Five Minute Friday: Belong

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Belong

I missed my 5 Minute Friday sisters tonight at the #fmfparty on Twitter.  These precious women, filled with so much grace and strength.  They make me feel as if I belong here, in this big world of blogging.  Sometimes, especially lately, I can get a little off balance, with so much coming into my filter and not enough out put.  I can lose my sense of purpose, and when that happens I shy away, busy myself with other things, and forget that I have a voice He’s given me to share.

I ask the question, “Is there a place for me in this whirlwind of words.”  I tend to forget the truth at times.  I take my eyes off of the One who birthed this passion in my heart, and I look to those who are doing things, wonderful things, and wonder if I should be doing the same.

When I was a little girl, and through my teen years, I followed in the footsteps of others, sometimes too much so as I would become like them.  And I’ve been there, in my writing, striving to be someone that I am not.  Trying to unwrap a gift that isn’t mine to have, meant for another.  Unsatisfied with what little I have to give, yet longing to make a big impact.

Yes, I belong here.  I am grateful for you, my sisters, who continually come to read as I share my heart with you.  I am thankful for your prayers, encouragement and patience as I run this race.  I’d like to think of it as a journey.  A journey I would have never dreamed of belonging to.

I belong, you belong, and together, with Him, we are strong.

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.  (Matthew 18:20)

Five Minute Friday

1. Alia Joy says:

Yes, it’s easy to forget, isn’t it? That you belong, and I belong? That we all have a place. The blog world would be at a great loss without you, dear one. I am so glad you are part of it.
    Alia Joy recently posted..Feasts and Fasting

2. Dear Barbie,
    It is easy to forget…I am so thankful you belong and we belong together to Him, the One who gave us a passion to write…blessings to you, sweet friend 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Belong

3. ~Karrilee~ says:

Love this… and you, sweet friend! (I missed out tonight too – but love the Community that always makes room and welcomes in and let’s us all know we belong!)
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – BELONG

4. wow! what an awesome write. appreciate the reminder you shared today. thanks!
    richelle @ “our wright”-ing pad recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Belong

5. Lizzy says:

so well said! Beautiful really. Thank you for saying these things out loud. Blessings 🙂
    Lizzy recently posted..Where I Belong

6. Lori Harris says:

It is quite beautiful- this giving of ourselves through our words, the not-withholding what Christ says we should so freely give- encouragement. I love your heart, Barbie.
    Lori Harris recently posted..Belong {Five Minute Friday hosted by Ann!}

7. Lisa notes says:

I think we all have those insecure moments when we wonder if we really belong. But so glad you were reminded that you do! It helps me remember that I belong too. Love the bloggy world. 🙂
    Lisa notes recently posted..Get in the house

8. Linda Stoll says:

Yes, you not only belong, but you’ve put the welcome mat out and invited other women to belong, as well. And that, my friend, is a lovely gift. Thank you!
    Linda Stoll recently posted..The Sacred Belonging

9. Debbie says:

I think we all long to belong Barbie. I’m so glad that we belong to a sisterhood of bloggers who love Jesus. You are a light in this world and I’m so glad we met.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Belong

10. Mary says:

You DO belong, Barbie!!! Your words always touch my heart!
    Mary recently posted..5 minute Friday…BELONG

11. Cassie says:

The thing I love most about blogging is being able to write what I want, when I want. If something is on my heart, I can put the words out for all the world to see (or just the one person who needs to see it). God works in so many ways, and I Love that one of them is through these blogs.

I’ve enjoyed visiting your little corner of the web. 🙂
    Cassie recently posted..Belong ~ Five Minute Friday

12. Lovely words, Barbie. We do all belong to Him and to one another. Thanks for the encouragement today.

13. Right on sister. Just what I needed to hear today. Thank you for the gentle reminder. You are the best. Happy weekend! Rock on!!!
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: BELONG

14. Elizabeth says:

Barbie, I love this, it is spot-on:
    “I can lose my sense of purpose, and when that happens I shy away, busy myself with other things, and forget that I have a voice He’s given me to share.”
    Thank you for the wonderful reminder that He has a reason for me to do what He wants ME to do, not anyone else.

15. Ashley says:

Love your writing Barbie. Seriously, its the first blog I come to when I go to read my favorite blogs. Love you, friend.
    Ashley recently posted..Belong {Five Minute Friday}

16. You echo the hear of so many of us- bloggers, writers, Jesus lovers, trying to write for Him and for ourselves and for all who are encouraged by our gift. We forget the purpose and we forget that within the gift of writing are differing gifts of style, voices, and audiences. Blessed by your words today, Barbie 🙂
    Stephanie Wafer recently posted..Belong {Five Minute Friday}

17. denise says:

bless you dear.
    denise recently posted..FMF-Belong

18. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    The blogging world would not have been the same without you! What a joy to belong to the group of ladies that link-up every weekend at The Weekend Brew! Thank you.
    Blessings XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Playing With Stars

19. Eva Marie says:

Blessed by this! I think we all go through periods of wondering where we belong in this blog land. Thank you for the reminder that we all have a unique voice, handed to us by God, and each one of us has a story to share and tell that someone needs to hear!!
    Eva Marie recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Belong

20. Caroline says:

Barbie, every time I visit you, it seems you have such a beautiful perspective on community and remind me of it, too. Thank you.
    Caroline recently posted..A Place to Always Belong {Five Minute Friday}

21. Cheri says:

Love this, Barbie! Your words and your blog are always very welcoming and give a sense of belonging. Grace and peace to you.
    Cheri recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Belong

22. Karen says:

always love your FMF’s 🙂 …. my blog address changed so I have been busy, but nice to get back to reading all my faves again 🙂
    Karen recently posted..blog info

23. Kimberly says:

Interesting perspective, Barbie. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Blessings to you this beautiful Sunday!
    Kimberly recently posted..[20130719] Five Minute Friday