49 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Fall

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Fall

The Road Less Traveled

Some days, life is just plain hard.  I often feel as if I am trudging through mud on a never ending, up hill climb. My legs grow weary, heavy and I feel as if I am about to fall.  The weight of what I carry, the burdens on my heart, the unanswered prayers, the groanings to deep for words, it can all be too much at times.

I have to remind myself that on those days, I am not alone.  Although the hill seems steep and the way long, He is with me.  And He comes in the midst of my hardship and scoops me up.  The Burden Bearer, the One who never sleeps nor slumbers, He will not let me fall, nor will He allow my foot to slip.  Instead, He will come and gather me up in His arms and cradle me, strengthening me with His Words of life, hope and peace, until I once again find the strength to walk again.

Are you walking a troddened path today, my friend?  Are you carrying burdens and feel as if you will stumble under the weight of it?  The Lord will not let you fall.  I am asking Him to pick you up today, and carry you until your legs once again find their strength.

He holds you firmly in place;
He will not let you fall.
He who keeps you will never take His eyes off you and never drift off to sleep.
What a relief! The One who watches over Israel
never leaves for rest or sleep.  (Psalm 121:3-4 The Voice)

Five Minute Friday

AJ Collins
    June 6, 2013 at 9:47 pm

🙂 Beautiful! I love the scripture, how encouraging!
    AJ Collins recently posted..If you fall – FMF

June 6, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Thank you AJ! Your post melted my heart today! So beautiful!

Rebekah
    June 6, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Beautiful encouragement. One of my favorite Psalms. And on a day that this was much needed. Thank you for the reminder that we are not alone – and that our Lord carries us on the days we feel as if we just can’t go on.
    Rebekah recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Fall

June 6, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Thank you Rebekah! I so enjoyed your poetry today!

April
    June 6, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Barbie, I love it 🙂 I have a post scheduled for next week about giving our burdens back to God when life piles them on. This reminded me of that – it’s a message He really laid on my heart this past week. Thank you so much for sharing it — we all can relate to this feeling! Happy Friday, dear friend!!!
    April recently posted..Five Minute Friday — Fall

June 6, 2013 at 11:59 pm

April, I can’t wait the read the post. It’s so important that we give our burdens back to Him. We were not made to carry them. Blessings!

Elizabeth
    June 6, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Thank you for the reminder that I am not alone on those hard days. I appreciate the verses from Psalms. I have a New Testament copy of The Voice. It may include Psalms, but I haven’t picked it up for awhile. Another reminder I thank you for!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Fall

Dolly@Soulstops
    June 6, 2013 at 10:39 pm

What a great verse; praying God continues to uplift you, my friend 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Fall

June 7, 2013 at 12:02 am

Blessings to you my friend!

Jennifer
    June 6, 2013 at 11:01 pm

This is beautiful! “The burden bearer.” Yes! That is exactly who He is. Love this!
    Jennifer recently posted..Which Way Will You fall?

June 7, 2013 at 12:02 am

He is the One strong enough to carry us, and our baggage, huh? Have a beautiful weekend!

Gina
    June 6, 2013 at 11:32 pm

good word friend! yes, yes and yes. I am tired and leaning into HIS strength today! beautiful fall picture makes me want to go on a walk with Jesus. 🙂

June 6, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Thanks Gina. Me too, leaning with you friend. The fall picture is beautiful, isn’t it? Thankful for Flickr!

Linda Stoll
    June 7, 2013 at 4:49 am

Barbie … you’ve captured those weary hours, the desperation, the hope, the faith in your words today …
    Linda Stoll recently posted..FREE donuts TODAY!

June 7, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Thank you so much Linda! I’m off to get a free donut! Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa notes
    June 7, 2013 at 5:46 am

I love that verse that He won’t allow our foot to slip. (I’m reading the gospels right now using The Voice translation and enjoying it.) Thanks for this today, Barbie.
    Lisa notes recently posted..Daybook – June 2013

June 7, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Thank you for stopping by Lisa! Have a beautiful weekend!

Mel
    June 7, 2013 at 6:10 am

I love that passage from the Psalms. When I taught 4th grade a few years ago, my students memorized that chapter…I love the promises it holds. Thank you for sharing, friend…happy weekend to you! 🙂
    Mel recently posted..Five-Minute Friday: Fall

June 7, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Blessings to your my friend!

Amy P Boyd
    June 7, 2013 at 6:38 am

What a comfort to know that He will never let us fall. Thank you for the beautiful reminder to just trust in Him.
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..On Her Knees {Five-Minute Friday}

June 7, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Thank you, Amy, for stopping by. Rest in His love this weekend and may it be a beautiful one!

Elizabeth@Transitional-Woman
    June 7, 2013 at 7:21 am

If the Lord didn’t carry us we would indeed be stuck in the mud, immobilized in our fear, exhaustion and desperation. Thank you for sharing such an encouraging image today.

