41 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: He Prepares A Table

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;  (Psalm 23:5a)

How are you today, my friend?

I don’t know what you are facing today.  I can’t even begin to understand your struggle, but I know the One who is well acquainted with Your heart.  He hasn’t left you.  Matter of fact, He’s closer to you now then before you were brought to this wilderness.

I’ve been praying for you.  And I want to encourage you that in the midst of your struggle, when the weight of your pain is almost unbearable, God has laid out a table for you.  And He invites you to come.  He doesn’t just want you to come and snack.  He wants you to feast, at His table.

The enemy of your soul would have you to lay down, quit, stop running the race.  But God says to come, dine, eat, feast at my table in the presence of your enemies.  I promise you that when you partake of Him, even in your uncertainty and in your pain, He will fill you to overflowing and the enemy will flee.  It’s a promise!

So come and eat.  And when you’ve allowed yourself to be filled with the Word of His truth, praise Him.  Oh daughter, Praise Him!  He is worthy to be praised, even when you don’t feel like it. Will you allow your fragrance of worship and praise to arise to His throne?  For its smell is sweet to Him.  And He will never forget your offering.

Come, my daughter, let’s go together to the table, shall we?  There is enough for both of us.

Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages. (Please only link one post. Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Joanne Viola
    August 3, 2013 at 4:37 am

Barbie – A most beautiful post! And what a precious table in the photo!! No matter how difficult or ugly our circumstances may be, His table is always beautiful. He gives us that time of respite. Thank you for this lovely & powerful reminder this morning. I could not find the link this morning 🙂
    Have a great weekend! May you feast!!!
    Joanne
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Random Five – 8/3/13

August 3, 2013 at 8:12 am

Thank you Joanne! Please try again. I forgot to attach the code. It’s here now 🙂

Beth @ My Destiny
    August 3, 2013 at 5:22 am

Hello my friend. Love your sweet reminder friend. And I came over to link to your Weekend Brew, but I don’t see a linky.

Love you,
    Beth
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..Joy is never far away.

August 3, 2013 at 8:13 am

I must stop blogging at 1AM. I did the code, but forgot to put it in my post. Try again!

Stephani
    August 3, 2013 at 5:38 am

This reminds me of when Jesus was cooking fish and bread on the shore for the disciples after his resurrection. The son “Come and Dine” also runs through my mind. Love this. – I couldn’t find a linky either so here is my post. http://www.adefinedlife.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-cool-comfort-of-god.html
    Stephani recently posted..The Cool Comfort of God

August 3, 2013 at 8:13 am

Thank you Stephani! Note to self, when one creates a linky code, attach it to the post 🙂 I hope you will try again!

~ linda
    August 3, 2013 at 7:20 am

Oh, that I would linger, taking the time to feast with my King. Too often I get in a hurry and I don’t want to be in a hurry when I can sit with my Lord. Thank you.

Linking up here (as I don’t find the Linky either): Being Woven @ http://beingwoven.org/2013/08/03/prepared-as-a-bride/

Caring through Christ, ~ linda

August 3, 2013 at 8:13 am

Linda, please try again!

Vicki
    August 3, 2013 at 7:22 am

New this week to your blog, and am so encouraged by your heart for people. Thank you. – Vicki

Vicki recently posted..Is there whimsy in me?

August 3, 2013 at 8:14 am

Vicky, thank you so much for stopping by! The linky is here now, so I hope you will come back and link up your post!

Lyli@ 3-D Lessons for Life
    August 3, 2013 at 8:30 am

Psalms 23 is so rich with imagery. Thanks for helping me visualize this part of it this morning. He is so good to us! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Lyli@ 3-D Lessons for Life recently posted..Pursuing

August 3, 2013 at 9:07 am

Thank you! And thanks for the tweet about the linky. See what I get for posting at 1AM?

Carol
    August 3, 2013 at 8:34 am

Beautiful reminder of God’s presence and care for us! Thank-you.
    Carol recently posted..Disagreeing with the HHS Mandate

August 3, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Thank you Carol!

Mary-andering Creatively
    August 3, 2013 at 8:37 am

Hi, sorry for the double comment. I just commenting again.
    Mary-andering Creatively recently posted..A Growing Community of Thankfulness

Mary-andering Creatively
    August 3, 2013 at 8:38 am

My other comment did not go through, sorry. I wanted to put my link to my post here. It will be up in a few minutes.

