53 In My 5 Minute Fridays

You Are A Song! {Five Minute Friday}

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Song

That’s right, my friends. YOU are a song!  It doesn’t matter if you feel like you can’t sing.  It’s not about making a melody or harmony, with perfect pitch.  But it’s about allowing yourself to be the YOU that God created YOU to be.

No one else has what you got, sister friend!  You are a song, birthed in the heart of God.  He has given you a voice, beautiful to His ear, and one that resounds as a crescendo up to heaven, one that desires to be heard, to bring glory and honor to His name.

{Oh, I can hear you humming along now!}

Only YOU can sing the song that God put in YOU!  Open your mouth, dear one.  Open your heart, beloved one.  Open your soul and spirit and breathe in deep and allow that heavenly sound to arise.

He’s waiting for you to sing, my friend.  YOU are a song, created in the heart of God, to be sung for all the world to hear!

Five Minute Friday

Fiona
    May 16, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Just breathing this in……..words for the soul…….
    Thank you dear heart.
    Fiona recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Song

May 17, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Thank you for stopping by Fiona! I am off to read your post (If I haven’t already, can’t remember!) Have a lovely weekend.

May 17, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Ha! I did read it!!

Wendy
    May 16, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Open your soul and spirit and breathe in deep and allow that heavenly sound to arise. <—Love this more than words can possibly say friend. All of it so spoke to my heart today and I am ever so thankful that He used you to speak. Blessings and much love.
    Wendy recently posted..He Speaks To Me

May 17, 2013 at 10:19 pm

I am grateful to share my life and my song with you my sweet friend! Have a beautiful weekend.

Dolly@Soulstops
    May 16, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Just Wow…what a thought that I am a song created in the heart of God…Thank you so much, dear Barbie 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Song

May 17, 2013 at 10:20 pm

And you are one of the most beautiful songs that I know! Hugs!

Paula @ AKAJaneRandom
    May 16, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Yes, yes, yes! Love this. Open your mouth. That will be my prayer tomorrow.

May 17, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Thanks for stopping by Paula! Have a great weekend.

Rebecca
    May 16, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Beautiful!! Thanks for this amazing post!! “It doesn’t matter if you feel like you can’t sing. It’s not about making a melody or harmony, with perfect pitch. But it’s about allowing yourself to be the YOU that God created YOU to be.” <<<< that my friend is so true. I used to never want to sing in church. I thought to myself, "Someone is going to laugh at how horrible I sound," but Jesus came to my rescue and whispered to me, "Daughter you are singing to me and as long as you are singing to me from the heart. It doesn't matter how you sound." So, that gave me freedom. Now I shout and sing praises to the Lord;-)

May 17, 2013 at 10:23 pm

AMEN! I feel the same way every time I sing at church. I am not the best of the singers, but oh I know how to make a joyful noise for His ears alone! Blessings!

Elizabeth
    May 16, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I love this, Barbie. Good writing.
    Elizabeth recently posted..Friday’s Favs….Home Sweet Home

May 17, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Thank you my friend. Hope you have a beautiful and restful weekend.

Jennifer
    May 16, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Barbie…. Wow. This is just amazing and so needed now. Thank you. Thank you.

May 17, 2013 at 10:25 pm

I love you my friend! Have a lovely weekend.

Jennifer D.
    May 16, 2013 at 11:02 pm

What an uplifting post!
    Jennifer D. recently posted..The Gentle Power of A Song

May 17, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Thanks for visiting Jennifer!

Rachel @RedeemingHer
    May 17, 2013 at 12:40 am

a great boost, thanks for sharing!
    Rachel @RedeemingHer recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Sing over me.

May 17, 2013 at 10:26 pm

Have a great weekend Rachel!

Mia
    May 17, 2013 at 4:02 am

Dear Barbie friend
    Today my heart sings a woeful song from the deep darkness from my soul, but I know He hears the songs of the brokenhearted!
    Blessings
    Mia

May 17, 2013 at 10:27 pm

Oh Mia! I am praying, asking that you would sense His nearness today. He does hear the song of the brokenhearted. Keep singing, my friend. He hears you!

Jennifer @purplebuoy
    May 17, 2013 at 5:00 am

Only you can sing the song. So true, yet there are a lot of times I wish I could sing someone else’s song. I need to write my own music. Thank you for writing this and be blessed:)

May 17, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Oh I know about the desire to sing someone else’s song. Your post really got me thinking about the type of song I am singing and who’s hearing it. Blessings!

Jennifer
    May 17, 2013 at 5:54 am

This is completely beautiful. Love it:).

May 17, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Thank you Jennifer! Nice tweeting with you last night!

