55 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Small

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Some days, my faith feels so small.  I doubt my giftings, my talents, the plan that I thought God had for me.  When circumstances overwhelm and the tears begin to flow, it’s then that I go searching for bigger faith, the kind that I believe will please God.  You see, I doubt.  I doubt that my faint heart can do any good in the Kingdom.  I doubt my ability to rise above it all and sore with wings as eagles.  I doubt that I will finish the race.  I want to be strong and big, but God’s ways are not my ways and He delights in my smallness.

I feel weak and small, but I will say “yes” to Him, even when I don’t understand, even when it feels hard.  For it’s then that He comes in and breathes on my small faith, and causes my heart to soar.  He says that if I have faith as small as a mustard seed, I can move mountains. Seemingly large obstacles which appear big compared to my smallness, would be cast aside.

Lord, here is my small faith.  I am offering it up to you right now.  Will you cause the mountains that are looming over me to move?  I say yes to you Lord, and I will continue to say yes, even when I do not understand.  Take my small faith and do something great, for your glory Lord!

“I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.”  (Matthew 17:20 NLT)

Five Minute Friday

Karen
    August 15, 2013 at 9:54 pm

I LOVE the pictured quote you have up there! VERY pretty… love your FMF 🙂 good to see you
    Karen recently posted..NEW BLOG ADDRESS

August 16, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Thanks Karen! Dropped by your blog. Your story is powerful. Your healing is being used to bring healing. I pray you will continue to use your voice as He enables you to do good. Hugs!

Positively Alene
    August 15, 2013 at 9:55 pm

It’s always breath-takingly peaceful here at your place. Thank you for the prayer I will go to bed praying, “Lord, here’s my small faith. Please take it and do something great with it.” Love you friend.

August 16, 2013 at 8:53 pm

So thankful you stopped by Alene!

Debi @ DebiStangeland.com
    August 15, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Oh yes sister. He does amazing things with the small and the insignificant and the seemingly unimportant. BIG BIG things. Watch out girl. He’s got His eye on you! Woooooot!!!

“Your beginning will seem so small, since your future will flourish.” Job 8:7
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: SMALL

August 16, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I love the scripture in your comment. So perfect! Blessings!

richelle @ "our wright"-ing pad
    August 15, 2013 at 10:05 pm

lovely… as i was reading your words, the Lord brought to mind “faith like a mustard seed.” the perfect words with which to finish your post.

may God use the faith we have, and give us opportunity for Him to grow more faith!

August 16, 2013 at 8:54 pm

AMEN Richelle! That is my prayer!

Dolly@Soulstops
    August 15, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Dear Barbie,
    I want you to know that when I see you, I see you have a big faith for you cling to Him regardless of how you feel or your circumstances…You inspire me, and I pray you would know how much you are loved 🙂

August 16, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Oh Dolly, I should have brought the kleenex with me. You encourage my heart so. I am thankful that others see the faith in me that sometimes is hard to see. Have a lovely weekend!

denise
    August 15, 2013 at 10:53 pm

Amen, very well said.
    denise recently posted..Five Minute Friday-Small

August 16, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Thank you Denise!

Lizzy
    August 15, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Beautiful! Such wisdom here.
    Lizzy recently posted..Missing Small

August 16, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Thanks for stopping by Lizzy!

Tara
    August 16, 2013 at 12:34 am

Oh, how this reached my heart, I love coming here. Have a blessed weekend. Tara.
    Tara recently posted..Five Minute Friday {Small}

August 16, 2013 at 8:58 pm

So glad you stopped by Tara!

Amy P Boyd
    August 16, 2013 at 1:35 am

I love the prayer at the end. That is something I need to pray daily . Thanks for sharing

August 16, 2013 at 8:58 pm

You’re welcome Amy!

Laura Rath
    August 16, 2013 at 3:53 am

Beautiful, Barbie! You spoke to my heart this morning.

August 16, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Hey friend, so glad you stopped by!

Lori Harris
    August 16, 2013 at 4:18 am

Oh, I love this post Barbie~ I love that you let us into the soft parts of you heart- for we all struggle with these things.
    I also LOVE your picture! Made me think of Ann…
    Lori Harris recently posted..One Backyard, Two Girls, and Their Girls

August 16, 2013 at 9:00 pm

I have made a promise to always share my real and raw heart. So thankful God uses my journey to encourage others. Blessings Lori!

Mary
    August 16, 2013 at 4:26 am

I am praying for you and your mountains this morning, Barbie! Lovely words penned straight from your heart.

Hugs my friend.
    Mary
    Mary recently posted..Why size doesn’t matter…

August 16, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Thank you so much Mary! Nice to see your smiling face here.

Linda@Creekside
    August 16, 2013 at 4:46 am

Yes, Lord. Here’s our doubts, our fears, our failings, our stuff. Do Your work of miraculous redemption in our lives!
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..Small Playthings = Big Mess

August 16, 2013 at 9:02 pm

AMEN!

Debbie
    August 16, 2013 at 5:31 am

Barbie your small faith offered to Him will be enlarged as you trust the outcome to Him. As I read comments on your blog, I see how you are impacting others. And don’t forget that your prayers are treasured in the Kingdom work.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Small

August 16, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Thank you Debbie! So thankful for your friendship.