Also I am signing on to a bigger hop today, trying to drive more traffic this way.
    Mary-andering Creatively recently posted..A Growing Community of Thankfulness

August 3, 2013 at 9:08 am

Thanks Mary! The link up is open now. I hope you will come back and link up your post on the page so others can see and visit you!

Jen
    August 3, 2013 at 8:55 am

Barbie – Everything about this post is just so refreshing Barbie! From the photo to the fact that God offers to feed us in the presence of our enemies. To the encouragement to feed on His truth! Thanks again Barbie! Always so happy when I can get a chance to come by & link up! Blessings for a wonderful week! ~ Jen
    Jen recently posted..3 Most Vulnerable Times When Shadows Live

August 3, 2013 at 9:09 am

Thanks Jen! So glad you could link up today!

Elizabeth
    August 3, 2013 at 9:41 am

Beautiful post, friend.
    Elizabeth recently posted..Acts 3:19…

August 3, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Thank you! I pray you are having a beautiful and refreshing weekend.

Dayle
    August 3, 2013 at 11:16 am

Thanks for hosting this inspirational party.
    Dayle recently posted..Good Gifts ~ Words for the Weekend

August 3, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Thank you Dayle. So nice to see you here!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day
    August 3, 2013 at 12:19 pm

This was just the encouragement I needed today. 🙂
    Thanks Barbie!
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Ralph W. Emerson Quote…Patience :: The Week at a Glance 8/3

August 3, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Thankful it encouraged your heart today Diane!

Laurie Collett
    August 3, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Praise God that He gives us so much more than our daily bread! Taste and see that He is good!
    Thanks for the great post & for hosting, & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Rebellion and Redemption: Expulsion from Eden

August 3, 2013 at 5:50 pm

AMEN! There is always so much more.

Meg
    August 3, 2013 at 5:14 pm

A beautiful verse! Your post reminds me of the refrain of one of my favorite hymns:
    Come to the feast of Heaven and Earth
    Here at the Table of Plenty.
    God will provide for all that we need
    Here at the Table of Plenty.

Have a blessed week!
    Meg recently posted..Praise him with strings…

August 3, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Oh Meg, thank you for sharing this today. Truly blessed.

Michelle DeRusha
    August 3, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Hi Barbie – linking up and saying hello – thanks for the community and your beautiful message today!
    Michelle DeRusha recently posted..Weekend One Word: Self-Sacrifice

August 4, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Thank you Michelle. Thankful to you have you here. You are welcome any time!

Lisa Grace
    August 3, 2013 at 6:16 pm

One of the best posts I have read here … And that is saying a LOT. Possibly as it is so timely. Tank you for sharing your heart.

August 4, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Thankful the post ministered to you in your time of need. Thanks for stopping by.

Kaye Swain
    August 3, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Thank you for the sweet encouragement from one of my favorite Psalms. Have a blessed week.

August 4, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Thank you Kaye!

June
    August 4, 2013 at 6:53 am

So encouraging, Barbie! We are to come to Him now, not when the danger has passed, but in the very presence of our enemies! He will protect and guide us. Amen, have a blessed week!
    June recently posted..Inspired by. . . Living water

August 5, 2013 at 12:01 am

Thank you for stopping by June!

Lea
    August 4, 2013 at 2:29 pm

What a lovely picture and a lovely reminder for each of us. You always inspire me when I stop by and I can’t believe you blog at 1:00AM. Oh, my, I’m sure I couldn’t think straight at that time. Happy week!
    Lea recently posted..Five on Friday

August 5, 2013 at 12:02 am

Ha! I know right? My kids go to bed about 10. My hubby, since he works hard on days, turns in about 11. So, I read, comment, visit and try to write between 11-1. I don’t get enough sleep! Thanks for stopping by Lea!

Janis@Heart-Filled Moments
    August 5, 2013 at 12:44 am

Hi Barbie,
    Such a beautiful table setting. And to know that the Lord sets this table for us before our enemies!
    It’s so encouraging to know how close He is to us during those painful struggles and trials. And that He honors us, making our enemies flee.
    Thank you for the inspiring blog and photo.
    Blessings,
    Janis
    Janis@Heart-Filled Moments recently posted..He Danced Into Our Garden

Betty Jo
    August 5, 2013 at 11:31 am

Such a beautiful, encouraging post Barbie. I needed this reminder. Thank you!