June 7, 2013 at 2:07 pm

You’re most welcome! So thankful we don’t have to stay down in the mud. Blessings!

Lois @ Live Nourished
    June 7, 2013 at 7:29 am

Amen…
    So beautiful, and so true.
    And for me at the moment, so relevant.
    Thank you for sharing.
    God bless,
    Lois
    Lois @ Live Nourished recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Fall

June 7, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Have a beautiful weekend Lois. Thank you for stopping by!

Missy
    June 7, 2013 at 7:30 am

Gorgeous reminder to lean on Him to help us up or keep us from falling. Beautiful, Barbie!
    Missy recently posted..Falling All Over Myself

June 7, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Have a lovely weekend MIssy!

Positively Alene
    June 7, 2013 at 7:37 am

Once again my soul is breathing here today girl — your words “The Burden Bearer, the One who never sleeps nor slumbers, He will not let me fall, nor will He allow my foot to slip” are music to my soul. I’m so thankful to know God ALWAYS has me — day and night. Sweet blessings for you weekend.
    Positively Alene recently posted..for the days you fall.

June 7, 2013 at 2:09 pm

And I am blessed by you, continually, my sweet friend!

Kim
    June 7, 2013 at 8:52 am

What an encouragement! He will not let us fall! Great post!
    Kim recently posted..Fall

June 8, 2013 at 1:17 am

Thanks so much for stopping by Kim!

~Karrilee~
    June 7, 2013 at 9:00 am

As always – sheer beauty, draped in Grace, and dripping with Love! (Just like you!)
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Fall

June 8, 2013 at 1:17 am

Oh Karrilee, you are so sweet! Thank you for your visit and continued support and encouragement. I value your friendship!

Cindi Summerlin
    June 7, 2013 at 10:04 am

Yes yes yes yes! This is beautiful and the reminder that I needed today to help me walk up that hill as well. Thank you!
    Cindi Summerlin recently posted..5 minutes: fall

June 8, 2013 at 1:18 am

Thanks for stopping by Cindi. Thankful you were blessed!

Traci Michele
    June 7, 2013 at 10:30 am

amen friend! loved this! visiting from FMF!

Love, Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

June 8, 2013 at 1:21 am

Love seeing your face here Traci! Have a blessed weekend.

Ashley
    June 7, 2013 at 10:59 am

Barbie, your blog and your writing touch my heart, just where it needs for encouragement. What a beautiful “fall”!!! Have a lovely weekend!
    Ashley recently posted..5 Minute Friday~ Fall

June 8, 2013 at 1:24 am

Thank you Ashley! I so appreciate your visits!

Mia
    June 7, 2013 at 11:23 am

Dear sweet Barbie
    Yes, dear friend, just living in this broken, dark world is difficult! When those times come when we feel we cannot take one more step on this journey of life, He scoops us in His Loving Embrace and carries us.
    Much love XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..A Falling Star

June 8, 2013 at 1:24 am

AMEN! Have a lovely weekend!

Jennifer
    June 7, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Oh, Barbie, how you encourage my heart! Thank you, sweet sister! xo
    Jennifer recently posted..Don’t be afraid to fall

June 8, 2013 at 1:24 am

Love you girl! I need to get over for a visit, and a hug!

Beth
    June 7, 2013 at 1:08 pm

As always, wonderful encouragement. This thought touched me most…”He will come and gather me up in His arms and cradle me.” I love those moments in His arms. Such amazing comfort.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Barbie.
    Blessings, Beth
    Beth recently posted..He will not let me fall

Leigh
    June 7, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Sweet Barbie…you make me smile. What beautiful words of honesty and realness. I am inspired by your bareness and am so thankful I came by today. Thank you for your visit, as your words lifted me today. May we be that for each other. As sisters in this glorious Body. May we implore one another towards a fearless faith in His cradled arms. Thank you sister!
    Leigh recently posted..Noticing Decent

Rebecca
    June 7, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Beautiful!
    Rebecca recently posted..5 minute Friday: Fall

Lucy
    June 7, 2013 at 9:33 pm

I read your post after I wrote mine and marveling at how similar they are. It is amazing how we don’t have to climb alone, isn’t it?! Thank you for your words.

Jenn @ Home is Where
    June 9, 2013 at 2:26 am

Beautiful! I’ve always loved the symbolism of Song of Songs related to our Christian walk, it’s so encouraging. Love, love the photo!
    Jenn @ Home is Where recently posted..7 Quick Takes -Homeschool Prom edition

Kim | Making 40 Fantastic
    June 9, 2013 at 4:32 am

Hi Barbie! Good to connect with you here. I’m back online and was anxious to come to your blog to see how you are doing. This is a great post…. as I’ve certainly found myself “falling” in several areas of my life ~~>> over and over again. But I guess what’s most important is picking ourselves back up. 🙂 Looking forward to being online and reading your posts regularly.
    Kim | Making 40 Fantastic recently posted..Weight Watchers ~ Day 4