33 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Bloom Where You Are Planted

bloom2

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.  (Colossians 3:23 NLT)

Today I want to encourage you, my friends, to allow God to use you right where you are. You were born with unique gifts and abilities, and there is no one who can do what you were put on this earth to do.

In this world that we live in, we can become so easily dissatisfied with where we are.  I know I do.  I have to fight to keep my perspective, to look up and away from what others have, what others are doing and what I wish God had gifted me with.

Bloom where you are planted.

Are you a mama working diligently inside your home, raising littles for Christ? You matter to God.  What you do every day does not go unnoticed.  You are blessed and have such a unique opportunity to shape the lives of your children and set the spiritual tone of your home.

Are you someone who works outside the home either for necessity or pleasure? Be a light!  Maybe you don’t see your job as a blessing.  Perhaps it’s stressful. Or maybe you love what you do.  God has called you into the marketplace for this season to be a light. So shine forth His light and share His love with those around you.

Are you a student still trying to figure out your purpose in life?  Embrace this exciting season in your life.  Allow God to lead you.  Follow your heart and your dreams and stand and watch what God will do in and through you.

God has planted you right where you are today.  No matter what you are doing, be a fragrance of the living Christ to those whose lives you touch.  Bloom where you are planted!

TheWeekendBrewButtonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages. (Please only link one post. Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Dawn St Amand Paoletta
    September 13, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Great Reminder, Barbie! Hope you are feeling better SOON! Even now?
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..On Long Walks and Mercy…(5 Minute Friday)

September 14, 2013 at 12:01 am

Thank you Dawn. I am actually able to eat a little bit more tonight, without anything major happening in my body. Yes, I say we are making progress! Thanks for your prayers!

Dayle
    September 13, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Amen! We all have a place in the Kingdom. We all matter, not just those on the front lines, or the front pews. Thanks for this timely post.
    Dayle recently posted..Show Mercy ~ Receive Mercy

September 14, 2013 at 12:02 am

You’re welcome Dayle! Have a blessed weekend!

Rachael
    September 13, 2013 at 11:14 pm

I constantly struggle with feeling like I am enough. This is always a good reminder! Have a blessed weekend, Barbie
    Rachael recently posted..It is Time to Let Go

September 14, 2013 at 12:03 am

I am the queen of “I am not enough”. I need to remind myself of this too. Have a blessed weekend Rachael!

Mary
    September 14, 2013 at 2:56 am

Love your message today, a great reminder.

September 14, 2013 at 9:31 am

Thanks Mary!

Joanne Viola
    September 14, 2013 at 3:21 am

What a wonderful word here, Barbie. May we remember that where we are today may not necessarily be where we will always be. God has a way of moving us through varied stages of life. Yet where we are today, at this moment, is where we need to be. Thank you for this reminder.
    Have a great Saturday,
    Joanne
    Joanne Viola recently posted..The Random Five – 9/14/13

September 14, 2013 at 9:31 am

Great insight Joanne! Thanks for stopping by.

Carrie
    September 14, 2013 at 4:42 am

I adore the saying, “Bloom where you are planted.” It became the inspiration for one of my blogs, When Hearts Bloom. And I adore the apostle Paul’s words. If we can learn from someone who overcame, it would be Paul! Thank you so much for this gentle message today. Blessings!
    Carrie recently posted..I’ve Come Full Circle

September 14, 2013 at 9:33 am

I also think of Joseph and how God used Him! Have a blessed day Carrie!

Linda@Creekside
    September 14, 2013 at 6:23 am

I love this, Barbie, ’cause way too often we’re yearning for another time or place instead of being purely in the moment, savoring what is happening right in front of our noses!

Enjoy the weekend, friend!
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..Shout It Out!

September 14, 2013 at 9:34 am

Amen! Have a blessed day!

child of God
    September 14, 2013 at 10:09 am

Thanks for the wonderful reminder! Work for God right where you are and grow into the person He created you to be. I was fighting this one today thanks for bring me back where I need to be.

Blessings
    child of God recently posted..He Will Deliver Us

September 14, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I fight it daily! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend!

Cheri
    September 14, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Thank you for this timely reminder! Blessings, Barbie!
    Cheri recently posted..your kids need you

September 14, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Thanks for stopping in Cheri!

Heather @ A Nurse's Wildflowers
    September 14, 2013 at 6:12 pm

What a great reminder. Sometimes I think I need this reminder more than once…like everyday. I think we forget that we aren’t just in some random place at some random time. We are a flower planted by God to bloom for His glory. This fits nice with my Wildflowers post…I’ll be linking to you:)
    Heather @ A Nurse’s Wildflowers recently posted..Our first year with Asperger’s

September 14, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Looking forward to reading your post my friend!

Laurie Collett
    September 14, 2013 at 6:46 pm

The hydrangea reminds me of beautiful summers growing up in the North! Thanks for the lovely post & for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Triplets of Faith: Gospel of Grace

September 14, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Hope you’re having a great weekend Laurie!

Lea
    September 14, 2013 at 6:50 pm

OH, yes, He has planted us right where we are today and even though we may not always be happy with where we are, He has a purpose. Great post Barbie!
    Lea recently posted..Lea’s Daybook – Friday, September 13th

September 14, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Thanks Lea! Blessings!

Beth
    September 14, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Oh friend…the second note of encouragement you left for those in the workplace spoke right to my heart. I believe I may need to print those words and hang them in my office. It tends to be one of the hardest places for me to shine His light. Thank you! You are a blessing!!!
    Beth recently posted..For your Sunday

September 14, 2013 at 8:39 pm

So thankful you were blessed! Shine forth my friend!

Sharon
    September 14, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Sometimes where God plants us isn’t a bed of roses! Sometimes we’re surrounded by weeds! BUT…the Lord knows what He’s doing, and He can give pour His Living Water on us, and add some SONshine – and just watch us bloom!!

GOD BLESS!
    Sharon recently posted..NOAH’S FLOOD – 2013

September 16, 2013 at 9:58 am

AMEN! Even among weeds our lives are called to bloom. Thanks for stopping by Sharon!

Denise
    September 15, 2013 at 3:24 am

Amen Barbie! There is something special about everyone, and no matter what anyone else says, God specially created us and is very proud of who we are. It doesn’t matter if we are plain, ordinary, everyday people, He doesn’t require any special talents or requirements. The only thing He requires is for us to bloom and shine exactly where we are! 🙂

Blessings and hugs,
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..Embrace it!

September 16, 2013 at 10:00 am

Thanks for stopping by Denise! Blessings!

Positively Alene
    September 15, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Thank you for the beautiful encouragement to remember that God planted me where I am.
    Positively Alene recently posted..rest-stops for your saturday.

September 16, 2013 at 10:00 am

And you are blooming beautifully my friend!

Joan
    September 18, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Sage advice, Barbie! That’s exactly what I’m trying to do. During this season of my life, I’m not working outside of the home, my children are grown and gone, and we live in a new town and haven’t connected yet…HOWEVER, God has blessed me with a wonderful husband! I will seek to bloom as a wife who takes pleasure in loving and caring for her man. I pray that God will bless my husband through my efforts!

Trusting Him, Joan