17 In Social Justice

My words echoing His heart: Blogging for World Help

”The

“Lord, here are my small hands.  Use them for big things.
Here are my small feet. Take them where you want them to go.
Here is my small voice.  Use it to echo your heart to the world.
Father, break my heart for what breaks yours.”

The Lord has been slowly answering this prayer of mine.  Although I haven’t yet had the privilege to go and do, as my heart remains steady in the place of prayer, as I ask Him to break my heart for what breaks His, He is doing just that.  We often want the big things.  To go and truly be the hands and feet of Jesus.  But what if I could do something, right where I am, with the resources I have, to make a difference, to save a life?

Last year I watched the journey of a friend I know only through blogging unfold, and my heart was broken.  I began to ask the Lord what could I do?  You see, I feel so small and insignificant at times.  But this I know: God can take my weak YES and use it for His glory! Small always turns to big in the hands of a Mighty God!

“What if my YES to God is a matter of life and death for another – both now and for eternity? What if?”  – Michele-Lyn, A Life Surrendered

Stories like this and this, they have changed me.  A place so deep in my heart has been carved, I wonder if it can truly ever be filled.  But I am compelled to use what little I have to make a difference in this world. This blog was born out of a place of surrender unto the Lord. “Here am I Lord.  Use me for Your glory.”  Whatever that looks like, in the big and the small, His heart will be heard through me.

I have this amazing privilege to partner with World Help, to use my words, my voice and my platform to bring awareness.  I am humbled.  I know that it will change me.  I can no longer ask to see the world through His eyes and remain unmoved.

Friends, how about you?  Are you compelled to make a difference, no matter how small or insignificant you feel?  Will you offer to God your weak yes, and see what He will do?  I am just one voice, you are just one voice, but together we are a strong and mighty chorus. Together we can share the Father’s heart and change the world.

The invitation has been given.  The application process is simple. Will you dare to dream with me?  I don’t know exactly all that God will do in and through me as I jump in with both feet. But my heart cries, “break my heart Lord, for what breaks yours.”

I’m fully in.  I can never go back.

World

Kim | Just For Clicks
    August 21, 2013 at 9:23 am

I LOVE when blogging becomes even more meaningful because of the positive changes it can have in the world. Compassion International offers great opportunities too. So excited to look into the program you have shared. Good for you Barbie!!
    Kim | Just For Clicks recently posted..Back to the Basics | Weigh-In Wednesday

August 22, 2013 at 7:15 pm

There are some amazing and worthy causes out there. I love what Compassion does as well. Thanks for stopping by and reading Kim!

Melanie Wilson @theinspiredday
    August 21, 2013 at 10:46 am

I’m excited for you Barbie and will keep you in prayer! I agree that we don’t just have to go and do. Praying and providing are just as important.
    Melanie Wilson @theinspiredday recently posted..3 Simple Reasons to Pray

August 22, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Thank you Melanie! I am so excited for this journey!

traci beeson
    August 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm

love love this. <3 God has been putting orphans heavily on my heart lately and i have yet to find something i can really do in this current season of my life. definitely looking into this!
    traci beeson recently posted..abiding in His presence

August 22, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Thanks so much for stopping by Traci!

Michele-Lyn
    August 21, 2013 at 5:08 pm

“I am just one voice, you are just one voice, but together we are a strong and mighty chorus. Together we can share the Father’s heart and change the world.”

I am so blessed by your heart, faithfulness, and devotion. I am so very grateful to be journeying with you. I believe this — we are sharing the Father’s heart and will change in this world! Thank you, friend. Beyond thanks. <3
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..Making Room…

August 22, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Thank you for the opportunity my friend!

Beth
    August 21, 2013 at 5:10 pm

I think this is so wonderful and have loved seeing the many joining in to blog for World Help. You have such an amazing heart Barbie and I look forward to seeing how He continues to use you to change our world. Much love to you.
    Beth recently posted..Three Word Wednesday

August 22, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Thank you my sweet friend!

Darlene Collazo @ {In Pursuit}
    August 21, 2013 at 6:14 pm

“Small always turns to big in the hands of a Mighty God!” The principle of the 2 fish and 5 loaves. Yes indeed! God can use our little. Thank you for sharing your journey with us, Barbie. It empowers others to do the same 🙂
    Darlene Collazo @ {In Pursuit} recently posted..Blog With World Help {Change The World!}

August 22, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Blessings to you Darlene! So thankful to take this journey with so many amazing bloggers!

child of God
    August 21, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Looks like a great idea! I saw this on Jennifer’s blog, ‘Running This Thing Called Life’ and started praying about it and now I see your doing this too. This definitely fits in with what my blog is about. Continuing to pray even more about it.

Blessings
    child of God recently posted..Update on Jaxson & Lucy

August 22, 2013 at 7:19 pm

So thankful you are talking with Jesus about this! Love ya!

Laurie's Notions (@lauriervb)
    August 22, 2013 at 6:37 am

“Lord, here are my small hands. Use them for big things……” YES! 🙂

Beautiful words, Barbie! Praying that God will use our words to give a voice to voiceless as we strive to do His work.

August 22, 2013 at 7:20 pm

AMEN Laurie!

Jesenia
    August 23, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Barbie, I’m so glad to have met you! As I read your post, I was in awe with how similar our hearts and words are. “Small always turns to big in the hands of a Mighty God!”, I agree. 🙂