Five Minute Friday: Worship

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Worship

03b7a3a14e0229f1df843a5c03066da1 Worship is where I connect with God.  It’s where I run when everything else is falling apart, or when I cannot see the direction to go.  There is something about joining with the heavenly hosts in awe and wonder of our Lord that just stirs my heart and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I lift my hands.  I dance.  I paint.  I kneel.  Tears fall.  All acts of worship before my King.

When I worship I see God. But what about those hours in my day when the music has stopped, or when I forget to stop and put my focus on Him.  Do I still see Him?  Do I see Him in the pile of dirty dishes left in the sink, or the mounds of laundry awaiting my attention? Do I see him in the argument between my kids, or my exhausted husband sitting on the couch? Do I see Him in the books that I read or the words that I write?

I must see God, in all that I do.  For if I do not see Him, my heart will be lead astray to worry, fear, comparison, or overwhelm.    Will I choose to see God, or the mess in front of me?  Will I choose to lift my eyes up, or fall into despair? I want to see God in all that I do, not just in a good worship service, but in the messy parts of my life.  After all, He doesn’t live in the place where I go to worship, but rather He lives in me.

Five Minute Friday

1. Aileen says:

It’s truly wonderful if we never lose sight of God, no matter what the circumstances may be. If our hearts are filled with God, then there is no more room for fears and any negative thoughts and emotions…only the joy in knowing we have Him in our hearts.

Aileen here, visiting from FMF…and I also love coffee. 🙂
    Aileen recently posted..{Five Minute Friday}: Worship

2. Jedidja says:

hank you. A good lesson for me, we need to see God’s hand in all what we do. Especially your last paragraph is very encouraging to me
    Jedidja recently posted..Geniet jij ook? Over de glans van het gewone

3. Wanda says:

I’m convinced that I miss in so many of my daily moments. But I long to see greater glimpses of Him not just in the great displays of worship but in the routine of life. Thanks for the reminder Barbie to keep my eyes open for Him. Blessings.
    Wanda recently posted..The Friday Five: Good Reads

4. kaseyparr99 says:

After all, He doesn’t live in the place I go to worship, He lives in me–loved this. Beautiful post. Blessings, Kasey

5. Debbie says:

Beautifully written Barbie! To worship even in the messy parts of life. Because of Jesus, we get to worship in spirit and in truth. That is someOne to worship.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Worship

6. Hey My Friend ~ Don’t you love the vastness, the wide array, the glory of worshipping this One who is our King?
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..Worship ~ Now & Later

7. Jennifer says:

This is a beautiful post! We do need to see God in all our situations. It is a choice and it is the best one we can ever make!
    Jennifer recently posted..How Do You Define Worship?

• Barbie says:

Sometimes the choosing is hard. It’s hard to see sometimes through the muddy parts of life. I am always so blessed when I make the choice to worship! Have a great weekend Jennifer!

8. ~Karrilee~ says:

Beautiful Barbie… and I LOVE love love that quote by Ann… it is sadly so true, isn’t it? Oh – we could deny it and say it’s not… but we all know – from time to time, when we lose sight of Him… we are prone to wander!

Love you, friend! and I love your heart of worship!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – WORSHIP

• Barbie says:

I wander a lot and end up hitting walls in the dark. I want to keep my eyes wide open, fixed on Him, the object of my affection and worship!

9. All the places I can go – if I don’t keep my eyes on Him – the fear, the worry, the hurt does become the focus. Learning to live worship – I’m learning. Thank you for the beautiful art and quote – and your beautiful heart!
    Maryleigh
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..Giving of the Hands

10. Cheri says:

Beautifully said, Barbie. And I love, love the Ann Voskamp quote! Enjoy your holiday weekend, friend!
    Cheri recently posted..Worship {Five Minute Friday}

11. If you could see the pile on my counter right now you would know how much I needed to read this today. Oy! Thank you for helping me to focus on Him and not the mess. You ROCK!!
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Five Minute Friday: WORSHIP

• Barbie says:

Oh sister, I fear the piles in my home will devour me. Must keep my eyes wide open and on Him! Have a lovely weekend!

12. Some days my eyes strain to see Him. I’ve learned that if I can’t see Him, I just need to close my eyes and say “I know you’re here…in this…with me…thank you”.
    I pray my heart always leans His way. I pray I don’t give into stress and worry for too long. I pray I always come back around to truth. His truth.
    Amy ~ Coffee With The Mrs. recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Worship

13. I so believe that quote- I actually have a longer version of basically the same quote F.D. Maurice.
    Amen to the last statement! Love to you, my friend!
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Worshipping in the Throng (5 Minute Friday: Worship)

14. OH yes I must see HIm in all I do, I so often forget that to see Him, then I wonder why I am a mess? DUH!! Thank you for this love you

15. alecia says:

That quote is so true. It’s all worship, isn’t it?
    alecia recently posted..It’s All Worship

16. Barbie,
    what an awesome thought…He lives in us…amazing…love the Ann V. quote…so true…blessed weekend to you 🙂

17. Wow, Barbie, I love this! Beautiful – both in insight and writing!

18. martha brady says:

hi barbie,
    you said it well:) all of life is worship b/f GOD isn’t it?
    martha brady recently posted..FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY: WORSHIP…

19. Tiffany says:

Worship is my running place as well. It is my shelter when life is just ‘too much’ and I know there I can find peace. Thank you so much for sharing,
    Tiffany recently posted..8:28 Blessings Share Social {Week 1}

20. “I want to see God in all that I do, not just in a good worship service, but in the messy parts of my life. After all, He doesn’t live in the place where I go to worship, but rather He lives in me.”

So well said, Barbie. And such a challenge for all of us!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Will you be working on Labor Day?

21. Mel says:

Oh, I love this reminder…to find God in all of it. Every moment, every day. Can I confess that I sometimes struggle with that? I’m so thankful that I have the choice always to worship Him with each moment of my days. 🙂 Thank you for this…blessings, friend!