Day 11: Fountain Of Life And Giver of Light

fountain_of_life

See the eyes again? I am telling you, one day I will be famous, known as the girl who paints abstract eyes with her hands!

This painting speaks to me of light.  The more I reflected on the word light, the more I was drawn to Jesus.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)

Jesus is the light of truth and in His presence there is a fountain of life that will never end.

Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling!  (Psalm 43:3)

We cannot see the light without first receiving Jesus, the light of truth.  His light enables us to see the light of eternity.  So again I pray, “Lord, open my eyes.  I want to see you.  Show me the light of Your truth that I might see your light and experience your life.”

*This painting was done entirely with my hands.

31DaysOfArtAndInspirationButtonThis is Day 11 of 31 Days of Art & Inspiration.  Click here to read all posts in this series.

Looking for more awesome 31 Day posts to read?  Head over to The Nester’s blog where you will find hundreds of other bloggers linking up in a variety of topics.

1. Natasha says:

Barbie this painting is awesome!!!! What a wonderful gift He has given to you and it shines for His glory!!!! Love and blessings to you xoxo
    Natasha recently posted..Five Minute Friday- Ordinary

2. Jennifer says:

Your paintings are so beautiful. I love coming to see them every day! You have such amazing gifts! Keep striving for all God has for you. God bless you!
    Jennifer recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Ordinary

• Barbie says:

Thank you for your constant encouragement my friend. I miss you. I am a little behind reading the thousands of blogs I try to follow. But I am making you my priority this weekend!

3. Missy says:

This painting is gorgeous and speaks to me of light in the midst of stormy surroundings. Psalm 43:3 is so hope filled!
    Missy recently posted..Swine Aeronautics

4. Can I get your phone number and call you and tell you how much I love your painted eyes and art.. Just teasing, but maybe not. I’m just so thrilled to see the creations you make and how they point to our Creator. LOVE THEM! And I hope you do become famous for doing His work with your hands. After all, your hands are His. Keep on, keeping on..
    Tiffany Stuart recently posted..Free to Create

• Barbie says:

Tiffany, you are such a joy. I would gladly give you my number. Perhaps I’ll message it to you on FB. I need more blog friends to text and enjoy life with. But never any pressure to call or text back. 🙂

5. ~Karrilee~ says:

Gorgeous – once again… as always! I love this! Pray for me this weekend? I am leading worship with my hubby tomorrow – I will be praying and painting… he will be singing… this type of worship service is still new around here and my heart is to invite others to come up and join me! Believing God will draw and give boldness! (I painted again yesterday – getting ‘backgrounds’ done ahead of time! Thanks again for all the inspiration, friend!)
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Ordinary God Encounters – Day 11 (Five MInute Friday)

• Barbie says:

Girl, I am so excited for you. I just know God is going to use you, your husband and your offerings to change lives. I remember one time I walked by a painting someone had done in church and instantly received a heart healing. I am so proud of you, for taking this step. And of course I want to see all of your art work!

6. Amen! My friend, what beautiful artwork you create! I’m impressed! Not only are you talented with words, you are also talented with color and light. I love how you combine the two gifts. Simply beautiful!
    Alicia The Snowflake recently posted..Day 10: The Results of Change