48 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Arise, My Daughters!

arise2

I don’t remember when I painted this piece, but it hangs in the office at the house of prayer where I work.  When I passed by it today, I heard the Lord speak to His Daughters.  I pray you will be blessed by His words to you!

Arise, My Daughters. It’s time to spread your wings and fly.  I know that you’ve been a little hesitant and often scared to take that step, to leap into the unknown.  But I promise you that you are ready.  Where I’ve called you, you do not go alone.  For I go with you.  I’ve already gone before you, to prepare the way.  You need not stay where you are, with your wings tucked behind you.  Stand tall, My Daughter, hold your head high and know that I have given you My approval.  You are ready!  You need only trust me.  Trust that although the flight may not always be smooth, that I am with you.  I will not let you fall.  There may be a storm or two along the way, but I promise you that I will bring you through.  I have prepared you.  You have everything that you need to make this flight.  You need only leap and spread your wings.  Arise, My Daughter, spread those wings and fly!

TheWeekendBrewButtonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages. (Please only link one post. Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Linking here:

Beauty in His Grip Button

Beth @ My Destiny
    September 7, 2013 at 3:31 am

I love the painting and I love the word from the Lord! Thank you for the encouragement Barbie. <3
    Beth @ My Destiny recently posted..A thankful heart …

September 7, 2013 at 8:20 pm

You’re welcome my dear friend!

Joanne Viola
    September 7, 2013 at 4:20 am

Barbie-
    Thank you so much for sharing this today. They are such beautiful words. And words I needed to hear this morning. “The flight may not always be smooth” but I feel assured this morning that He is with me & has gone on before me. Thank you for sharing the words that our God placed on your heart.
    Blessings,
    Joanne
    Joanne Viola recently posted..The Random Five – 9/7/13

September 7, 2013 at 8:21 pm

You are so welcome Joanne. So thankful it blessed you!

Linda@Creekside
    September 7, 2013 at 5:06 am

Lovely, lovely, Barbie. You have been gifted to write, to lead, to love … and to use a brush with grace. Thank you for sharing your space and your giftedness with us! Have a truly blessed weekend, my friend!
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..On Craving Understanding

September 7, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Linda, you bless me. I’m not sure I used a brush on this one. It was done so long ago. Most of my artwork now is done with my hands and fingers. I rarely use a brush anymore. With no artistic training, I like to feel the movement of the worship while I paint! Have a blessed Sunday!

Meg
    September 7, 2013 at 6:28 am

Those blues and purples are simply stunning! Thank you for hosting – have a wonderful week.
    Meg recently posted..Frumps to Pumps – Week 1

September 7, 2013 at 8:22 pm

You’re welcome Meg! Thanks for stopping by!

Amy Jung
    September 7, 2013 at 6:51 am

Beautiful painting…beautiful words. My kids and I are watching the butterfly life cycle right now. We just saw the caterpillar turn into a chrysalis. I am captivated by this process. I went to Youtube last night to watch the process in fast motion. It is simply amazing and compels me to think upon God, myself, life, upcoming events. Thank you for responding to God’s tugging for you to write this! It came at the proper moment for me!
    Amy Jung recently posted..If You Need to Remember: God Sees You

September 7, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I love the butterfly! I love the process it must go through to become so free. Thankful you were blessed today, and you’ve blessed me by coming here to comment.

Carrie
    September 7, 2013 at 7:20 am

Wow, Barbie! This is precisely what I needed to hear today! Thank you so much for sharing it!
    Carrie recently posted..Let Them Come

September 7, 2013 at 8:25 pm

You’re welcome Carrie!

Jacqui
    September 7, 2013 at 8:21 am

You painted that?!?! 🙂 You are very talented, Barbie. It’s beautiful! And what beautiful words of encouragement to go along with it. Thank you.
    Jacqui recently posted..Comment on Our Red Wagon and a Journey to Contentment by Jacqui

September 7, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Jacqui, yes I did, probably about a year ago. I love that I get to express myself like this during worship services. With no formal training, I love abstract art and I mostly paint with my hands. I am finding a way to use my art as backdrops for scripture to bless others! Have a beautiful Sunday!

Cathy
    September 7, 2013 at 8:41 am

What a beautiful post and I love the colors in your painting. Just started following and participating in your blog hop. Thanks for hosting. : )
    Cathy recently posted..A letter to my childhood self…

September 7, 2013 at 8:28 pm

So thankful to have you Cathy! I hope you will link up again. Off to read your blog now 🙂

~Karrilee~
    September 7, 2013 at 8:47 am

So beautiful! This painting… the Word from the Lord… you! I love it all!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..That Thing I Do Now… Vol 9

September 7, 2013 at 8:30 pm

You are a beautiful treasure in my life. Have I told you that lately?

