Five Minute Friday: Mercy

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

beautiful girl enjoying the summer sun outdoors in the park

I walk in silent shame.  My head hung low, my memory replaying days long ago.  I did not know this mercy then.  But it knew me.  He knew me.  He, mercy in flesh, walked with me through pain, and sorrow, and shame.  Mercy cried with me when I made decisions against His will, even before I knew, before I was aware mercy had been offered.

Still today I run and hide in corners, not wanting to look into His eyes, for fear of judgment. Afraid that He will walk away, never to set His gaze on me again.  I shudder in silent shame. Yet His fiery eyes of love overwhelm me.  His love penetrates the core places of my heart where little girl lost, alone and ashamed lives.

In that moment, His mercy turns to liquid love, and He pours it over me.  And it oozes into every gaping wound in my heart.  And it fills.  It covers. It heals.  It restores.  Mercy flowing like a river through the core of my being, rushing to little girl lost, alone and ashamed.  And it washes me new, again and again.

I don’t deserve this mercy.  I don’t deserve this grace. Yet He freely gives. I reach up my arms towards heaven and lift my weary head and look into the eyes of mercy.  And in those eyes there is no shame, no guilt, no condemnation.  Nothing but love, acceptance, freedom and forgiveness.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  (Lamentations 3:22-23)

Five Minute Friday

1. Debbie says:

Yes we don’t deserve His mercy. But how thankful I am that He offers it and I accept it. Beautiful post on mercy Barbie.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Mercy

2. Sharon says:

Praise God!! Thank you for sharing!

3. I love how you describe the Father’s love pouring over you…It’s so special and amazing!

4. Tara says:

As always Barbie, I am immensely blessed here. Thank you. Have a wonderful weekend. Tara.
    Tara recently posted..Five Minute Friday {Mercy}

5. Jennifer says:

Every time I read your posts, I read your honest heart. I love that about you! You have so much mercy! Shout it from the rooftops, girl! We might not deserve it, but that is the beauty of it… He gives it anyway. He has an undying love for us that is like no other we will ever Know.
    Have a wonderful weekend, friend!
    Jennifer recently posted..Mercy All Over the Place…

• Barbie says:

Thanks Jennifer! It’s a goal of mine to always be authentic. I am shocked sometimes of the stuff that comes out of my heart during the FMF write ups. Those posts I just sit and write without thinking are some of my post profound! Nope, I don’t deserve His mercy, don’t understand it, but I get it, fresh and anew each day! Have a lovely weekend!

6. I always love the pictures you include in your Five Minute Friday posts, Barbie! How do you get them ready so quickly? Love what you shared about mercy. So good to remember how much He gave before we were even aware!
    Tina at Mommynificent recently posted..Prayer Doodling and Five Minute Friday: Mercy

• Barbie says:

Hi Tina! Well, I cheat. Actually, once I know the prompt, I either pull a picture that I have, or dig into my Fotolio account and find one. Then I go back and do my free write, then I edit the photo in PicMonkey after I’ve written the post. There is no way I could write, find a photo and edit it all in 5 minutes! Praying you have a blessed weekend!

7. Lizzy says:

Such a beautiful picture you have painted here Barbie. Amazing grace, Amazing mercy!
    Lizzy recently posted..Five Minute Mercy

8. kaseyparr99 says:

Barbie, –it oozes into every gaping wound in my heart. Wonderfully put. Blessings, Kasey

9. Anita Ojeda says:

I’m dropping in from FMF–and I’m so glad I did. You’re spot-on. I love how you describe God’s eyes as ‘fiery eyes of love’ that turn to ‘liquid love’ Love isn’t like a rock! It’s liquid and fills our empty spaces and our little-girl-lost places. Thank you!
    Anita Ojeda recently posted..Five-Minute Friday: Mercy

10. Wow… I ” run and hide in corners” too. Loved this. Rosanne
    asmallbutmeaningfullife recently posted..Mercy

• Barbie says:

I often ask myself why I run and hide from mercy. One of these days, we are both going to get up from our corners and meet Mercy head on! Blessings!

11. You have written beautiful comforting words today my friend. Thank you for sharing your heart.
    Debi @ recently posted..Five Minute Friday: MERCY

12. Charlie says:

Absolutely beautiful post.

13. Yes, Barbie…So grateful for His mercies new every day…no shame…forgiveness, love and acceptance…beautiful post, my friend 🙂

14. Rebecca says:

I loved this! “In that moment, His mercy turns to liquid love, and He pours it over me” Such a beautiful picture! Thanks for reading mine and so glad I popped over!

15. Beth says:

I pray you are feeling better, Barbie. Take care of you!!! Love you.
    Beth recently posted..Mercy

16. Goodness, this is so beautiful. I love to look into His eyes too.
    Amy ~ Coffee With The Mrs. recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Mercy

17. kendal says:

i have loved reading about mercy this morning….so. very. refreshing.
    kendal recently posted..mercy: a nine-word sermon

18. Barbie, I love this line: “I walk in silent shame. My head hung low, my memory replaying days long ago. I did not know this mercy then. But it knew me. He knew me.” I relate to this so much as I’ve been doing some writing for my book.

Our Father’s love is so big, His Mercy and Grace so unending. He waits on us; He calls us to Him. Beautiful post.
    Kim Adams Morgan recently posted..Mercy for Today

19. Amy Jung says:

Thank you for the encouragement…needed encouragement this week about bringing up the littles for Christ!
    Amy Jung recently posted..Star-struck by the Most Famous One

20. Wow. That was so beautiful, Barbie. God has given you and incredible gift with words. So glad you are using that gift to glorify Him.
    Barb Raveling recently posted..Bible Study: When You You Feel Like Giving Up

21. Tanya says:

Thank You 🙂 You have touched my heart deeply …