28 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Fullness of Joy

joytree

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  (Psalm 16:11)

Joy – that which provides a feeling of great pleasure and happiness.  Deep abiding, unwavering, the kind that makes you leap, twirl and spin, laugh uncontrollably.

If I can be honest, most days I have to reach for it.  And most often it slips through my grasp as I barely hang onto it.  I don’t always wake up full of joy.  I seldom “skip through the day” without a care weighing me down.  I rarely go to bed with a sense of great pleasure.

On those days where I find myself looking for joy, I am reminded that joy has never left me; but I have chosen to run from it.

In His presence is fullness of joy.

In order for me to feel the pleasure of the Lord, I have to spend time with Him and I have to be willing to check my baggage at the door of His presence.  Yet time and time again I choose to carry the weight of my day upon my own shoulders, and before I know it there is no joy left, no pep in my step.

I desire to feel the pleasure of the Lord in my life.  I want to feel Him smiling upon me, and hear him say, “well done, My Daughter, well done.”

If I will come into His presence daily, every moment of every day, He promises to give me joy, and oh the pleasures that will be found!

How about you my friend.  Are you feeling weighted down by the cares of the world?  Let’s purpose together to run into His presence, for there we will find joy and pleasures forevermore.

TheWeekendBrewButtonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages. (Please only link one post. Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Joanne Viola
    September 21, 2013 at 3:56 am

Barbie – This post spoke to my heart because it confirmed something that crossed my mind last night…. Discussion at small group….what is abundant living? The thought running through my head as I listened while others described abundant living…… Abundant living = an abundance of Him in my life. Joy is also found as we spend time with Him. The answer to it all truly is to spend time with our Lord every day. Thank you so much for this post today!
    Blessings,
    Joanne
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Dancing, Church, Grace, Letters & Disney

September 22, 2013 at 7:46 pm

You’re welcome Joanne! Thank you for stopping by!

Linda@Creekside
    September 21, 2013 at 4:47 am

Oh Barbie … I love that all that love, joy, peace, all that luscious fruit of the Spirit never leaves! We wander, grow weary, get pre-occupied. But He remains.

Now … to reconnect with Him …
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..Secondhand Sweatshirt . . . and One Gorgeous Bird

September 22, 2013 at 7:51 pm

That’s so true. He is waiting there with open arms for us to come to Him so He can fill us with joy.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day
    September 21, 2013 at 6:17 am

We were sure on the same wave length with this post, Barbie. 🙂 Isn’t it interesting that God has every resource available to us, but it’s up to us to choose to use them. I pray that in the new week that you will have a fullness of that joy, and that you will even feel it in your ‘step.’
    [hugs]
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Fall….It’s Extraordinary! :: Apple Picking :: The Week at a Glance 9/21

September 22, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Thank you friend! I’ve been sick again this week and could sure use some joy!

Joan
    September 21, 2013 at 6:49 am

I always feel better when I choose to draw near to Him! I know this, and yet sometimes, it is difficult for me to turn from my heavy or blue mood. However, I am learning to remember that God is bigger than all our problems and He IS joy. Coming to Him and focusing purely on Him allows us to enter into His joy.

Blessings, Joan
    Joan recently posted..A Tale of Two Churches – A Place to Belong

September 22, 2013 at 7:52 pm

AMEN! Thanks for stopping by Joan!

Carrie
    September 21, 2013 at 6:51 am

Yes, I too want to be full of joy. First I must learn contentment – a long process for me! But to know the rewards are the Father telling me, “Well done”, is the supreme motivation to keep working at it! Blessings this weekend!
    Carrie recently posted..When The Lines Are Redrawn

September 22, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Oh contentment, something I am learning. Not an easy road but so necessary.

bluecottonmemory
    September 21, 2013 at 8:11 am

Sometimes joy is twirling. Sometimes its sitting quietly and smiling – in the midst of a challenge because I have decided to seek Him out, spend quality time with Him or to invite Him into the moment:) In that way, peace is a choice to me! Hoping to make those choices this weekend:) Wishing you peaceful moments – twirling and quiet!
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..Not A Blueberry Left Unpicked

September 22, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Thank you friend!

Debi @ DebiStangeland.com
    September 21, 2013 at 11:15 am

Lovely and beautiful my friend. Thank you. You ROCK!
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Psalm 66 ~ Sing Praises of His Majesty

September 22, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Thanks for stopping by Debi!

Rachael
    September 21, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I love how Psalm 27 refers to joy as a sacrifice. So many days it feels like that. David’s example of “Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle” have been my encouragement to do just that…recognize the joy of the Lord that does dwell deep within, uncover it by tossing aside all my issues and finding joy. Blessings for a joyfilled weekend to you, Barbie!
    Rachael recently posted..The “S, T and U” of Ordinary to Extraordinary

September 22, 2013 at 7:56 pm

“sacrifices of joy”, oh yes. Sometimes it is a sacrifice, isn’t it? Blessings Rachael.

June
    September 21, 2013 at 2:33 pm

So true, Barbie. We can choose JOY (my life word, BTW) Learning to be JOYful in all circumstances is a blessing indeed.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . freedom

September 22, 2013 at 7:56 pm

I have to choose it every day! Thanks for stopping by June!

Beth
    September 21, 2013 at 5:31 pm

I love how we chose the same scripture!! Love you!!
    Beth recently posted..For your Sunday

September 22, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Looking forward to reading your post!

Cassandra @ Renaissance Women
    September 21, 2013 at 7:32 pm

I open my front door early one morning this last week and felt the coolness of the autumn rain almost before I saw it. I almost wept. What I was feeling was the joyful relief that comes from surviving a brutal North Texas summer. God was very near and I was overwhelmed.

First time visitor.

God Bless You.

Cassandra from Renaissance Women
    Cassandra @ Renaissance Women recently posted..Sunday Community: Autumn Rains

September 22, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Cassandra, thank you so much for stopping by!

Meg
    September 22, 2013 at 9:45 am

Oh, I needed to hear this. This week was a rough one — a “Why have you abandoned me?” type of week. Sometimes, we have to consciously be aware that we need to seek Him – He’s there, just waiting for us.
    Meg recently posted..I am with you always, until the end.

September 22, 2013 at 7:58 pm

So true. He’s waiting with us with arms wide open! Thanks for stopping by Meg!

Laurie Collett
    September 22, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Praise God for joy in Him! Your post speaks to my heart today as I feel truly blessed by the joy He alone can bring!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Are You Sure You’re Saved?

September 22, 2013 at 7:59 pm

AMEN! He is our joy!

susan@avintagefarmwife
    September 23, 2013 at 7:17 pm

It is so hard to separate our feelings from our circumstances. You are so right that being joyful and grateful are choices. I just need to make the right ones!
    susan@avintagefarmwife recently posted..Southern Living Idea House….Part 3

September 23, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Thanks for stopping by Susan!