The Weekend Brew: Just Hold On!

Donotgrowweary

I’ve been battling this week.  Things have been a little harder….a lot harder to accomplish because I was sidelined for five days with a kidney infection.  So it is of no surprise to me that my temper and emotions are on overdrive.

Things on the homeschooling front are not going well, and I’m pressing into the Lord, asking for His wisdom in the situation.  Oh how I need to hear Him clearly.  And just when I think I want to let go and give up, He tells me to stay steady, focused, trusting Him to continue to lead and guide me through this process.  I can hear Him say, “Just Hold on!”

He promises that if I will not give up, I will reap a harvest of blessing.  And that’s what I want to leave behind me, a harvest ripe and plentiful, overflowing with His love and goodness. Sometimes I don’t feel like that mom.  I am tired, weary, angry, frustrated, mean, careless, lazy, inattentive, uncooperative, and the list goes on. How does this weary mom continue to hang on when she’s about at the end of her rope?

The Lord has been teaching me through the story of the woman with the issue of blood (Mark 5:25-29), that I simply must choose to believe that He is right here in front of me.  He’s never left my side. No matter how hard it gets, through clenched fists and biting of tongue, He remains. All I need to do is reach out and touch the hem of His garment and I will sense His power and strength once again.

Are you weary today friends?  Are you wondering if the good you are doing is truly making a difference?  Keep going.  Reach out for the hem of His garment and allow Him to fill you up again. In due time, you will reap that harvest of blessing.

TheWeekendBrewButtonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages. (Please only link one post. Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

1. Jennifer says:

I’m praying for you, Barbie. A word the Lord gave me last week, and I have used on my blog is…
    1 Corinthians 16:13
    Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. (N.K.J.V.)
    Be brave, be strong, girl! I hope you have a great weekend!
    Jennifer recently posted..Five Minute Friday: True

2. Denise says:

Wishing you God’s strength and grace to carry you through Barbie; your days will be clear and brighter soon dear friend!
    Denise recently posted..Think Happy!

3. Nicole says:

Beautiful image – and I needed to hear the message as well. We are having financial difficulties at this time, but I’m focusing that it is a season and God is telling me to not give up and to hold on as well, I know this season will come to an end.

Blessings,
    Nicole @ WKH
    Nicole recently posted..Saturday Rest: Seasons

4. Joanne Viola says:

Good Morning Barbie –
    Before commenting, I prayed for God to encourage your heart. I posted on that same verse in Galatians yesterday. So your post truly reiterated for me the very thought which I had yesterday which was – Don’t lose heart. I love when He works this way. So thank you for sharing this today. May the days ahead get easier as you hold onto the One Who is holding onto you!!!
    ~~Joanne~~
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Random Five: 9/28/13

5. Natasha says:

Keeping you in prayer dear Barbie! Just hold on dear sister!!!!
    Love,
    Natasha
    Natasha recently posted..The Weekend Brew- New beginnings

6. Barbie, your words spoke to my heart this morning. Thank you.
    As I was catching up and reading a few past posts I’m keenly aware of what an amazing writer you have become. God is doing a great work in you. 🙂
    An aside… I’m not sure that it matters if “I” see that my work is making a difference. Sometimes that is a helpful perspective for me. I’m learning that what matters is that I am faithful and obedient to HIM, to honor and glorify HIM in all I say and do. (And really…that’s the biggest challenge.) Hope I made sense as I am so tired at the moment. 😉
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Autumn Bliss Giveaway :: The Week at a Glance 9/28

• Barbie says:

Diane, you totally made sense! As a blogger, it’s hard to stay balanced, when I know deep down that as long as what I am doing is used for His glory, that’s all that truly matters. As a mom, sometimes I get to a point where a little affirmation and encouragement would go a long way. Last week was one of those weeks. Thanks for your constant encouragement!

7. kaseyparr99 says:

Barbie,
    Your words bring much encouragement to so many. Keep hanging on to His hem. May healing and renewed strength come to you soon. Blessings, Kasey

8. Praying for you this morning, Barbie. Hugs
    Lyli@ 3-D Lessons for Life recently posted..Supernatural Highway

9. Praying for you and the homeschooling. He will honor your faithfulness. Thanks for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Triplets of Faith: Everlasting Gospel

10. I am stepping up my prayers for you, right now! Oh Barbie, what encouraging words come through your heart…it saddens me to hear that things are not going well with home school. But perhaps that is partially due to your physical health and very busy schedule this past week…May the one who called you remind you of His faithfulness and lead you according to His good and perfect will concerning you and your daughter. You know I relate…
    praying. Hugs. Please give yourself grace…and cranberry juice…in abundance! Be well.
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Welcome to The 31 Days of Fitting in Fitness (October 1-31)

11. ~ linda says:

Oh, Barbie, how often I have reached for that hem and have ALWAYS found it, found Him. I am praying for you as you walk with Him and know that He is with you.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda
    ~ linda recently posted..I Do Not Know, Yet He Does

12. You are so faithful to encourage even in the midst of your weariness. Thank you for your transparency in that you are struggling! Praying for you, and hang onto that hem – cling.
    Jamie S. Harper recently posted..FMF: True

13. Carrie says:

I’m sorry to hear about your illness! I pray you’re feeling better soon! Homeschooling can be tough and overwhelming. How wise of you to turn to Him in the challenges and listen to His will! Thank you for sharing because you’ll encourage many.
    Carrie recently posted..Building A Strong Present Spirit

14. Melissa B says:

Sending you prayers, hope you are doing better.
    Melissa B recently posted..Book Tour and Review: “A Seaside Christmas” by Sherryl Woods

15. Barbie, I am all too familiar with those feelings. You are not alone. When we get overwhelmed in life–especially with an illness–our defenses are down and our spiritual immune system is under attack. I’m so glad you are reaching out for the hem of His garment to receive the power that flows from Him alone. Jesus will comfort you, give you rest, and restore while He stands beside you, whispering ideas to help you along the way.
    Praying for you.
    Blessings,
    Janis
    Janis@Heart-Filled Moments recently posted..Has Your Prayer Life Hit the Road Ruts?

16. P.S. Barbie~I love your photo. So rich in Autumn colors. It lifted my spirits as soon as I saw it.
    Janis

17. Believing – really, really believing – that makes all the difference:) Hope you feel better soon – hope your home schooling challenges turn a corner – He knows – He is not surprised:) Standing with you in your belief!
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..Designed to Reach and the Value of She

18. Lea says:

Barbie, so sorry you have been under the weather. Do take care of yourself.

I applaud any and all Mother’s who homeschool. It is not something that I would have pursued with my children. Hang in there and never forget that HE is faithful and will see you through. Hugs to you!
    Lea recently posted..Five on Friday – Dallas to Dodge City

• Barbie says:

Thanks Lea. I never intended to pursue it either, especially working full time. Call me called and crazy! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend.

19. June says:

I pray you’re feeling better. Have a restful weekend. May He strengthen and encourage you for the week ahead. Blessings.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . freedom

20. Donna says:

Praying for your healing. Thanks for being a blessing to many.
    Donna recently posted..Good Samaritan

21. Beth says:

Oh, yes, I feel weary but this has blessed me tremendously today. THANK YOU!! Praying for you.
    Blessings,
    Beth
    Beth recently posted..For your Sunday

22. Barbie,
    This is beautiful…Yes, to keep going to Him, and to believe as we hold on…praying God will continue to sustain you, my friend …hugs to you 🙂

23. Geneva says:

What an encouraging post Barbie … Thank you for being so transparent and true!
    Blessings!