18 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Abide In My Love

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
(John 15:9)

I love this portion of scripture, where Jesus prays for His disciples.  We get a glimpse into the heart of the Father, through His son, and His desire that we remain in Him.

I always get chills when I read the verse that talks about how Jesus loves us with the same love the Father has shown to Him. That has got to be some intense love.  The Father, lavishing His love on the Son, and the Son, returning that love to us.

And then He says, “abide in my love.”

He wants us to remain there.  In that moment when heaven overwhelms us with a love that we have never felt, cannot see and feel unworthy to receive, all we can do is remain.

To endure, to abide, to persist, to stay, to wait.

He is the Vine. We are the branches.  We love, because He first loved us.

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages. (Please only link one post. Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Mia
    July 27, 2013 at 1:22 am

Dear sweet Barbie
    This is the most beautiful invitation of our Beloved to His bride; Abide in Me! This is all we need to do so that His Life can be the center of our whole existence.
    Happy weekend to you, Barbie
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Broken Brides

July 27, 2013 at 1:30 am

He continually calls us to abide in Him! That’s where I want to remain, in His love! Have a beautiful weekend.

Denise
    July 27, 2013 at 1:46 am

Lovely Barbie! The one thing that will remain constant and forever true is God’s love for us; His love won’t fade; it won’t fail us. It’s always there, especially when we need it the most! “Abide in God’s Love. That your joy may be full.” Amen!

In His love!
    Deenise
    Denise recently posted..He’s Listening!

July 27, 2013 at 9:54 pm

So thankful for His never ending love! Blessings Denise!

Lyli@ 3-D Lessons for Life
    July 27, 2013 at 4:08 am

I am so glad I started my morning by visiting here and reading this lovely message. Oh, how He loves! I am one blessed Daughter of the King. It’s an amazing privilege to be invited to spend time with Him. May I never take that for granted.
    Lyli@ 3-D Lessons for Life recently posted..Directed

July 27, 2013 at 9:59 pm

So blessed by your visit Lyli! Have a blessed week!

Linda@Creekside
    July 27, 2013 at 5:40 am

abiding … sweet rest … a holy waiting … stilling the soul gently … a sacred invitation to come closer ….
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..His Planbook

July 27, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Beautiful response Linda! Blessings!

June
    July 27, 2013 at 7:19 am

Amen, Barbie! What a sweet reminder for this Saturday morning! Have a blessed weekend!
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . something old

July 27, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Blessings to you June!

Carrie
    July 27, 2013 at 7:53 am

My oldest and I were just talking about His powerful love…How we can’t understand the magnitude. I too love Jesus’ words here…What comfort! Have a blessed weekend.
    Carrie recently posted..When You’re Feeling Despair

July 27, 2013 at 10:11 pm

His love is something I long to understand. To think that the Creator of the Universe loves little ‘ole me is beyond my comprehension. Thanks for stopping by Carrie!

Laurie Collett
    July 27, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Such amazing love, that He prayed for us the night before His agonizing passion. May we rest sweetly in that love. Thanks for the great post & for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Graduation with Honors

July 27, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Blessings to you Laurie! Have a beautiful week.

child of God
    July 27, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Hi Barbie,
    I love Jesus’ prayer for us. Whenever I read it I think He is praying just for me. 🙂 It’s so special.

To be loved by the Creator of all is the best feeling in the whole world.

Blessings
    child of God recently posted..Please, please pray…

July 27, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Me too! Like He’s speaking right to me! Love you my friend!

Betty Jo
    July 28, 2013 at 6:27 am

How great is His love for us!! It simply boggles my mind. A beautiful post Barbie. Thank you!
    Betty Jo recently posted..left-over beauty

Hazel Moon
    July 28, 2013 at 8:05 am

Abiding in the vine and the vine holds us up and is also in us. How great is his love to pray for us as he sits next to his father God and interceeds that our faith fail not. Thank you for such a lovely post and a beautiful site where we can share.
    Hazel Moon recently posted..Don’t Stone the Messenger