18 In Inspired Art

Day 15: Create In Me A Clean Heart

CleanHeart

This is one of my favorite paintings which is why I also chose it as the background to my series button!  I edited this particular image to enhance the fire around the heart.

This painting represents a heart on fire, overcome by God’s love and bursting with life.  I want to remain this way and so my heart’s cry is for Him to make my heart clean before Him. Only God can take my heart and make it new, an acceptable offering to be used for His glory.

*This painting was done entirely with my hands.

31DaysOfArtAndInspirationButtonThis is Day 15 of 31 Days of Art & Inspiration.  Click here to read all posts in this series.

Looking for more awesome 31 Day posts to read?  Head over to The Nester’s blog where you will find hundreds of other bloggers linking up in a variety of topics.

Mary
    October 15, 2013 at 1:41 am

Barbie, I catching up on my blog reading. Your paintings are amazing! How big are they? Do you sell prints? The scripture passage goes so beautifully with the painting. You are obviously very talented!
    Mary recently posted..Why isn’t ordinary enough?

October 15, 2013 at 8:20 am

Hi Mary! Most of the paintings are on 18×20 canvas. I would like to sell them, but trying to figure out if I should just have a “store” tab on my blog and sell through PayPal. I did have a Etsy store early on, but that never got off the ground.

I am offering FREE ones during October. Go to both of my Weekend Brew posts and you will find them if you want them!

Thanks for stopping by!

Zohary
    October 15, 2013 at 8:40 am

So beautiful Barbie! Thanks for sharing your amazing gift with us this month!

child of God
    October 15, 2013 at 9:39 am

Beautiful! I love these colours and the verse matches wonderfully.
    Blessings hon.
    child of God recently posted..Labour Of Love

Dalia
    October 15, 2013 at 10:05 am

Love this one Barbie!! It’s beautiful and so is the message. You should consider cards too along with canvas art. A tab above is worth a try.

October 15, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Thanks Dalia! You mean a tab on my Nav Bar directly to purchase?

Dalia
        October 15, 2013 at 7:32 pm

October 16, 2013 at 12:05 am

Definately something to think about!

susan@avintagefarmwife
    October 15, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Wow! You paint with actual paint, too, not just with your words? You are so talented! I long for a clean heart, too. Sometimes mine isn’t so spotless.
    susan@avintagefarmwife recently posted..Thank you Zeke and Camille

October 16, 2013 at 12:05 am

Oh my heart needs a good scrub every day! Thanks for stopping by today Susan!

Tiffany Stuart
    October 15, 2013 at 7:25 pm

The fire of His love surrounds your heart. xo
    Tiffany Stuart recently posted..Free to Fail

October 16, 2013 at 12:06 am

I appreciate you Tiffany!

Alicia The Snowflake
    October 17, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I keep looking at each of your paintings and saying this one is my favorite. I love them all. But I do think this is the one I love the most so far. It’s been the scripture on my heart lately too. May God create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me. That is work that only the Heavenly Father can do!

October 17, 2013 at 7:25 pm

AMEN! I so agree. We cannot clean ourselves up. But He can! Have a blessed weekend.

Amanda {A Royal Daughter}
    October 17, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Barbie this is absolutely beautiful. How can I get a copy? Do you have a shop?
    Amanda {A Royal Daughter} recently posted..Questions

October 17, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Thank you Amanda. I am overwhelmed at the response that I am receiving regarding my art. I’ve been doing this for five years and just now getting it out there. I do not have a shop, yet. But, if you let me know what size you want, I can let you know how much and you can pay me through PayPal. Some of the prints were not taken with a quality camera so I will make sure quality for size of print is top notch before sending. You let me know!

I hope to open a shop after the first of the year. I’d do it now, but am finalizing my first ebook, due to come out early December! 🙂

Heather @ A Nurse's Wildflowers
    October 20, 2013 at 6:53 pm

I love all of your paintings put this one is my favorite! You have a very unique style and use the color beautifully. I love it!
    Heather @ A Nurse’s Wildflowers recently posted..Homeschool Week 7 2013

October 20, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Thank you so much Heather! I enjoy using my hands to glorify the Lord in this way. Thanks for stopping by!