42 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: Just Hold On!

Donotgrowweary

I’ve been battling this week.  Things have been a little harder….a lot harder to accomplish because I was sidelined for five days with a kidney infection.  So it is of no surprise to me that my temper and emotions are on overdrive.

Things on the homeschooling front are not going well, and I’m pressing into the Lord, asking for His wisdom in the situation.  Oh how I need to hear Him clearly.  And just when I think I want to let go and give up, He tells me to stay steady, focused, trusting Him to continue to lead and guide me through this process.  I can hear Him say, “Just Hold on!”

He promises that if I will not give up, I will reap a harvest of blessing.  And that’s what I want to leave behind me, a harvest ripe and plentiful, overflowing with His love and goodness. Sometimes I don’t feel like that mom.  I am tired, weary, angry, frustrated, mean, careless, lazy, inattentive, uncooperative, and the list goes on. How does this weary mom continue to hang on when she’s about at the end of her rope?

The Lord has been teaching me through the story of the woman with the issue of blood (Mark 5:25-29), that I simply must choose to believe that He is right here in front of me.  He’s never left my side. No matter how hard it gets, through clenched fists and biting of tongue, He remains. All I need to do is reach out and touch the hem of His garment and I will sense His power and strength once again.

Are you weary today friends?  Are you wondering if the good you are doing is truly making a difference?  Keep going.  Reach out for the hem of His garment and allow Him to fill you up again. In due time, you will reap that harvest of blessing.

TheWeekendBrewButtonNow it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages. (Please only link one post. Multiple posts from the same site will be deleted.)
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

Jennifer
    September 28, 2013 at 3:01 am

I’m praying for you, Barbie. A word the Lord gave me last week, and I have used on my blog is…
    1 Corinthians 16:13
    Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. (N.K.J.V.)
    Be brave, be strong, girl! I hope you have a great weekend!
    Jennifer recently posted..Five Minute Friday: True

September 28, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Thank you Jennifer! I am feeling so much better. Have a lovely weekend!

Denise
    September 28, 2013 at 3:34 am

Wishing you God’s strength and grace to carry you through Barbie; your days will be clear and brighter soon dear friend!
    Denise recently posted..Think Happy!

September 28, 2013 at 11:15 pm

AMEN! I am already thinking clearer! Have a lovely tomorrow.

Nicole
    September 28, 2013 at 5:16 am

Beautiful image – and I needed to hear the message as well. We are having financial difficulties at this time, but I’m focusing that it is a season and God is telling me to not give up and to hold on as well, I know this season will come to an end.

Blessings,
    Nicole @ WKH
    Nicole recently posted..Saturday Rest: Seasons

September 28, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I’ve so been there Nicole, and in many ways we still are. God always provides! Thank you for stopping by!

Joanne Viola
    September 28, 2013 at 5:18 am

Good Morning Barbie –
    Before commenting, I prayed for God to encourage your heart. I posted on that same verse in Galatians yesterday. So your post truly reiterated for me the very thought which I had yesterday which was – Don’t lose heart. I love when He works this way. So thank you for sharing this today. May the days ahead get easier as you hold onto the One Who is holding onto you!!!
    ~~Joanne~~
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Random Five: 9/28/13

September 28, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Thank you Joanne! You are such a blessing!

Natasha
    September 28, 2013 at 6:15 am

Keeping you in prayer dear Barbie! Just hold on dear sister!!!!
    Love,
    Natasha
    Natasha recently posted..The Weekend Brew- New beginnings

September 28, 2013 at 11:19 pm

Thank you Natasha! Praying you’e had a blessed weekend!

Diane | An Extraordinary Day
    September 28, 2013 at 6:37 am

Barbie, your words spoke to my heart this morning. Thank you.
    As I was catching up and reading a few past posts I’m keenly aware of what an amazing writer you have become. God is doing a great work in you. 🙂
    An aside… I’m not sure that it matters if “I” see that my work is making a difference. Sometimes that is a helpful perspective for me. I’m learning that what matters is that I am faithful and obedient to HIM, to honor and glorify HIM in all I say and do. (And really…that’s the biggest challenge.) Hope I made sense as I am so tired at the moment. 😉
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Autumn Bliss Giveaway :: The Week at a Glance 9/28

September 28, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Diane, you totally made sense! As a blogger, it’s hard to stay balanced, when I know deep down that as long as what I am doing is used for His glory, that’s all that truly matters. As a mom, sometimes I get to a point where a little affirmation and encouragement would go a long way. Last week was one of those weeks. Thanks for your constant encouragement!

kaseyparr99
    September 28, 2013 at 7:18 am

Barbie,
    Your words bring much encouragement to so many. Keep hanging on to His hem. May healing and renewed strength come to you soon. Blessings, Kasey

September 28, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Thank you so much Kasey! I appreciate you!

Lyli@ 3-D Lessons for Life
    September 28, 2013 at 9:30 am

Praying for you this morning, Barbie. Hugs
    Lyli@ 3-D Lessons for Life recently posted..Supernatural Highway

September 28, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I appreciate your prayers Lylie!

