The Weekend Brew: Passion, Purity & Prayer

Moody Greys

(photo credit)

Let your eyes look directly forward,
and your gaze be straight before you.
Ponder the path of your feet;
then all your ways will be sure.
Do not swerve to the right or to the left;
turn your foot away from evil.
(Proverbs 4:25-27)

This weekend I have the privilege of taking my youngest daughter, who will be 13 next Thursday, on her Passport to Purity weekend.  (She’s asleep now, as I sneak in this quick post!)  I am passionate about my girls’ being brought up in an environment that champions their purity.  It’s so easy for our young ones to give in to the pressures of the world’s standards.  I’ve bathed this weekend in prayer and we are experiencing a great heart connect.

If you are raising daughters, or sons, I would highly encourage looking into a Passport to Purity weekend before they become teens. I did this with my oldest daughter, who is now 22 and married.  She made a covenant not to date before she was ready to pursue marriage, and is now married to the only man she ever dated.  I am a testimony that a young person can indeed save their purity as a gift for their spouse!

My passion is my children.  Their purity is of the utmost importance, especially to God. Through prayer and surrender, you can experience a joyous season of raising teens.  I am living to tell about it!

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages. (Please only link one post. Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

1. Mia says:

Dear sweet Barbie
    I am delighted to hear of this special time for you and your daughter! I am praying for you that our Pappa will bless you abundantly and touch her especially!
    Much love XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Seven Dwarfs

• Barbie says:

Thank you Mia! It was a special time. She’s not a talker, but we did have a small heart connect. I pray God will continue to expand our relationship.

2. Joanne Viola says:

Barbie:
    It is overwhelming when we can raise our children & get the to the point of marriage in purity. Our oldest, a daughter, married nine years ago & we will be watching our son get married next Saturday. Both in purity & only by God’s grace. May God bless you & your daughter this weekend in ways beyond your expectations.
    Blessings,
    Joanne
    Joanne Viola recently posted..The Random Five – 6/22/13

• Barbie says:

Joanne, congratulations on your daughter’s upcoming wedding next weekend. It’s so great to hear from other moms who have raised children in purity. Blessings!

3. Praying for you- you are an inspiration.
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..ICAD Update

4. Beth says:

Wishing you and your daughter a blessed weekend. You are an inspiration, Barbie. I will be praying for you.
    Beth recently posted..A new rhythm.

• Barbie says:

Thank you for your prayers Beth! We had a wonderful time. We laughed and just enjoyed being together. It’s nice to have the “talk” behind us and now it’s just a matter of continuing to guide her to walk it out and make her own convictions in her heart.

5. That is awesome Barbie! I pray you have wonderful time with your youngest daughter!

Love,
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..It is MINE too!

6. Melissa B says:

You are a inspiration!
    Such a wonderful post.
    Melissa B recently posted..E-Reader or “Real book” Question

7. Rachael says:

Barbie, I have Passport to Purity from Amazon bookmarked and would like to do that soon with my own 12 year old. I am very excited and am praying about when a good time to go is. Have a great rest of your weekend! Love, Rachael
    Rachael recently posted..Valentines and Jehoshaphat

• Barbie says:

Yay! You will love it. Make sure you order the curriculum at least two weeks before you want to go, so you can read through it and prepare the object lessons. If I can answer any questions for you, don’t hesitate to ask!

8. ~ linda says:

Amen! Even though I am childless, I have worked with teens and taught a class (along with other women) at church to these precious young women. It was a day of encouragement and learning to trust in the only One Who they can truly depend upon to walk with them through all that pressure you mention. I am in prayer for this weekend you and your daughter are in right now.
    Praise be to God as He rains His blessings upon each and all.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda
    ~ linda recently posted..Psalm 23

• Barbie says:

Thank you so much Linda! We had an amazing weekend and I believe her heat is more open to me now. Blessings!

9. How blessed your beautiful daughter is to have a mom who loves her so deeply and would sacrifice for this incredible opportunity to teach and mold and preserve. May God’s favor rest on you this weekend. And may your daughter desire HIM more than anything, seeking to live a holy life, pleasing to her Lord.
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Pizza on the Grill & Salad = Pizz’alad! :: The Week at a Glance 6/22

• Barbie says:

Thank you Diane! We had a great time together and my continued prayer is that God would give her the strength and conviction to walk it out on her own. Blessings!

10. Marty says:

What a beautifully stunning image! I love the idea, and I am living testimony as well, that one can enjoy their teenagers 🙂 God is gracious, indeed!
    Marty recently posted..The Greatest of These

• Barbie says:

Thank you Marty! My best friend is an amazing photographer and allows me to use her photos on my blog. And AMEN! Teenagers really are awesome! Love those years.

11. Prayed for you and your sweet girl this morning, Barbie. It’s so important to have these conversations, and to have them early. You are one wise momma.
    Lyli@ 3-D Lessons for Life recently posted..Forever

12. Denise says:

Much love and prayers for you and your daughter this weekend Barbie; what a wonderful opportunity and blessing for you both!

Blessings and hugs to you both,
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Debt of Love

13. I own this and need to encourage my husband to use it with my 13yo son. Thanks for the reminder!
    Melanie Wilson @theinspiredday recently posted..You Don’t Have to Live There Anymore

• Barbie says:

AMEN! I told my husband he has about two years and then he’ll be off with my son. Praying that the Lord will give him the passion and desire for it as well.

14. What a beautiful photo, and even more beautiful sentiment. Thanks for the great post & for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Water and Oil: Judgment and Deliverance (Part 1: Water)

15. Carrie says:

Thank you so much for the P2P link, Barbie. My oldest turns 13 in the fall. My mind is full and a bit panicky how to handle the little years I have left with her! So much to teach and disciple. It is an encouragement to hear from a mom who has led her daughter onto the straight path!
    Carrie recently posted..Who Fortifies You?

• Barbie says:

Oh Carrie, these can truly be amazing years. You plant the seeds, water them, have the “talks” and continually guide them. God will do the work. He is faithful. I love the teenage years. Sometimes I don’t like the attitudes, but teens are amazing!

16. Elizabeth says:

You’re a great mama, friend.
    Elizabeth recently posted..A little getaway gratitude…

17. Thank you, Barbie, for hosting the Weekend Brew. The special weekend for purity with your daughter sounds awesome!!
    Judith at WholeHearted Home recently posted..My Top Ten Reasons Why a Morning Routine is Important

18. Maria says:

I am getting ready to take my daughter in two weeks. It will be exciting to say the least. The part about taking her away together alone is the kicker for me. I have never done this, nor travelled more than 1 hr. away alone or alone with my children. What an adventure this will be. The books suggest dad be the one to take the sons too when they are old enough. Honestly, my husband supports this whole idea, but not sure if doing that alone with our son is his idea of how to share this “his way”. How many moms out there have taken their sons as well? Just curious. I don’t want to make my husband do something that is not how he wishes to do it. But, I want to share this with our son in this way too.
    Thoughts?

• Barbie says:

Hi Maria! First, I will be praying for your time away with your daughter. We got so much more out of the weekend than I anticipated. The key is just to relax, have fun, and laugh a LOT! As far as your husband possibly not wanting to do this with your son, I wouldn’t push it. We didn’t do it with my son, as my husband wanted to do things differently, so we did. My husband did listed to the tapes and incorporated some of the teaching. But as mom and wife, I had to be okay with that. I would advise against mom taking son, as the subject matter could be embarrassing for a young man if the information is coming from mom. Feel free to ask me any more questions! Blessings!