54 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: In-Between

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

In-Between

Where am I really going, for I live this life neither here nor there.  Not yet fully arriving at the destination I so desperately long for.  I wait with anticipation to be taken to the next place on this journey, yet I often feel stuck, unable to move, unable to see beyond this life lived in the in-between.  I am here, yet I long to be there, and somewhere in-between He comes and whispers to my heart, “Wait, just a little while longer, and I will move you”.

I get impatient for the promise of tomorrow, for hope realized, for healing made manifest, for dreams yet unfulfilled.  It’s hard living in this moment of in-between, when my heart yearns for tomorrow, yet longing to be fully present today.  My reality is a mixture of here and nows, of if’s and then’s, of “But God’s” and I continually live in-between moments of hardship and being held in the grip of His grace.  And there, in-between the darkness of night and when the daylight comes, He washes over me waves of refreshing and gives me strength in the place of always somewhere but never really going anywhere.

For in-between the reality of today and the hope for tomorrow lies a promise that He remains with me.  And that is enough.  In between what is and what may be, He is enough for me.

*I was excited about this word, and then I started writing and it was hard and I wanted to press delete and call it a night.  But I decided to give you my humble offerings and pray it will bless you.

Five Minute Friday

Jolene
    June 27, 2013 at 11:24 pm

It has blessed me. Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us. God’s grace is sufficient even in the in between. Thank you for the reminder. Stopping over from Five Minute Friday.

June 30, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Thanks for stopping by Jolene!

richelle @ "our wright"-ing pad
    June 27, 2013 at 11:26 pm

a beautiful write today. so glad i linked up right behind you and had the opportunity to be challenged personally by your thoughts.

have you ever heard the amy grant song, the now and the not yet? that’s what your post made me think of.

blessings – have a wonderful weekend!
    richelle @ “our wright”-ing pad recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ In between

June 30, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Thank you Richelle! I will have to look up the Amy Grant song you mentioned. Blessings!

Elizabeth
    June 27, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I just want to say, you are pretty, darn amazing. This is honest, real, beautiful.
    Elizabeth recently posted..Friday’s Favs…backyard blossoms and summer to-do lists

June 30, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Thank you Elizabeth. Have a beautiful week!

April
    June 27, 2013 at 11:49 pm

in this life in-between, “He truly is enough for me” … but i am looking forward to that tomorrow with HIM forever … thank you for heartfelt randomness that spells reality 🙂

April

June 30, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Yes! I too look forward to that day!

Lizzy
    June 28, 2013 at 12:24 am

‘For in-between the reality of today and the hope for tomorrow lies a promise that He remains with me. And that is enough. In between what is and what may be, He is enough for me.’ – this, just this. Thank you for not deleting and sharing anyway. Bless you heaps.
    Lizzy recently posted..Sandwiched

June 30, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Thank you Lizzy!

Rebekah@weliveinspired
    June 28, 2013 at 1:32 am

I loved how you ended this. I think most of us can relate at sometime or another to this feeling. I know I have been there! There are miracles all around in the middle of the in between too though. Thanks for sharing your beautiful words.
    Rebekah@weliveinspired recently posted..In Between Miracles-Poetry in Five

June 30, 2013 at 9:46 pm

So true! I just need to slow down in the in-between to see the miracles! Have a blessed week.

Linda Stoll
    June 28, 2013 at 3:56 am

I love the way He whispers in the midst of it all, Barbie … the gentle, sweet, persistent sound of His voice calling, His peace, His hope … if and when we’re still enough, we will hear Him.
    Linda Stoll recently posted..When We’re Not Quite Sure Anymore

June 30, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Thank you Linda!

LyndsD
    June 28, 2013 at 4:55 am

Oh Barbie, I am so glad you did not press delete. Such beautiful words that hit straight to my heart! Such truth you typed on those keys of yours. (And I too was super excited for the word. I went to bed without typing right away and this morning nothing came like last night. Ha. Oh well.) Have a terrific Friday, Barbie.

June 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Thanks my friend!

Jennifer
    June 28, 2013 at 4:55 am

This is beautiful, Barbie. A transparent heart is the best to read and identify. Lovely:).

June 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Thank you so much Jennifer!

Jennifer peterson
    June 28, 2013 at 5:06 am

So glad you didn’t delete!! Beautiful!! Love your heart we can all relate to this and you ended it on such encouragement for our hearts.

June 30, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Blessings on your week my friend! Hugs!

Mary
    June 28, 2013 at 5:56 am

Oh, Barbie…the entire post is beautiful and lovely and I can feel your heart! I love this line: “washes over me waves of refreshing” yes! Sweet friend, I am praying for you this morning.
    Mary recently posted..5 minute Friday: The space in the middle…

June 30, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Thank you Mary! I appreciate you!

Tina
    June 28, 2013 at 6:26 am

That is really, really beautiful. And beautifully written. Thank you.
    May you be magnificently blessed today!
    Tina @ Mommynificent
    Tina recently posted..Five Minute Friday: In Between

June 30, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Thank you for stopping by Tina! Blessings!

April
    June 28, 2013 at 6:33 am

Barbie, this post…. I’m so thankful you didn’t delete it. I know how you feel. I wish we could just sit together, over a cup of coffee — chat, laugh, and encourage each other face to face. I know this feeling of unfulfilled dreams, of impatience while waiting for His blessings…. It’s amazing to me how we can experience His blessings, feel Him working in our lives, and turn right around and forget those so easily and lose sight of Him. Hold onto Him and His promises. Love you, friend — some day we will share that coffee and fellowship in person 🙂
    April recently posted..Five Minute Friday – In Between

June 30, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Oh and what a glorious day that will be my friend! Have a beautiful week!

