10 In Writing & Blogging

What’cha Doing Wednesday: Learning A New Platform

Samsung Galaxy S3 Launch-35

I am a girl who, although embraces change, doesn’t always rush into it.  While my friends and co-workers are always setting out to grab the latest and greatest technology, I tend to be a late adapter.  I had been perfectly content with my iPhone 3GS, not missing Siri one bit, and wasn’t in a hurry for a change. That was, until now.

I’ve switched platforms. Gasp!  I know!

Why?

Bigger screen!

I’m not getting any younger.  I held out for Apple to do something with the iPhone that would enable a women in her late 40’s to enjoy it’s beauty without having to put on glasses. It hasn’t happened yet.

And besides, I got a deal!

So, what I am doing this week is learning a new platform.  It has sort of been like going from roller skating to ice skating — there are some very big differences.  But so far, I am enjoying the process and am not frustrated at all.  I have yet to figure out how to connect my work email and our calendar system.  Our in-house tech won’t touch my phone.  But on the bright side, I know an Android geek and he promises to have me up and running soon.

Oh, I should probably tell you that if we are personal friends on Facebook and you publicize your phone number, I now have your number.  All of my Facebook friends’ contact information has mysteriously synched to my phone, all 355 of them, so I just might be calling you!

I am in love with my pretty, fast, new little large phone.

I think I’ll keep her!

How about you friends, what’cha been up too?  Join me over at Lisa’s for a fun new little linky and let us know what you’ve been up to!

Beth
    June 12, 2013 at 6:36 am

Your phone looks so pretty! I can’t seem to get myself to move over to the iPhone. I’m a very late adapter. I just figured out today how to link Facebook to Twitter. Yep…I’m a little slow to catch on. 🙂 Have a happy Wednesday Barbie.
    Beth recently posted..The Gift of Grace

Lisa @ four simply living
      June 12, 2013 at 7:44 am

So Jealous I am. I want a Samsung… I wanted one when we moved back from Germany last year, but let jet-lag talked me out of it. Just seven months and I get to upgrade, woohoo! I think you’ll love it once you figure it all out. {And the best thing ever, most of the Apps you paid for on iTunes are free on Android, oh yah babe!} Thanks for being the first ever person to link op to Waht’cha Doing Wednesday 🙂

June 12, 2013 at 8:00 am

So far, I love it. I hope one day you will be able to have a Samsung phone. I think I will enjoy this link up. It will give me a chance to post more about what’s happening in my real life. 🙂 Enjoy your day!

June 12, 2013 at 7:58 am

Ha! You sound like me. Oh and this particular phone is a stock photo. I forgot to put in the “photo courtesy of Flikr link”. Oops! Have a lovely day!

Carrie
    June 12, 2013 at 8:25 am

Don’t laugh, I don’t own a smart phone. I look in awe at those who do own them and all the “stuff” stored. My husband – rightly so – won’t upgrade my phone because I barely use it! One of these days (or years, LOL) I’ll be escorting children to part-time jobs and hobbies and be in the van more. Maybe he’ll upgrade me then 😉 Enjoy your new phone!
    Carrie recently posted..Dreaming About the Garden Tomatoes

June 12, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I love being able to watch my kids’ lives unfold through social media, even though they still are at one, besides the one who married last year. It’s another way of connecting! I think I would be lost without my lovely phone. Thanks for stopping by Carrie!

Debi @ DebiStangeland.com
    June 12, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Ooooo, I’m so excited for you. And for me too for that matter. I am going to get a new Samsung very soon – I have to work it all out with my provider but I’ve been saving my pennies for many months for a new smart phone and service and I’ve reached my goal. Yay for you for trying a new platform. I’m proud of you.

June 12, 2013 at 9:45 pm

It’s been fun! I love how light, fast and pretty it is! Blessings!

Janet @ Frugal & Focused
    June 13, 2013 at 10:36 am

How fun! I still don’t have a smart phone. It’s kind of a big deal that I started texting a little over a year ago. LOL! Enjoy your new phone.

June 14, 2013 at 11:56 pm