Laurie Collett
    September 28, 2013 at 11:04 am

Praying for you and the homeschooling. He will honor your faithfulness. Thanks for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Triplets of Faith: Everlasting Gospel

September 28, 2013 at 11:22 pm

He is faithful. Thanks for the reminder to stay faithful.

Dawn St Amand Paoletta
    September 28, 2013 at 11:23 am

I am stepping up my prayers for you, right now! Oh Barbie, what encouraging words come through your heart…it saddens me to hear that things are not going well with home school. But perhaps that is partially due to your physical health and very busy schedule this past week…May the one who called you remind you of His faithfulness and lead you according to His good and perfect will concerning you and your daughter. You know I relate…
    praying. Hugs. Please give yourself grace…and cranberry juice…in abundance! Be well.
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Welcome to The 31 Days of Fitting in Fitness (October 1-31)

September 28, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Thanks Dawn! It is truly a hard season. I am praying things will turn in the next week or so. Please keep those prayers coming.

~ linda
    September 28, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Oh, Barbie, how often I have reached for that hem and have ALWAYS found it, found Him. I am praying for you as you walk with Him and know that He is with you.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda
    ~ linda recently posted..I Do Not Know, Yet He Does

September 28, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Linda, you encourage my heart! Thank you.

Jamie S. Harper
    September 28, 2013 at 2:05 pm

You are so faithful to encourage even in the midst of your weariness. Thank you for your transparency in that you are struggling! Praying for you, and hang onto that hem – cling.
    Jamie S. Harper recently posted..FMF: True

September 28, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Holding on, with both hands! Thanks Jamie!

Carrie
    September 28, 2013 at 2:11 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your illness! I pray you’re feeling better soon! Homeschooling can be tough and overwhelming. How wise of you to turn to Him in the challenges and listen to His will! Thank you for sharing because you’ll encourage many.
    Carrie recently posted..Building A Strong Present Spirit

September 28, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I am feeling so much better Carrie! I know God will carry me through the homeschooling challenges. Blessings!

Melissa B
    September 28, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Sending you prayers, hope you are doing better.
    Melissa B recently posted..Book Tour and Review: “A Seaside Christmas” by Sherryl Woods

September 28, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Thanks Melissa!

Janis@Heart-Filled Moments
    September 28, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Barbie, I am all too familiar with those feelings. You are not alone. When we get overwhelmed in life–especially with an illness–our defenses are down and our spiritual immune system is under attack. I’m so glad you are reaching out for the hem of His garment to receive the power that flows from Him alone. Jesus will comfort you, give you rest, and restore while He stands beside you, whispering ideas to help you along the way.
    Praying for you.
    Blessings,
    Janis
    Janis@Heart-Filled Moments recently posted..Has Your Prayer Life Hit the Road Ruts?

September 28, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Janis, this was so refreshing for my heart. Thank you for your encouraging words!

Janis@Heart-Filled Moments
    September 28, 2013 at 5:12 pm

P.S. Barbie~I love your photo. So rich in Autumn colors. It lifted my spirits as soon as I saw it.
    Janis

September 28, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Thanks Janis! It is actually a stock photo, not my own, sadly. Blessings!

bluecottonmemory
    September 28, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Believing – really, really believing – that makes all the difference:) Hope you feel better soon – hope your home schooling challenges turn a corner – He knows – He is not surprised:) Standing with you in your belief!
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..Designed to Reach and the Value of She

September 28, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Thank you so much! I appreciate your prayers and encouragement!

Lea
    September 28, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Barbie, so sorry you have been under the weather. Do take care of yourself.

I applaud any and all Mother’s who homeschool. It is not something that I would have pursued with my children. Hang in there and never forget that HE is faithful and will see you through. Hugs to you!
    Lea recently posted..Five on Friday – Dallas to Dodge City

September 28, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Thanks Lea. I never intended to pursue it either, especially working full time. Call me called and crazy! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend.

June
    September 28, 2013 at 8:00 pm

I pray you’re feeling better. Have a restful weekend. May He strengthen and encourage you for the week ahead. Blessings.
    June recently posted..Inspired by . . . freedom

September 28, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Thanks so much June! I feeling so much better.

Donna
    September 29, 2013 at 4:52 am

Praying for your healing. Thanks for being a blessing to many.
    Donna recently posted..Good Samaritan

Beth
    September 29, 2013 at 11:35 am

Oh, yes, I feel weary but this has blessed me tremendously today. THANK YOU!! Praying for you.
    Blessings,
    Beth
    Beth recently posted..For your Sunday

Dolly@Soulstops
    September 29, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Barbie,
    This is beautiful…Yes, to keep going to Him, and to believe as we hold on…praying God will continue to sustain you, my friend …hugs to you 🙂

Geneva
    September 29, 2013 at 2:07 pm

What an encouraging post Barbie … Thank you for being so transparent and true!
    Blessings!