The Weekend Brew: Wait On The Lord

but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.  (Isaiah 40:31)

Are you in a season of waiting? Are you lacking in strength?  Be strong and of good courage and wait for the Lord.  Put your hope and trust fully in Him.  He will not fail you.

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages. (Please only link one post. Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

1. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    Although my Me/Fm is quite bad at the moment, my spirit can fly high on the wings of Jesus’ love. What a great verse.
    Blessings and love to our special dear friend.
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Playing With Stars

• Barbie says:

AMEN my friend! Even when our physical bodies are not yet in alignment with His will, we are carried on the wings of His love.

2. Joanne Viola says:

Barbie –
    What a great picture & verse! Love them together! Have a great weekend & thank you again for hosting.
    Blessings,
    Joanne
    Joanne Viola recently posted..The Random Five – 7/20/13

3. Yes … the waiting room seasons aren’t the easiest. But it seems to be that’s when the best lessons flow. ‘Cause hearts are desperately expectant …
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..Parading Around in Black

4. Hi Barbie,

New to the link up. Waiting can be one of the hardest things to go through, but it can also be one of the most rewarding in that it helps us to build our faith and trust in the Lord and show us our own strength and perseverance. Love the song I will serve you While I’m Waiting.

Kim
    Kim Adams Morgan recently posted..Tabouli Pockets and Ice Cream

5. This is has always been one of my favorite verses — so encouraging. Thanks for sharing (and hosting!).
    Lyli@ 3-D Lessons for Life recently posted..Covered

6. Carrie says:

Oh, Isaiah holds such wonderful truths. And these are so encouraging. They were in my devotional yesterday 🙂 Have a blessed weekend!
    Carrie recently posted..Choosing the Right and Narrow

7. June says:

Inspiring reminder of a great Truth. Thanks, Barbie!
    June recently posted..Inspired by. . . a worm

8. Hazel Moon says:

Your photo and verse are so inspiring. Thank you for hosting your lovely site.
    Hazel Moon recently posted..Baby Escape

9. child of God says:

Hi Barbie,
    What a beautiful reminder to keep on putting our trust and faith in God.
    I love your picture!!
    child of God recently posted..It Has Been Awhile

10. Amy Jung says:

I REALLY needed to read that verse this morning. Thank you!

11. Denise says:

One of my favorite verses that has encouraged and blessed me abundantly! I hope your Sunday is rich with joy and His amazing grace Barbie! 🙂
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Sow a Good Seed

12. Rina Peru says:

My waiting season is long and hard, Barbie, but I’m not at all losing hope. Thank you for your loving message last week. I’m praying for you, too.
    Rina Peru recently posted..The Power of God’s Love

13. Rosann says:

Oh Barbie, this is one of my favorite bible verses and it’s one I would meditate on frequently when my hubby and I were going through our trial of unemployment. Waiting is always so hard, but it’s comforting to know God’s there to continually renew our strength through the darkest days. Love you, girl. 🙂
    Rosann recently posted..Show Me Your Ways, Lord

• Barbie says:

This is one of the first scriptures I memorized as a new believer. It has brought me so much comfort and continues to be a source of comfort in this season of waiting. Blessings my friend!

14. Isa 40:31 is one of our special verses for our dance ministry! We have it framed on the wall. Thanks for the great post & for hosting & God bless!

15. Meg says:

This is one of my favorite verses. It is the motto of my children’s school – our mantra when things weren’t going well, we had to just trust in God for the strength to continue – and the Eagle is now our mascot.

Thanks for hosting!
    Meg recently posted..From the rising of the sun to its setting…

16. Beth says:

This is one of my favorite verses! So beautiful! A great way to end an amazing day.
    Beth recently posted..For your Sunday

17. Thanks so much for hosting your linkup. Barbie, I hope you have a wonderful week!!
    Judith at WholeHearted Home recently posted..My Mother: Did I Tell You She Turned 92?

18. Barbie, Thank you so much for your encouragement. I just had read Ps 27-29 during the wee hours of the morning on Sunday. Friend, you always have the perfect thing to say to help refresh my soul.

19. Thank you, Barbie, for the great reminder from Scripture that the Lord lifts us on secure wings above our problems.

Blessings,
    Janis
    Janis@Heart-Filled Moments recently posted..Who Is In Control?

20. Lea says:

Oh, I think we are usually always in some kind of “season of waiting.” Sometimes the seasons are just tougher than others. But, God is faithful and His timing is always right, even though we may not understand it. Blessings Barbie for a wonderful week!
    Lea recently posted..Miscellany Monday