the Light”. Thanks for the reminder.
    Southern Gal recently posted..His Life For Mine – A Missionary’s Journey

15. So encouraging. Love to hear how your home schooling year went. Blessings.

• Barbie says:

Thank you! I am so behind in reading my blogs these days. Hope you are doing well. And I hope to visit soon!

16. Tereasa says:

You paint during worship? That sounds amazing! I once worshiped with a young man who painted Jesus while we sang. I wish I could have taken the painting home. It was beautiful!

I love the words you shared here. They are so encouraging and so perfect for this time of year. This is typically when I feel his calling the clearest!
    Tereasa recently posted..Summer Reading

• Barbie says:

Yes, I am so privileged to be able to worship God in this way. I am known as the “finger painter” at my church, as every painting I do is 95% with my hands & fingers! I have seen some pretty amazing paintings done during worship! Be blessed!