Leaning Into the Rhythm of His Grace

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Rhythm

My steps have been hard pressed of late.  I’ve grown weary, caving underneath the weight of my “to do” list.  I never seem to get caught up, and I find myself twirling about in circles, never really accomplishing much.  I’ve found myself drawing away, shrinking back, unable to move at times, immobile, but for the sound of His voice that continually moves my heart towards Him.

Weary, I crawl to the foot of the cross.

“Oh Father, would you take this heavy burden from me?”

And I lay it down, willingly, surrendering my life and all of the little, intricate, mundane, messy details back into His capable hands.

“I need rest Father.  I need you to come and refresh me, to wash me with the water of Your Word.  Lead me beside the still waters once again, Lord.”

And He comes, again and again. This Burden Bearer who is showing Himself to me over and over again, He lightens my Load.  He washes me clean and makes me whole.  Almost too weary to stand, I lean.  I can hear His heart beat now, as music to my ears, as I begin to sway to the rhythm of His grace.

“Oh Father, teach me this grace.  This unforced grace which You offer so freely.  I want to know this grace, which reminds me that when I feel weak, You are strong in me.  This grace that reminds me that I do not have to prove myself, for I already have Your approval.  This grace that reminds me that I am enough, because You love me and Your love is enough.”

This grace is offered freely to You today as well, my friend.  Will you take the hand of the Master Choreographer and allow Him to carry You away as you lean into the rhythm of His grace?

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”  (Matthew 11:28-29 – The Message)

Five Minute Friday

1. Joy says:

I totally understand what you mean. I am buried beneath the weight of my to do-list, too. Beautiful post!
    Joy recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Rhythm

2. Linda Stoll says:

The ‘Master Choreographer.’ This I LOVE! Him I adore …
    Linda Stoll recently posted..300 Seconds of Writer’s Block

3. Ceil says:

Hi Barbie! Your image of the twirling circles is so descriptive! and I never thought of God’s grace as an actual rhythm too.

Your post gave me a lot to think about, isn’t it amazing how we all see ‘rhythm’ in differing, beautiful ways??

Enjoy your Friday! Nice to meet you on FMF 🙂

Peace in Christ,
    Ceil

4. Missy says:

Swaying to the rhythm of His grace right next to you, friend. Thank you for reminding us that God is always ready and able to carry our weariness. Beautiful, Barbie.
    Missy recently posted..Rhythm Sticks

5. Lisa notes says:

“the rhythm of grace” – beautiful!
    Love how the Message puts Jesus’s words on rest. Thanks for sharing this, Barbie. I understand the struggle of the never-ending to-do list. Going to try to view it differently today and find the rhythm of grace instead.
    Lisa notes recently posted..Worship in rhythm

6. Grateful He comes again and again! Good reminder. Be blessed:)

7. Lori Harris says:

Love seeing your face in the link up! I also love the way you referred to Jesus as the Burden Bearer- He absolutely is, I’ve just never called Him that. Thank you for giving me a new name for Jesus this morning. You write beautifully!
    Lori Harris recently posted..Rhythm {Five Minute Friday}

• Barbie says:

Jesus has been revealing Himself to me as the Burden Bearer more and more. You see, I am one who will lay it down, only to pick it all up again. I need that constant reminder that He does not call me to carry what is too heavy. Thanks for stopping by!

8. April says:

I love seeing all of us sisters dancing to his rhythm of grace together. You are not alone at the foot of that cross! We are all right there beside you!!! His love and grace are amazing, aren’t they? Hugs to you friend… praying that the to-do lists and the obligations become lighter soon!
    April recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Rhythm

• Barbie says:

I am so thankful for this community, all of us in rhythm together, at the foot of the cross. Have a blessed weekend.

9. Debbie says:

The rhythm of His grace. How amazing is that? It can be all too easy to allow our flesh to begin ‘to do’ things we think we need to do. But when we rest in Him, He works in us and through us. I love when I see that happen and I begin to rest in Him. Wonderful FMF post Barbie!

