25 In My 5 Minute Fridays

To Be Brave

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Brave

I desire to be brave…

To step into the scary dreams that lay hidden in my heart.
To reach for that which I cannot see.
To go where He is leading.
To lay hands on the sick and see them made whole.
To believe that I am beautiful.
To believe that I have something to offer.

For bravery is courage and sometimes I just don’t have the courage to be brave.

But He calls me.  You see, I cannot be brave without Him. In and of myself I can do nothing, I can be nothing, I am nothing.

But with Him, I am brave.

So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For theLord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”  (Deuteronomy 31:6 NLT)

Five Minute Friday

Joy
    May 2, 2013 at 11:26 pm

This is really a great post. I am sure you will find strength to be brave again and again because you believe.
    Joy recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Brave

Michelle
    May 2, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Thank you for sharing the words that remind us – we’re not in this alone.

richelle @ "our wright"-ing pad
    May 3, 2013 at 1:04 am

so much i could possibly say… but perhaps brief is best: “Amen!”

beautiful post, this friday, barbie.

Mary
    May 3, 2013 at 1:25 am

Yes, Barbie…without him we are nothing. You are beautiful, my friend. I would love to meet you in person, give you a big hug and talk about all the ways you are beautiful and brave.

Hugs~
    Mary
    Mary recently posted..5 minute Friday…

DedraC@SimpleOpulence
    May 3, 2013 at 3:53 am

I love this topic! It is one of my favorites. When we are being brave, we are at our best in Him, right? I get the since we are becoming more brave together. He does it in us.
    DedraC@SimpleOpulence recently posted..Brave Enough

Lizzy
    May 3, 2013 at 4:42 am

Beautiful! Well said. bless you heaps 🙂
    Lizzy recently posted..Everyday Bravery

Mia
    May 3, 2013 at 5:20 am

Dear Barbie
    I admire the way you cope with all your trials! You do not allow it to make you believe lies about your Father. That takes a lot of bravery!
    Much love
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Baba Black Sheep

Linda Stoll
    May 3, 2013 at 6:46 am

absolutely, Barbie! we can not do ‘brave’ well and with joy without Him.

thanks for this thought-filled piece …

Linda
    Linda Stoll recently posted..These Are the Brave Ones

denise
    May 3, 2013 at 6:56 am

Amen, love your heart.
    denise recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Brave

Becky Daye
    May 3, 2013 at 6:59 am

I so appreciate your honesty, Barbie! And what a gift we have been given to KNOW that without Him we can do nothing. I am so encouraged when I am reminded that I don’t have to be brave in my own strength!
    And on a side note- you ARE beautiful! I am always encouraged by your words and am thankful for your faithfulness of sharing your gift of writing. So be brave in Him, sweet sister!
    Becky Daye recently posted..Five Minute Friday~ Brave

Positively Alene
    May 3, 2013 at 7:30 am

Absolute truth beauty! Thanks for the inspiration this morning. So thankful for HIM and the bravery shots He gives us.
    Positively Alene recently posted..you make me want to be brave.

Amy P Boyd
    May 3, 2013 at 8:23 am

I am in tears right now. I am in the middle of stepping into a dream that has been in my heart for years. Into a dream fog of unknown. Your words touched me right where I needed. Thank you for being brave and sharing your heart.
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..It’s Not Easy Being Green {Five-Minute Friday}

Beth
    May 3, 2013 at 11:32 am

Your words touched my heart deeply.
    “To believe that I am beautiful.
    To believe that I have something to offer.”
    I spoke to a group of women last night on supporting our military and someone posted pictures of me speaking and at first glance I decided I looked horrible and I could have done better, but then I realized this was Satan. I took brave steps to stand up before this group and share what God has called me to do…share on supporting our military.
    With Him, I am beautiful. With Him, I have much to offer.
    Thank you for being brave and sharing your heart, Barbie!
    Beth recently posted..Never forget how brave they are.

~Karrilee~
    May 3, 2013 at 11:58 am

Oh so beautiful and full of Grace my friend… just like you! I love this… without Him…ah but WITH Him – I can be brave!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – “BRAVE “

Amy ~ Seasons Change
    May 3, 2013 at 12:29 pm

I hear ya! Yes, I want to be brave every minute of my life. I want to tell the flesh “no” and answer “yes” to His leading instead. I want to go beyond what I know and closer to Him. Doing that isn’t easy and can be scary. Oh, but how I want to be brave that way.
    Amy ~ Seasons Change recently posted..Brave

Sharon @ Hiking Toward Home
    May 3, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Amen and Amen. I can only be brave in Christ. Thank you for such and encouraging post!
    Sharon @ Hiking Toward Home recently posted..Brave {Five Minute Friday}

Missy
    May 3, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Barbie! I am nothing, do nothing, and have nothing apart from him – right alongside you. I can’t wait to see how He uses you as you step out in brave faith for your next adventure!
    Missy recently posted..How To Be Brave

Lisa @ four simply living
    May 3, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Be brave, be courageous… he has called you! love you my friend!
    Lisa @ four simply living recently posted..Stepping Brave

Teresa Parker
    May 3, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Its Ok to go for the scary dreams because the One who made them goes with you. Be brave.

Crystal
    May 3, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Beautiful post, friend. And that verse at the end? What hope we have, knowing we are never alone and don’t have to rely on ourselves to have courage, strength or bravery!
    Crystal recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Brave

Kirsten
    May 3, 2013 at 8:06 pm

“To step into the scary dreams that lay hidden in my heart.” Love that sentence. That is brave! I have dreams that are hidden in my heart…..that will have to happen in His timing and I have to trust that HE will fulfill the desires of my heart in the meantime. But stepping out in faith can be scary because when it’s God it usually isn’t attainable in our own strength. Loved your post. Beautiful blog. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Blessings to you!!

Joy
    May 3, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I absolutely love the title of your blog! Enjoyed your FMF post. With Him, we should all feel brave.
    Joy recently posted..Five-Minute Friday: Brave

Nikki
    May 3, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Yes, yes, yes…it’s all Him.

and you are, friend…I see Him shining through you.
    Bravery is a beautiful thing on you.

love you!
    Nikki recently posted..BRAVE {Finding the Promise to Endure} ~ Five Minute Friday

Dolly@Soulstops
    May 3, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Dear Barbie,
    I was so happy to see you at Jen’s place for inRL…and you are radiating His light when you point us to Him…Yes, nothing apart from Him…may God give you the courage to go forth with your dreams…hugs to you 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Brave