Five Minute Friday: Story

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

I often wonder what kind of story is being weaved together through the tapestry of my life. My beginning is of a girl who did not know true love, until she was taken by surprise by the greatest lover of all time.  Alone, my story is meaningless.  But linked up with His story, mine is powerful.

The story of my birth, hardship, loss, depression, learning to trust, longing to be known, it all gets weaved together into the greatest story book of all time.  Will anyone ever want to read my story?  It doesn’t matter.  What truly matters is that I have a story, and together with His story, I will shout it from the roof tops, in the hopes that through the telling there may come life, healing, encouragement, breakthrough, and joy.

As my life unfolds, many pages have yet to be written.  Every word I say, every move I make, recorded in the book.  My story is unfinished, but I know the One who holds the last page.

*This took me about 10 minutes to write, no kidding. I am so tired, I kept falling asleep at the keyboard.  I don’t even know if it makes any sense.  Now, off to dream with God!

Five Minute Friday

1. Janel says:

I’m one of your ‘sisters’ from the FMF today…and thought I’d pop on over.
    so much to love in this…especially “Alone, my story is meaningless. But linked up with His story, mine is powerful.” So easy to forget this truth my friend…I need to CLING to it and to Him. Thank you for sharing. May you continue to shout the difference he has made in your life from the rooftops. He has such beautiful things written in that book for your shaping and encouragement!

2. Lizzy says:

It makes so much sense!!! Particularly love this line “Alone, my story is meaningless. But linked up with His story, mine is powerful.” Blessings.
    Lizzy recently posted..A Little Piece of Story

3. j.jaclyn says:

Love that Christ truly and completely justifies us. Happy Friday! 🙂

4. Kris says:

He makes our stories matter. His fingerprints on our lives…the mark of our maker is on us, and in us and woven throughout our stories. His stories through us… Blessings, my friend.
    Kris recently posted..Story

5. Agree with the ladies. Alone, and without Him our stories don’t have much of an impact; but together and with God in our life we are able to accomplish so much for so many people. Be blessed, Kim
    Kim Adams Morgan recently posted..Grace for these types of moments

6. ‘taken by surprise by the greatest lover of all time.’

Oh, you have a story, Barbie. And it begs to be told! Keep writing, keep sharing, keep telling what He is doing!
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..Storytime

7. I would so read your story! I love reading the snippets you share along the journey…HUGS!
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Random Journal Day Link Up- August 2013

8. Rosann says:

You write very well in your sleep, friend. 🙂 Made total sense to me!

9. Amy Tilson says:

What a Master Weaver He is!! This makes total sense because it is pure, simple truth. What a precious thought to go dream with God at the end of each day. You are an excellent sleep-writer. Well done, 🙂
    Amy Tilson recently posted..Story – Five Minute Friday

10. Debbie says:

The best part is that we do know the One who holds the last page. So in the midst of challenges in this life we can look forward as we keep an eternal perspective. Love this Barbie.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Story

11. Tina says:

Beautiful! I am slowly learning the power of my own story. Not there yet, but learning. Thank you for sharing!
    Tina recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Story

12. Praise God the story is not over.
    Adoption Mama recently posted..Faith To Sight

13. Vicki says:

Thank you for your encouragement. I am discovering so many new folks via FMF and am so blessed by the way the Lord is using so many to spread His love.

14. ~Karrilee~ says:

I love this Barbie! It makes complete sense – and is so full of truth and hope! What’s not to love here?
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – STORY

15. I’m back, and oooohhh how I’ve missed your words! Even in a sleep stupor they are so beautiful. Just like you!
    Lisa @ four simply living recently posted..Comment on Life Through the Lens… July review and Back to School by Barbie

• Barbie says:

Ahhh, friend, I think about you often. Wish I could sit across from you at a table, sipping tea (as I am off coffee now, imagine that) and sharing our hearts. One day!

16. It makes sense and it is beautiful !!

17. Lisa notes says:

“My story is unfinished, but I know the One who holds the last page.”
    Yes and amen.
    Hope you were able to get some rest today.

• Barbie says:

Thank you Lisa. Unfortunately Friday was a work day for me, and I hosted our prayer room with my son until midnight. Today was back to school shopping. Tomorrow, ahhh, rest, after I help a friend unpack! Yikes!

18. Elizabeth says:

You already know your story will have a happy ending, that is one of God’s promises for believers – eternal life.
    Hope you got some sleep.

19. Carrie says:

You poor thing – I pray you get some rest this weekend! I’m glad you wrote the post though – we all have a wonderfully unique story to tell. Blessings!
    Carrie recently posted..How Wondrous Is His Creation!

20. Lovely thoughts. That’s one of the things I love most about telling our stories. It brings so much healing. Not only to us but to others on similar journeys. God makes it all into a masterful tapestry of significance. Thank you for sharing.
    Jamie Wright Bagley recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Story

21. Vanessa says:

This is beautiful!

I also loved your line: “Alone, my story is meaningless. But linked up with His story, mine is powerful.” – I will definitely be sharing that with my followers.

Thanks you so much for the lovely comment you left on my post. I look forward to reading more on your blog!
    Vanessa recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Story

22. I think this makes perfect sense. I wouldn’t have guessed the falling asleep bit at all. Happy FMF!
    Michelle Anderson recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Story

23. Julie says:

Thanks for sharing — beautiful picture of love and grace.

24. Rachael says:

I love reading the pages of your story! Keep sharing… Love, Rachael
    Rachael recently posted..James 1:6

25. Rebecca says:

Sometimes I forget this too. Love the perspective. And don’t worry…it made sense! thanks for stopping by my blog!

26. Cheri says:

Beautiful FMF post, Barbie. Thank you for the encouragement. We must be on the same wavelength because I talked about weaving our tapestry as well 🙂
    Cheri recently posted..Story {Five Minute Friday}

27. And I am sooooo glad that you have a story, a life, a purpose. You are amazing and I feel blessed to be able to “read” your story a little each week. Thank you for sharing.
    Debi @ recently posted..Five Minute Friday: STORY

28. Amy P Boyd says:

Beautiful post, Barbie. Your words make such perfect sense. I love this line “Alone, my story is meaningless. But linked up with His story, mine is powerful.” All of our stories really are meaningless without Him.
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..I Love to Tell the Story {Five Minute Friday}

29. How wonderful to know the one who will write the final page…especially when our story has it’s ups and downs!! Thanks, Barbie!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Top 10 Tuesday v.8.6

30. Jacqui says:

It does make sense, as others have already said, and I love it. Our stories do matter, and in heaven, everyone will want to hear them, because we’ll see all of God’s meaning. Anyway, I love your heart, Barbie and I love hearing your story!
    Jacqui recently posted..Comment on Considering the Day of Small Things by Jacqui