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Rhythm

10. Beautiful, Barbie. Just beautiful…
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Rhythm and Rest (5 Minute Friday-Rhythm)

11. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    I have found that when I step ahead or fall behind the rhythm of our Pappa’s grace, I become tired, unhappy and totally worn out. Let us step to the rhythm of the dance of His love.
    Much love XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Rain Dance

12. Good morning, Barbie.
    I appreciated this so much because it resonated with what I shared. Only my experience wasn’t my own, but of watching little ones take their burdens to the cross. Oh the wonderful cross! He bids all to come and die there that they might truly live! What a place of reconciliation. Thanks for these words and this message.
    Visiting from Lisa-Jo’s place 🙂 Your space is so warm and welcoming.

13. Hoping you continue to find joy and delight in the dance.
    Nancy @ Pilgrim Wanderings recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Rhythm

14. ~Karrilee~ says:

I so love you friend! And that scripture – in The Message… the unforced rhythms of grace? OH YES PLEASE!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Rhythm

15. Jessica says:

Beautiful post Barbie. Thank you for sharing and thank you for the encouragement!
    Jessica recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Rhythm

16. I can definitely relate to this lately. I love how you incorporated the word Rhythm into this post. 🙂 It’s so true that when we feel overwhelmed and burned we can run to Him and give those burdens over at the foot of the cross. He can handle them when we can’t. 🙂 Thanks for sharing!
    Faith @ Artistic31Mama recently posted..Everyone Has Their Own Worship Rhythm

17. Mel says:

I’m so thankful that He’s the One Who writes the rhythm of Grace. Beautiful post, friend…thank you! 🙂
    Mel recently posted..Five-Minute Friday: Rhythm

18. Beth says:

Barbie, Wow! Beautiful. “Lean into the rhythm of His grace.” Such beauty in every word your wrote.
    Beth recently posted..A new rhythm.

19. “grace that reminds me that I do not have to prove myself, for I already have Your approval.” Amen! I needed this reminder!! Thank you! “Will you take the hand of the Master Choreographer and allow Him to carry You away as you lean into the rhythm of His grace?” YES! YES! YES! Blessed by your post!!
    Eva @ Snappee Turtle recently posted..F is For Friday

20. Rebekah says:

Leaning into the rhythm of grace – that just speaks to my heart. And what a call to surrender – in such a gentle, beautiful way. You encourage me every time I read your posts. I hope you and your daughter are having a blessed weekend – praying for you friend!
    Rebekah recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Rhythm

• Barbie says:

Thank you so much Rebekah for your encouragement, and your prayers. We’ve had a great day today. DD is sleeping now so I am sneaking in a little blog hopping! 🙂

21. Feels like we were on the same page today sister! This is really lovely. What an honest look and a comforting thought – the rhythm of grace!
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: RHYTHM

22. Your words today Barbie, have blessed so many! Just a beautiful post! You may be worn, but what amazes me, you keep going “in a grace” that only God can take you! Thankyou for sharing your heart!
    Helen Tisdale recently posted..GOT MY “WANT TO!”

23. Jamie says:

Ah, like water to my parched soul, this post. Yes, I, too, have been buried under the to-do list, trying to remember how it is to just slow down and breathe.

Thank you, sweet Barbie, for your words…

24. Carrie says:

I love this you wrote, “This grace that reminds me that I do not have to prove myself, for I already have Your approval.” Oh, how much I want to learn this! It is clearly a human flaw to constantly seek approval whether from family, friends or from our Lord. One day I pray I’ll feel “good enough”. When I do, I’ll shout it from the highest mountain I can find! Blessings to you and praying you get the rest you need.
    Carrie recently posted..Who Fortifies You?

25. Stephani says:

Sweet Barbie, thanks for this window into your heart. Been there . . . needing the burden bearer. So glad for the encouragement in his Word for those who are weary and heaven laden. He knows what we need.
    Stephani recently posted..Saw It – Had To Share It!

• Barbie says:

Me too Stephanie! So thankful He was made to bear our burdens. I can’t imagine the weight of everyone’s burdens on His shoulders.

26. Jacqui says:

So beautifully written, Barbie! What a wonderful Burden Bearer we have. Stepping into the rhythm of His grace with you, friend!

27. oh yes, we all get weary- you paint a beautiful picture (or should that be strike a great beat?) 🙂
    kelli- AdventurezInChildRearing recently posted..Rhythm – Once upon a summer in Southwest Florida