Debbie
    June 28, 2013 at 7:17 am

Barbie, we are on the same page this week. God is indeed with us in the in-between. How amazing is that? It changes our perspective.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ In Between

June 30, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Loved your post Debbie! Have a blessed week.

Jen Stults
    June 28, 2013 at 7:25 am

“I get impatient for the promise of tomorrow….” Oh, I’ve been there before! As much as I chide my children to be patient, in reality, I struggle with it myself. 🙂 I’m thankful for His promises.
    Jen Stults recently posted..Into the In Between

June 30, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Patience is something I will be working on until the day I go to my eternal home! Have a blessed week.

Mia
    June 28, 2013 at 7:32 am

Dear Barbie
    What a wonderful humble offering it is! I can see that you know the secret of finding our Lord Jesus there is the in between moments.
    Hugs XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Twelve Pearls

June 30, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Oh thank you Mia! I strive to meet Him in that place, every day. Blessings!

~Karrilee~
    June 28, 2013 at 7:58 am

And oh how it does… bless me that is! I so get this – I am so living this… and you let it pour right out in transparent beauty! Love this… and love that we are in the in betweens together, sweet friend!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday & Friendly Get Aways

June 30, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I can think of no more beautiful a soul to share my in betweens with than you my friend!

Debi @ DebiStangeland.com
    June 28, 2013 at 8:14 am

You’ve weaved a wonderful tapestry of words and ideas here today my friend. Lovely. I hope you know how much I appreciate your heart. Thank you for pressing on and writing this. It’s beautiful.
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: IN BETWEEN

June 30, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Thank you so much Debi!

Tanya @ TypicalTanya.com
    June 28, 2013 at 10:44 am

How wonderful and beautiful this is. I especially love that whisper to your heart. It really says it all, doesn’t it? I knew I’d be blessed stopping by your blog today from FMF. Glad I did. Blessings! 🙂
    Tanya @ TypicalTanya.com recently posted..The middle child blues

June 30, 2013 at 10:05 pm

I am thankful you stopped by Tanya! Have a blessed week.

Rosann
    June 28, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Barbie, I really loved reading this and totally hear your heart’s cry. Sending you a hug, dear friend. Keep writing as God gives you words. You are blessing so many – myself included.
    Rosann recently posted..Attention ChristianSuperMom Subscribers: There’s a Change Brewing, and I Have a Special Gift for You!

June 30, 2013 at 10:07 pm

Thank you Rosann!

Darlene Collazo @ {In Pursuit}
    June 28, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Barbie, I resonate with your words. Perhaps the point of the In Between is the learning that He is enough. That way, when we reach that destination and find that it’s still not enough, we can delight ourselves with the God who’s more than enough… until that day when all our longings are fulfilled in paradise. Thank you for not hitting the delete button 😉

June 30, 2013 at 10:08 pm

So beautifully said! Thank you for blessing me with your comment Darlene!

Jenn
    June 28, 2013 at 4:17 pm

You know, I wanted to hit delete and forget it too. Your post came out much better than mine! I enjoyed reading it b/c it echoed what I think and feel sometimes. (Often). I think about Abraham and Sarah … waiting in the in-between with promise. Where we are now, I wonder what Abraham says now. Wow. But in the in between, we do learn that God’s Grace is Sufficient. Oh, but it’s sometimes so difficult to get that. I’m glad He is faithful! Amen!
    Jenn recently posted..Five Minute Friday: In Between

June 30, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Thank you Jenn! I thought your post was beautiful!

Amy P Boyd
    June 28, 2013 at 8:54 pm

We gain so much peace during the in between when we realize that He is enough. Sometimes I forget to look to Him to be my bridge to move through the in betweens. Thank you for the sweet reminder.
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..It Is Okay to Be a Martha {Five Minute Friday}

June 30, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Oh I like that..He is the bridge to move through the in betweens! Have a blessed week.

Mel
    June 29, 2013 at 5:27 am

I’m so blessed by your words, friend…what a beautiful reminder that He is always enough, especially in the in between times. Thank you for not pushing the delete button. 🙂 Blessings, friend!
    Mel recently posted..Five-Minute Friday: In Between

June 30, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Thank you Mel! Have a lovely week!

Faith @ Artistic31Mama
    June 29, 2013 at 8:38 am

So glad that you didn’t hit “delete.” A wonderful post and there is so much truth in your words. 🙂 Thank you for sharing your heart with us. 🙂
    Faith @ Artistic31Mama recently posted..Five Minute Friday: In Between – A Journey To Healing

June 30, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Thank you Faith for stopping by!

Amanda MacB
    June 30, 2013 at 12:41 pm

“I continually live in-between moments of hardship and being held in the grip of His grace.” And that IS enough in this in between. Beautiful reminders here.
    Amanda MacB recently posted..subject to change (some thoughts on labels)

June 30, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Thank you Amanda! I appreciate your visit!

Cassandra
    July 1, 2013 at 9:07 am

“It’s hard living in this moment of in-between, when my heart yearns for tomorrow, yet longing to be fully present today.” Loved this section. All of it really resonated with me and blessed my heart that I’m not the only one who experiences the in-between like this! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog post. God bless you!~Cassandra

Beth
    July 1, 2013 at 7:29 pm

“For in-between the reality of today and the hope for tomorrow lies a promise that He remains with me.” Your words always bless me. Holding tightly to this truth that He remains with me in every moment. Much love.
    Beth recently posted..For your Sunday