33 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: The Kindness of God

(photo credit)

God, in His kindness. is always there, in the midst of my struggle to remind me of my need of Him.  I can so easily get off track, drowning in my busyness (or often laziness), that I can easily get in a rut and forget He is right beside me, at all times.

Today as I busied myself with a project I am taking on for a friend, the Lord, in His loving-kindness, reminded me that He has been waiting for me to come to Him.  In my exhaustion, foggy brain and anxious heart (over many things), He found a way to get my attention.

This was my YouVersion App, reminding me to spend time in the Word.  But really, it was Jesus, letting me know that He sees my anxious heart and reminding me that He is ready and willing to fill it with peace.  I need only say “yes”!

Will you take five minutes right now, my friend, and breathe Him in, allowing Him to wash over you and fill your anxious heart with His peace?  He’s waiting for you to come.  Will you say “yes”?

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages. (Please only link one post. Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Lyli@ 3-D Lessons for Life
    July 12, 2013 at 11:45 pm

Wise Words for our Weekend. Thanks, Barbie. Love this verse! 🙂
    Lyli@ 3-D Lessons for Life recently posted..Watching and Waiting

July 13, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Have a blessed Sunday Lyli!

Mia
    July 13, 2013 at 12:07 am

Dear Barbie
    Yes, this is so necessary! But even better than spending time in His word, dear friend, is spending time in the Living Word!! Just draw close into Jesus, dear Barbie, and drink from the Living Fountain of Life. He promised to give you rest and that His burden is not heavy.
    Blessings XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The King’s Present

July 13, 2013 at 11:20 pm

AMEN! So true!

Donna Schultz
    July 13, 2013 at 3:48 am

Yes! I love how He always draws us back, never letting us get too far away!
    Donna Schultz recently posted..There Will Be A Day

July 13, 2013 at 11:22 pm

He’s so faithful! Have a blessed week.

Joanne Viola
    July 13, 2013 at 4:03 am

I love the You Version reminder! He surely knows how to get our attention 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..The Random Five – 7/13/13

July 13, 2013 at 11:24 pm

I don’t ever remember seeing the reminder, until that day. God knew I needed it! Blessings!

bluecottonmemory
    July 13, 2013 at 5:24 am

To have someone say “I have loved you with an everlasting love” – is just breath-taking – and it made me think about how He created that desire to be loved like that in us:) I struggle with wrapping my brain around being the bride of Christ – and that nudges the door open a crack to help me to understand that:) Wishing you blessing this week:) Thank you for helping me open that door!
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..Life-Gets-Sweeter-Every-Day Gazpacho

July 13, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I struggle with how HE loves me too. I pray I will finally grasp it this side of heaven. Blessings!

Tracie
    July 13, 2013 at 5:53 am

I have been much more intentional about my Bible reading this week than I have been for a long time…and it has been wonderful.

Love that verse.
    Tracie recently posted..Not Going Back To Before

July 13, 2013 at 11:45 pm

That’s great! Keep it up!

Meg
    July 13, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Five minutes seems so simple, and such a short time! Sometimes it seems like asking five hours…I need to get better at saying “Yes” more often.
    Meg recently posted..The Blessings of Many Generations

July 13, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Me too Meg! The Lord has away of gently nudging us towards those things that will benefit us the most.

Missy
    July 13, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Barbie, this verse was just what I needed to read today. Being drawn in by the Lord, yes please! I’ve never heard of the You Version app – I’m going to have to look right into that! Thank you!
    Missy recently posted..Let Her Be More

July 13, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Missy, so thankful you were blessed. YouVersion is great. They have many different bible reading plans that you can do. I try to read through the bible with SheReadsTruth, and all of their plans are on YouVersion. Blessings!

Hazel Moon
    July 13, 2013 at 3:21 pm

“For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.” Psalm 100:5, NKJV
    Thank you for the sweet reminder to STOP and take five. God’s Word is good anytime.

I love it each morning when I turn on my computer, I find waiting for me a short devotional from Charisma Magazine – – http://www.charismamag.com/spirit/devotionals/
    Three Godly men sharing a verse and their take on its direction for that day. Then an E-Devo by Beth Jones – always outstanding. My day is ready with bite size bits of the Word. I end my day by reading a couple chapters. At present I am finishing the New Testament.
    Hazel Moon recently posted..Whew it is Warm in Here

July 13, 2013 at 11:49 pm

I’ll have to look into the Charisma devotional! Blessings!

child of God
    July 13, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Hi Barbie,
    Yes even 5 minutes is better than no time with God. I love that app!

Blessings hon,
    child of God recently posted..It Has Been Awhile

July 13, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Hey friend! Thanks for stopping by. YouVersion keeps me in the Word! blessings!

Cheri
    July 14, 2013 at 6:36 am

Hi Barbie! I just discovered this wonderful weekend community! Thank you for the encouragement. We have a sick little boy home today and although I am enjoying the lack of the usual Sunday morning hustle to church, I craved some life breathed in and this is what I needed 🙂 I added my link- I hope it blesses someone. Grace and peace to you.
    Cheri recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Present

July 14, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Cheri, thank you for linking up with The Weekend Brew, and for stopping by to comment so that I could find your lovely blog! Praying you have a beautiful week!

Cheri
      July 15, 2013 at 3:57 am

Thanks for visiting me, Barbie! It means a lot. I bookmarked your 31 days and started moving through the abiding series this morning- love the encouragement! I see you’re a FMF gal too- I’ll keep in touch 🙂
      Cheri recently posted..Tale of the ears

Beth
    July 14, 2013 at 9:26 am

I’m over here saying, “Yes!” Barbie, you have this way of speaking directly to my heart and providing me with encouragement that is needed. Thank you! Much love to you my friend.
    Beth recently posted..His Grace is Enough

July 14, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Beth, I am thankful our paths have crossed through blogging. Have a blessed and beautiful week!

Rosann
    July 14, 2013 at 10:12 am

I love how God continually finds ways to get my attention. 🙂 Happy Sunday, my friend!
    Rosann recently posted..To Experience Great Joy and Pleasure

July 14, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Hope you have a beautiful week Rosann!

Laurie Collett
    July 14, 2013 at 11:56 am

I love this verse & photo! Thanks for hosting & God bless.
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Water and Oil: Sacrifice and Worship: Part 1 – Old Testament

July 14, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Thanks Laurie!

Judith at WholeHearted Home
    July 14, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I get those same reminders and appreciate them. Not a good choice to choose “not now” is it?! Thanks for hosting the linkups again this week.
    Judith at WholeHearted Home recently posted..Enjoying the Outdoors: Blessed At Home #9

July 14, 2013 at 10:22 pm

You’re welcome Judith! Have a beautiful week.

Denise
    July 15, 2013 at 2:40 am

I often fall into a trap of self-sufficiency when I worry or when I am anxious about something or someone. I get caught up into my own thoughts, and let anxiety wrap me up in myself. Life can seem so out of control at times, and when I don’t stay centered on God and stay in His Word, the burdens I am carrying are needlessly overwhelming.

Good reminder today Barbie!
    Blessings and love,
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Spiritual Slumber

Ann
    July 16, 2013 at 9:45 am

Hi, Barbie! So true! I have found that ANY amount of time I’ve spent in God’s Word is never wasted time! God speaks to us through the Bible and no relationship is strong and growing if it is only one-sided!
    Blessings, Ann @ Christ in the Clouds
    Ann recently posted..Evin If. . .