31 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Faithful Father

As Father’s day approaches, I want to encourage you that your Father in heaven loves you so much.  I’m not sure what kind of an earthly father you’ve had, but your heavenly Father is perfect, gentle, loving and kind.  I want to share with you today this acrostic I put together, as a reminder of His love for you!

F – Faithful

For great is your love, higher than the heavens;
    your faithfulness reaches to the skies.  (Psalm 108:4)

A – Abundantly Available

God is our refuge and strength,
    an ever-present help in trouble.  (Psalm 46:1)

T – Trustworthy

I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”  (Psalm 91:2)

H – Helper

We wait in hope for the Lord;
    he is our help and our shield.  (Psalm 33:20)

E – Encouraging

You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted;
    you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,  (Psalm 10:17)

R – Restoring

He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake. (Psalm 23:3)

May you rest securely in the arms of your loving and faithful Father in heaven this Father’s Day.

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages. (Please only link one post. Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Joanne Viola
    June 15, 2013 at 2:28 am

Thank you for this reminder of our Father. This is beautiful to share with others that have that hole in their lives of an earthly dad. And I will surely be sharing the link. Have a blessed weekend~ ~ Joanne
    Joanne Viola recently posted..The Random Five 6/15/13

June 15, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Thank you Joanne for stopping by. And please do share! Blessings!

Mia
    June 15, 2013 at 4:02 am

Dear Barbie
    I feel so sorry for the people who have only sad and unloving experiences and thoughts about their earthly father! It is hard for them to understand our Pappa’s love, but not hard for Him to overwhelm them with His goodness when they want to believe! Even faith is a gift from Him.
    Much love XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Itching Ears

June 15, 2013 at 8:43 pm

AMEN my friend! Nothing is a strong as our heavenly Father’s love.

Beth @ My Destiny
    June 15, 2013 at 4:40 am

Amen! He is SUCH a Faithful Father! We are so blessed to have Him. I am amazed that our God – who created everything that IS – knows us intimately. Amazing!!!

I am finally here to visit and link up. Forgive me for being away for so long!

Love and hugs!
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..He knows you!

June 15, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Oh friend, no apologies necessary! So nice to see your smiling face. Looking forward to reading your post!

Carrie
    June 15, 2013 at 7:12 am

Thank you for this, Barbie. I have no recollection of my father and mostly fearful memories of my step-father – so – Father’s Day must be transformed into something beyond here. Your acrostic reminds me of the One True Father who has always been with me! Blessings!
    Carrie recently posted..When My Heart Grieves

June 15, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Carrie, He is a good Father and loves you so much. Praying you sense His nearness!

Rebecca
    June 15, 2013 at 7:55 am

Amen!! This post touched my heart. Although my earthly Father has passed on. I find peace and joy knowing I have my heavenly father who is there with me and he is faithful! Thank you for this beautiful post!!
    Rebecca recently posted..Fab Five Friday

June 15, 2013 at 8:45 pm

You’re so welcome Rebecca. Thank you for stopping by!

Jennifer peterson
    June 15, 2013 at 8:21 am

Beautiful Barbie!!

June 15, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Thank you friend!

~Karrilee~
    June 15, 2013 at 9:09 am

I love this! So full of truth – and Love… and perfect for Father’s Day Wknd!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Listen – Five Minute Friday

June 15, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Praying you have a blessed day tomorrow my friend!

Melanie Wilson @theinspiredday
    June 15, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Beautiful, Barbie. Thanks for the reminder.
    Melanie Wilson @theinspiredday recently posted..Family is Forever

June 15, 2013 at 8:47 pm

You’re welcome Melanie!

Hazel Moon
    June 15, 2013 at 5:51 pm

My father was a hard working man. He often did a double shift to suipply our family with needs and so my mother could be a stay at home mom. Mom worked hard too, in the garden, cooking, sewing and teaching us to love God. Dad in his later years attended church faithfully and was a good example to us. He taught me to drive a car, and made sure i did not date until I was age 16. We could go as a group roller skating, swimming, but not one on one dates. It satisfied me and dad too felt it was good. Today I tell a story about my “farmer” dad and when our children were small.
    Hazel Moon recently posted..Pigeon Pie

June 15, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Hazel, thank you so much for sharing about your father. He sounds like a wonderful man. I am looking forward to reading your post.

Lyli @ 3dLessons4Life
    June 15, 2013 at 6:46 pm

This is lovely! i am so thankful to be His daughter. 🙂
    Lyli @ 3dLessons4Life recently posted..On Display

June 15, 2013 at 8:49 pm

You are His delight! Have a blessed day tomorrow.

~ linda
    June 15, 2013 at 6:48 pm

How blessed we are to be a child of God! Thank you, Barbie, for placing the Scripture alongside the character of God, our Father. May we sit at His feet, on His knee, in His lap and always know that we are loved. I am still learning.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda
    ~ linda recently posted..Evidence of Focus

June 15, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Thank you Linda! Praying you have a blessed day tomorrow.

Laurie Collett
    June 15, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I love this, Barbie! Praise God that He is the perfect Father! Happy Father’s Day to you & your family & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Four Dresses

June 15, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Thanks for stopping by Laurie. Have a blessed day tomorrow!

Lani
    June 15, 2013 at 10:31 pm

What lovely, soothing words Barbie, I’m glad I dropped by today, it’s been a long day and those were words I needed to hear!
    Lani recently posted..FMF: {Listen to the Music}

Denise
    June 16, 2013 at 3:48 am

I love acrostics, and yours is a delightful reminder of the love and abundant grace of our Heavenly Father! This is awesome Barbie, and I love the verses that accompany each letter and description!

Blessings and love,
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Give a Little Kindness

Beth
    June 16, 2013 at 4:18 am

Beautiful, Barbie! I will be holding on to this as this is something to be reminded of every day.
    Blessings,
    Beth
    Beth recently posted..For your Sunday

Marty
    June 16, 2013 at 5:28 am

I enjoyed your poem…simple powerful truth!
    Marty recently posted..I Know The Plans

Pam
    June 16, 2013 at 9:40 am

Love, Love this photo! And all those beauteous promises of our Father who loves us beyond our belief and understanding… 🙂 Thank you for this beautiful post, Barbie! Have a great FUN Monday!
    Pam recently posted..The Heart of Our Father: I rise on You today!

Judith at WholeHearted Home
    June 16, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful post on Father’s Day. Thanks also for hosting the linkup.
    Judith at WholeHearted Home recently posted..Making a Grocery List: Baby Steps

Stephanie Hanes
    June 17, 2013 at 5:09 am

I love this! What a beautiful way to remember all that He is as our Father!
    Stephanie Hanes recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Listen