Day 14: He Calms The Sea

This painting speaks of God’s love and peace in the midst of the raging sea.  The pink represents the love of God, which never leaves us, even in the midst of a storm.  The love of God overwhelms any threat of rising flood waters and has the ability to subdue them.

When surrounded by storms, we can rest assured that this same God who created the sea has the authority to still the flood waters.  This same God of peace who rules over the raging sea, is the God of peace who rules and reigns in our hearts.

Are you going through a stormy season my friend?  Do you sense the flood waters rising? Be confident of this on thing: God is able to still the storm and restore peace to your heart.

*This painting was done entirely with my hands.

31DaysOfArtAndInspirationButtonThis is Day 14 of 31 Days of Art & Inspiration.  Click here to read all posts in this series.

Looking for more awesome 31 Day posts to read?  Head over to The Nester’s blog where you will find hundreds of other bloggers linking up in a variety of topics.

Also linked up with my friend Joan today here:

1. Barb, this is so beautiful. I’m at a loss for words to describe how this pulls me in. The colors, the flow, the Scripture. Yes, I’ve been in many storms. The sea is somewhat quiet today–at peace. For this, I give thanks to the Lord.
    Janis@Heart-Filled Moments recently posted..Watching and Waiting

2. Beth says:

Agreeing with Janis! I’d love to be able to stand and stare at your paintings in person. Every single one is beautiful and I love how you’ve perfectly paired scripture with them. Blessings to you friend.
    Beth recently posted..Three Word Wednesday: A Guest Post

• Barbie says:

Thank you Beth. This series has truly helped me to realize the gift that God has put inside of me. I painted a new one last weekend. I can’t wait until it comes up in the que!

3. Wanda says:

What a perfect scripture and lovely painting to keep before us in the midst of stormy days.
    Wanda recently posted..Book Review Programs for Blogger Newbies, Part 2

4. traci beeson says:

beautiful painting (as always) and just l.o.v.e. the words you wrote to go with it. <3
    traci beeson recently posted..weekend happies

5. Rosann says:

Barbie, I LOVE the colors and design of this painting and I love the writing and reflection you chose to go with it. I can totally see this hanging on my wall. 🙂 You need an etsy shop, girl!
    Rosann recently posted..3 Ways to Reignite Sexual Passion in a Financially Stressed-Out Marriage

• Barbie says:

Oh Rosann, I’ve thought about the Esty shop and just don’t know how to do it. Besides, I am scared to do it! Perhaps after the book is written I’ll make that my project! Any help you can give in that regard would be greatly appreciated.

6. Natasha says:

Praise God He is always there! Barbie your paintings are such a gift from God! Once the home renovation is done, I will print the downloads and will put them up on my walls…I am so blessed and honored to have met you!!! Blessings my dear friend!
    Natasha recently posted..Yet will I praise Thee – 31 Days of Inner Renovation

• Barbie says:

Thank you Natasha! You are a blessing. And my prints will be available through the month of October. If your home is ready after that, just let me know and I will send them your way!

7. Love the idea that God is with us even in the crashing waves. The devotional I read today explained why I’ve been feeling anxious: I’m envisioning a future without Jesus. Your painting will help me to fix that. Thanks, Barbie. Hope you’re being blessed today.
    Melanie Wilson @psychowith6 recently posted..How to Get More Prayers Answered