Three Word Wednesday: Savor The Aroma

savoraroma

How are you today friends?  I know your initial response would be, “I’m doing fine”.  But if you felt brave enough to bare your heart and soul, how are you really feeling?

We all have days where we feel less than.  I’ve been battling a kidney infection now for four days and haven’t been able to do anything.  No laundry, cooking, cleaning. I haven’t the strength to even get off the couch.  And I’m frustrated.  I’m mad that I’m sick and unable to tend to the needs of my family.  I’m wondering if I had taken better care of myself, maybe this wouldn’t have happened.

We live in a fallen world.  There are going to be days were our circumstances are truly beyond our control.  But we have a choice in how to respond.

Even through illness, I’ve been spending a lot of time reflecting on the fact that God loves me, no matter what.  Sometimes when we can do nothing but lay around and shut ourselves off from the outside world, God seems closer.

So, how are you today friends?  I pray that you will spend some time reflecting on how much God loves you.  Savor the aroma of His love.  Breath it in.  He will never let you go, no matter what.

*I appreciate your prayers for continued healing.

1. Dana butler says:

Oh dear, Barbie! No fun! Praying for your quick healing. Bless you friend!

2. Wanda says:

I’m having one of those days I’m not feeling my best would be my honest answer. I prayer that you get to feeling better.
    Wanda recently posted..Discarded but Still Valuable

3. Amen.
    Rachel @RedeemingHer recently posted..Hello Blog!

4. Ashley says:

Yes amen! I truly needed this. I have been having such a hard time with morning sickness. I also hope you are feeling better, sweet friend. Love you!

• Barbie says:

I’ve been praying for you Ashley! I know what that is like, and with little ones. Praying God gives you strength, and the grace to let go and just bask in His embrace.

5. Natasha says:

Praying you feel better very soon dear Barbie!
    Natasha recently posted..Glory to God!!!!

6. Dayle says:

I will say a prayer for you, Barbie. God is more than able. I agree, whenever we feel under the weather, it’s a perfect time for drawing closer to God.
    Dayle recently posted..Homemade Chicken-and-Dumplings ~ Easy Peasy

7. I so hope you feel better! Your are right that our response is our choice. I just have to remember that when my day goes completely wonky like it did today. Thanks friend!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Who and Whose

8. Beth says:

Praying for you dear friend. I hope you feel better soon. If you were to ask me, yep I’d probably say I was fine. But really…I’m feeling overwhelmed and still have this looming fear. I’ve been studying a passage from Revelations 1 and find comfort here —> “Be he laid his right hand on me, saying, ‘Fear not.'”
    Love you. Praying for healing.
    Beth
    Beth recently posted..Three Word Wednesday: Trust in Him

• Barbie says:

That’s such a great passage. I know what it’s like to feel overwhelmed. Matter of fact, I live in that state too often. Praying for you too!

9. Thanks for the reminder, Barbie … and the invitation. I needed that. Nothing big battering me, really, just a steady stream of small burdens this week. I need to do some savoring. Thank you!

10. Cheri says:

Thank you, Barbie. I feel for you and am praying. On the outside things look fine, truth is I’ve been been battling recurring bladder infections and panic attacks for the past 6 weeks. It has shaken me to the core. I needed to hear this. Blessings to you!
    Cheri recently posted..Know your child and trust yourself