Elizabeth
    September 7, 2013 at 9:17 am

Your painting is lovely and your words so encouraging. You are a blessing!
    Elizabeth recently posted..Colossians 1:15…

September 7, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Thanks Elizabeth. I am finding a way to use my art to encourage others. I have so many pieces of abstract art that I’ve never shared. I love asking the Lord for words for His Daughters!

Elizabeth
    September 7, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I didn’t realize you painted. I love the vibrancy of this piece.

September 7, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Thanks Elizabeth!

Beth
    September 7, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Have I told you how grateful I am for you???? Truly beautiful! Wow…your painting is amazing. The words you shared have made me cry. I’m rather emotional today. Just one of those days. I needed this though. I really needed. Bless you.
    Beth recently posted..For your Sunday

September 7, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Awe friend, I wish I could come over and sit with you, love on you and eat chocolate with you. I’ve been thinking about you this week and so thankful my words, His words, blessed you . If I could give you my shoulder I would. Sending you a great big virtual hug. I hope you can feel it.

Noreen
    September 7, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Barbie, I’ve always been touched by your paintings and this impacted me even more than previously. I love the Word you received for us and going to cherish it. May His glory fall on you as you seek to minister through the gifts He has so graciously given you!
    Hugs,
    Noreen
    Noreen recently posted..School At Nana’s House

September 7, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Thank you Noreen. So thankful that I get to use my little gift to bless others. Have a beautiful Sunday.

Linda
    September 7, 2013 at 9:06 pm

The colors in your painting are gorgeous! There is a sense of strength and a beautiful feeling of peace in that painting. And in your words. Thank you for hosting every week!
    Linda recently posted..Financially Overwhelmed?

September 7, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Thank you Linda! I appreciate you!

Gina
    September 7, 2013 at 10:27 pm

this is so beautiful barbie. i think you should sell your prints with scripture framed and on cards. they are so inspiring. love them!

September 7, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Thanks Gina! Quite a compliment coming from an artist I highly admire 🙂

Renee
    September 8, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Encouraging Words!

Thank you.
    Renee recently posted..Doing is Becoming………

September 8, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Thanks Renee! Have a blessed week!

Lea
    September 8, 2013 at 5:36 pm

You have been doubly blessed with the gift of creativity and of writing. A beautiful post Barbie!
    Lea recently posted..Lea’s Daybook – Friday, September 6th

September 8, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Thanks so much Lea! Have a lovely week.

Tracy
    September 8, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Hi Barbie, great inspiration and encouragement. I think I’m going to print this out and read it to myself every morning.
    God bless
    Tracy
    Tracy recently posted..Did I say that?

September 9, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Thanks Tracy! Praying you have a blessed week.

Melanie Wilson @psychowith6
    September 9, 2013 at 10:51 am

That is really beautiful. I don’t paint so I’m really impressed! I love the encouraging message, too! You know I need that right now. 🙂
    Melanie Wilson @psychowith6 recently posted..6 Hot Flashes from August

September 9, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Thanks so much Melanie. I paint often, in church, during worship. So privileged that I get to do this. I have no formal training and my work is abstract, 90% done with my fingers/hands. I am finding a way to bless others with my art by laying scripture text over the backgrounds. Now I know what to do with those canvasses collecting dust that aren’t hanging in my home!

Barb Raveling
    September 9, 2013 at 10:57 am

Love those words of encouragement. They’re perfect for both of us right now! And I can’t believe you painted it – you’re a great painter. That was also fun doing that little link up thing. I’ve never done that before. Will have to try it again sometime – it was easy to understand even for this non-techie.
    Barb Raveling recently posted..20 Bible Verses About Worry

September 9, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Thank you Barb. I’m a new painter, with no training. I finger paint, really. It’s the honest truth. The only one on our art team at church who paints with her hands. 🙂

Janet @ Frugal & Focused
    September 9, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Beautiful painting and words, Barbie. Thanks for sharing this encouragement.

September 9, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Thanks Janet!

Julie
    September 9, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Oh, wow, that’s a beautiful painting and words to match. So glad you shared :).
    Julie recently posted..I’m Gone

September 10, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Thank you Julie!

Barb
    September 18, 2013 at 7:00 am

Barbie,
    I stumbled upon this today after receiving your latest post. Can I just shout WOW! All week (this is only Wednesday) my heart has been heavy. I’ve asked and prayed so many of the questions that were answered in that beautiful word. I am rejoicing and resting that He hears all the details. My God is faithful to direct me to a blog that was written a week ago. He does go before us. Thank you for being a vessel open to serve Him…

Barb

September 18, 2013 at 8:01 am

Barb, I am so thankful you were blessed and encouraged! God is good!

melanje
    April 6, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I would like to thank you for this word from the Lord. Yes, I know that I am late, but it was the right time for me to see this. I just recently finished fasting for direction in my life and the impression I felt in my heart were those words, “Arise my daughter.” So I googled and here I am. Thank you so much and may the Lord continue to bless you.