Amy ~ Seasons Change
    May 17, 2013 at 6:40 am

Oh, how I love this! I want to paint these words on my walls. Thank you for this beautiful reminder.
    Amy ~ Seasons Change recently posted..5 Minute Friday: Song

May 17, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Have a blessed weekend Amy!

Amy P Boyd
    May 17, 2013 at 7:24 am

I am printing this post out, putting it on my bathroom mirror as a reminder each morning. I struggle to remember that I am a song. A song of His love, forgiveness and acceptance. A song that is meant to be shared. Thank you for you on time reminder.

May 17, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Print away! I am thankful God uses these words to speak to your heart. Keep singing!

Jessica
    May 17, 2013 at 8:04 am

Thanks for the encouragement! stopping by from Five minute Friday!

Jessica
    Jessica recently posted..Five Minute Friday–Song

May 17, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Thanks for stopping in Jessica!

~Karrilee~
    May 17, 2013 at 8:47 am

Amen sister friend! Just so much Amen!!!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..” Song” – Five Minute Friday!

May 17, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Love you friend! Keep singing that song, loud and clear!

Nikki
    May 17, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Girl–how you moved from chocolate to this is beyond me 😉
    I hear His sonnet so clear through you, friend.
    Thank you for encouraging me to open up and let the song He has gifted me out…He’s worthy…
    Nikki recently posted..My LifeSONG ~ Five Minute Friday

May 17, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Yes, it took a few minutes. I had to detox too! 🙂 Praying you have a beautiful weekend. May you sing loud and clear for all the world to hear.

Jennifer peterson
    May 17, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Oh love, love this, thank you for these sweet words that encourage me.

May 17, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Love you friend!

Debi @ DebiStangeland.com
    May 17, 2013 at 1:33 pm

What a beautiful reminder. I so appreciate it. We all have a song. What a wonderful thing. Thank you!
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: SONG

May 17, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Thanks Debi! Praying you have a beautiful weekend.

Christen
    May 17, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Barbie,

You are such a cheerleader with this post today! Thank you for that encouraging message!!!!
    Christen recently posted..5 Ways Twins Can Change Your Life

May 17, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Thanks for visiting me today Christen. Have a lovely weekend.

Jenn
    May 17, 2013 at 4:52 pm

You know – we don’t think that way much, do we? Can you just imagine the voices of all of His children raised to Him? Wow. That’s something. Thanks, Jenn
    Jenn recently posted..By: Nicole Blean

May 17, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Thanks for stopping by Jenn! Have a lovely weekend!

Rachael
    May 17, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Singing the happy Friday song tonight! Looking forward to the weekend and your Weekend Brew post! That is always a blessing! Love, Rachael
    Rachael recently posted..May Wedding Thanksgiving

May 17, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Thanks so much Rachael! My Weekend Brew post should be up by midnight tonight 🙂

Melanie Wilson @theinspiredday
    May 17, 2013 at 6:50 pm

What a beautiful idea, Barbie. Thanks for sharing that!
    Melanie Wilson @theinspiredday recently posted..Don’t Let Anyone Tell You You Can’t

May 17, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Have a lovely weekend Melanie!

Missy
    May 17, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Well, now, Barbie! If there were a “love” button, I’d so click it. I just want to chew on those encouraging words all weekend long – I am a song birthed in God’s heart. Oh yes!
    Missy recently posted..Tuning In To His Song

May 17, 2013 at 10:40 pm

You so are, my friend. Don’t you ever forget that!

April
    May 17, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Barbie! So great to meet you last night on twitter 🙂 Your post today had me smiling like a goofball – my friends probably wonder what the heck I’m reading over here. This is a great message for everyone, especially bloggers. I know many of us who second guess our calling to write here, in a sea of so many Christian bloggers… we feel like we have nothing new to add to the conversation, nothing that someone couldn’t hear from someone else… but thank you so much for the reminder that we all are a song that needs to be heard. We all have something to contribute, something that only we can share. Thank you!!! Have a great weekend 🙂
    April recently posted..My Song – {Five Minute Friday}

May 17, 2013 at 10:42 pm

April, it was so nice to meet you too! I feel like that often, like I don’t have anything unique to add to the conversation. But we each, all of us, have a song to sing. If we don’t sing our song, no one will! Happy weekend!

Shannon
    May 18, 2013 at 3:48 am

Hi Barbie – it’s so nice to meet you! I really enjoy that you took the approach of writing this “to” us. It makes it very personal and very encouraging. Just like a good conversation across the cafe table with a friend. Have a blessed weekend!
    Shannon
    Shannon recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Song

charis
    May 18, 2013 at 8:08 am

this post made me think of the song “i love you Lord.” i like it. 🙂
    charis recently posted..what kind of song that will be!