Cheri
    August 16, 2013 at 5:32 am

Beautiful, as always, Barbie. Grace and peace.
    Cheri recently posted..Small {Five Minute Friday}

August 16, 2013 at 9:03 pm

So blessed by you Cheri!

Amy ~ Coffee With The Mrs.
    August 16, 2013 at 6:35 am

This post reminds me of a Nichole Nordeman song. She sings “Oh great God, be small enough to hear me now” and your words feel like they come from that same place.
    Small faith, mustard seed faith, hem of His garment faith, these are the places where great things can happen. I’ve learned that in this small faith, it’s really GREAT faith because it’s pure. Yes, I may only have faith the size of a mustard seed, but that faith is pure and whole….and great.
    Thanks for sharing your heart, friend.
    Amy ~ Coffee With The Mrs. recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Small

August 16, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Oh I love that, small faith is pure faith. I need to tuck that one away so I can remember it!

Tina
    August 16, 2013 at 7:31 am

Thanks so much for this encouragement. I’ve had a very small-feeling week!
    Tina
    Tina recently posted..Five for Five Minute Friday: Small

August 16, 2013 at 9:06 pm

So thankful you found encouragement here! Blessings on your weekend Tina!

Kim
    August 16, 2013 at 7:39 am

He can do great things if we just have faith the size of a mustard seed. Beautiful post!
    Kim recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Small

August 16, 2013 at 9:07 pm

So thankful that God can make great things from my smallness.

Eva @ Snappee Turtle
    August 16, 2013 at 8:36 am

Oh how I love this post! I feel like this at times too. I too, need to say your prayer at the end every day!!
    Eva @ Snappee Turtle recently posted..F is for Friday: Because Its Been a While

August 16, 2013 at 9:17 pm

So thankful you stopped by Eva!

Jacqui
    August 16, 2013 at 8:44 am

As always, I love your heart, Barbie. It’s amazing how God uses our faith as small as a mustard seed. And it’s encouraging that I don’t need to try to squeeze out any more. Just trust the little I have and He does it. Thanks for sharing and blessings to you!
    Jacqui recently posted..Comment on Soaring in the Small by Angie

August 16, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Oh what He can do with our small faith, my friend. Have a blessed weekend!

Cheri Galloway
    August 16, 2013 at 8:53 am

I told someone not too long ago that I felt like the mountains in front of me needed to take a number and get in a line. Too many to deal with at once. But I decided to quit trying to climb them and to just sit back and try to enjoy the view and what God was doing in them. They are still there but my little mustard seed is changing how I see them day by day.
    Cheri Galloway recently posted..SMALL

August 16, 2013 at 9:19 pm

AMEN! Yes, there may be mountains looming, but looking at them through the eyes of small faith, they aren’t so big after all! Have a blessed weekend.

Holly Barrett
    August 16, 2013 at 9:09 am

Hmmm…saying yes to Him, even when I feel small. Hard to do some days. But oh, so necessary!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Small

August 16, 2013 at 9:21 pm

So true! Thanks for stopping by Holly!

kaseyparr99
    August 16, 2013 at 9:24 am

Barbie, Your words are so honest, heartfelt. and true. You have a gift of words, thanks for sharing. Your photos are always beautiful. Your are a blessing, Kasey

August 16, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Thank you so much Kasey! You bless me!

Rachael
    August 16, 2013 at 10:38 am

All I can say in the tears that this post brings is…Amen!
    Rachael recently posted..A Lesson from the “Small” one

August 16, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Oh friend, I am humbled that He uses my smallness to do big things in the hearts others. I cherish you!

Jessica
    August 16, 2013 at 11:39 am

I just wanted to tell you that your not alone and that I feel like a lot of times we feel that our faith is small and that is okay because we serve a big God that will take our small faith and use it for his glory.
    Jessica recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Small

August 16, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Thanks for encouraging my heart today Jessica!

Patty Mejia Burke
    August 16, 2013 at 11:53 am

Barbie, I so understand your feelings of feeling so small when the world is so large. Having a terminally ill husband, I have many moments of weakness and doubt….yet, I know, deep in my heart that God is with us, carrying us and loving us.

Patty
    Patty Mejia Burke recently posted..5 Minute Friday: Small

August 16, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Oh friend, yes, He is carrying you. When your faith is feeling small, just press in a little closer. He will strengthen you. Hugs!

Caroline
    August 17, 2013 at 8:34 am

Another beautiful, relatable post, Barbie. Thank you.
    Caroline recently posted..How To Know What You Do Is Not Too Small {Five Minute Friday}

Amy Jung
    August 17, 2013 at 5:39 pm

This is my desire but…I don’t always remember it. I like your Stop drop and roll motto–perhaps it will stick with me now!!
    Amy Jung recently posted..Divine Design Part 1

katherine
    August 21, 2013 at 2:39 pm

sometimes it’s my faith that’s small, sometimes it’s my unbelief sigh
    katherine recently posted..Wednesday Words- 2 Timothy 3:16-17