Five Minute Friday: Small

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Some days, my faith feels so small.  I doubt my giftings, my talents, the plan that I thought God had for me.  When circumstances overwhelm and the tears begin to flow, it’s then that I go searching for bigger faith, the kind that I believe will please God.  You see, I doubt.  I doubt that my faint heart can do any good in the Kingdom.  I doubt my ability to rise above it all and sore with wings as eagles.  I doubt that I will finish the race.  I want to be strong and big, but God’s ways are not my ways and He delights in my smallness.

I feel weak and small, but I will say “yes” to Him, even when I don’t understand, even when it feels hard.  For it’s then that He comes in and breathes on my small faith, and causes my heart to soar.  He says that if I have faith as small as a mustard seed, I can move mountains. Seemingly large obstacles which appear big compared to my smallness, would be cast aside.

Lord, here is my small faith.  I am offering it up to you right now.  Will you cause the mountains that are looming over me to move?  I say yes to you Lord, and I will continue to say yes, even when I do not understand.  Take my small faith and do something great, for your glory Lord!

“I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”  (Matthew 17:20 NLT)

Five Minute Friday

1. Karen says:

I LOVE the pictured quote you have up there! VERY pretty… love your FMF 🙂 good to see you
    Karen recently posted..NEW BLOG ADDRESS

• Barbie says:

Thanks Karen! Dropped by your blog. Your story is powerful. Your healing is being used to bring healing. I pray you will continue to use your voice as He enables you to do good. Hugs!

2. It’s always breath-takingly peaceful here at your place. Thank you for the prayer I will go to bed praying, “Lord, here’s my small faith. Please take it and do something great with it.” Love you friend.

3. Oh yes sister. He does amazing things with the small and the insignificant and the seemingly unimportant. BIG BIG things. Watch out girl. He’s got His eye on you! Woooooot!!!

“Your beginning will seem so small, since your future will flourish.” Job 8:7
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: SMALL

4. lovely… as i was reading your words, the Lord brought to mind “faith like a mustard seed.” the perfect words with which to finish your post.

may God use the faith we have, and give us opportunity for Him to grow more faith!

5. Dear Barbie,
    I want you to know that when I see you, I see you have a big faith for you cling to Him regardless of how you feel or your circumstances…You inspire me, and I pray you would know how much you are loved 🙂

• Barbie says:

Oh Dolly, I should have brought the kleenex with me. You encourage my heart so. I am thankful that others see the faith in me that sometimes is hard to see. Have a lovely weekend!

6. denise says:

Amen, very well said.
    denise recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Small

7. Lizzy says:

Beautiful! Such wisdom here.
    Lizzy recently posted..Missing Small

8. Tara says:

Oh, how this reached my heart, I love coming here. Have a blessed weekend. Tara.
    Tara recently posted..Five Minute Friday {Small}

9. Amy P Boyd says:

I love the prayer at the end. That is something I need to pray daily . Thanks for sharing

10. Laura Rath says:

Beautiful, Barbie! You spoke to my heart this morning.

11. Lori Harris says:

Oh, I love this post Barbie~ I love that you let us into the soft parts of you heart- for we all struggle with these things.
    I also LOVE your picture! Made me think of Ann…
    Lori Harris recently posted..One Backyard, Two Girls, and Their Girls

• Barbie says:

I have made a promise to always share my real and raw heart. So thankful God uses my journey to encourage others. Blessings Lori!

12. Mary says:

I am praying for you and your mountains this morning, Barbie! Lovely words penned straight from your heart.

Hugs my friend.
    Mary
    Mary recently posted..Why size doesn’t matter…

13. Yes, Lord. Here’s our doubts, our fears, our failings, our stuff. Do Your work of miraculous redemption in our lives!
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..Small Playthings = Big Mess

14. Debbie says:

Barbie your small faith offered to Him will be enlarged as you trust the outcome to Him. As I read comments on your blog, I see how you are impacting others. And don’t forget that your prayers are treasured in the Kingdom work.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Small

15. Cheri says:

Beautiful, as always, Barbie. Grace and peace.
    Cheri recently posted..Small {Five Minute Friday}

16. This post reminds me of a Nichole Nordeman song. She sings “Oh great God, be small enough to hear me now” and your words feel like they come from that same place.
    Small faith, mustard seed faith, hem of His garment faith, these are the places where great things can happen. I’ve learned that in this small faith, it’s really GREAT faith because it’s pure. Yes, I may only have faith the size of a mustard seed, but that faith is pure and whole….and great.
    Thanks for sharing your heart, friend.
    Amy ~ Coffee With The Mrs. recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Small

17. Tina says:

Thanks so much for this encouragement. I’ve had a very small-feeling week!
    Tina
    Tina recently posted..Five for Five Minute Friday: Small

18. Kim says:

He can do great things if we just have faith the size of a mustard seed. Beautiful post!
    Kim recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Small

19. Oh how I love this post! I feel like this at times too. I too, need to say your prayer at the end every day!!
    Eva @ Snappee Turtle recently posted..F is for Friday: Because Its Been a While

20. Jacqui says:

As always, I love your heart, Barbie. It’s amazing how God uses our faith as small as a mustard seed. And it’s encouraging that I don’t need to try to squeeze out any more. Just trust the little I have and He does it. Thanks for sharing and blessings to you!
    Jacqui recently posted..Comment on Soaring in the Small by Angie

21. I told someone not too long ago that I felt like the mountains in front of me needed to take a number and get in a line. Too many to deal with at once. But I decided to quit trying to climb them and to just sit back and try to enjoy the view and what God was doing in them. They are still there but my little mustard seed is changing how I see them day by day.
    Cheri Galloway recently posted..SMALL

• Barbie says:

AMEN! Yes, there may be mountains looming, but looking at them through the eyes of small faith, they aren’t so big after all! Have a blessed weekend.

22. Hmmm…saying yes to Him, even when I feel small. Hard to do some days. But oh, so necessary!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Small

23. kaseyparr99 says:

Barbie, Your words are so honest, heartfelt. and true. You have a gift of words, thanks for sharing. Your photos are always beautiful. Your are a blessing, Kasey

24. Rachael says:

All I can say in the tears that this post brings is…Amen!
    Rachael recently posted..A Lesson from the “Small” one

25. Jessica says:

I just wanted to tell you that your not alone and that I feel like a lot of times we feel that our faith is small and that is okay because we serve a big God that will take our small faith and use it for his glory.
    Jessica recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Small

26. Barbie, I so understand your feelings of feeling so small when the world is so large. Having a terminally ill husband, I have many moments of weakness and doubt….yet, I know, deep in my heart that God is with us, carrying us and loving us.

Patty
    Patty Mejia Burke recently posted..5 Minute Friday: Small

• Barbie says:

Oh friend, yes, He is carrying you. When your faith is feeling small, just press in a little closer. He will strengthen you. Hugs!

27. Caroline says:

Another beautiful, relatable post, Barbie. Thank you.
    Caroline recently posted..How To Know What You Do Is Not Too Small {Five Minute Friday}

28. Amy Jung says:

This is my desire but…I don’t always remember it. I like your Stop drop and roll motto–perhaps it will stick with me now!!
    Amy Jung recently posted..Divine Design Part 1

29. katherine says:

sometimes it’s my faith that’s small, sometimes it’s my unbelief sigh
    katherine recently posted..Wednesday Words- 2 Timothy 3:16-17