18 In Inspired Art

Day 16: In The Shelter Of His Wings

shelter_of_his_wings(2)

I love this painting.  I have a fascination with the angelic and even though I didn’t see an angel with my human eye while painting this, I love that when I stepped back, I could clearly see what appears to be angel wings. I’ve shared this painting before here.  One thing I love about abstract art is that there can be more than one interpretation for it.  In my last post, this painting reflected a word to His Daughters to Arise!  Here, it reminds me of the enormity of our God, how big He is.  It is comforting to know that when we are faced with trouble, God promises to cover us with His wings and protect us with His promises.

*This painting was done entirely with my hands.

31DaysOfArtAndInspirationButtonThis is Day 16 of 31 Days of Art & Inspiration.  Click here to read all posts in this series.

Looking for more awesome 31 Day posts to read?  Head over to The Nester’s blog where you will find hundreds of other bloggers linking up in a variety of topics.

Jamie S Harper
    October 16, 2013 at 12:33 am

So lovely. It reminds me of a dove.
    Jamie S Harper recently posted..Day 15: Decluttering

October 16, 2013 at 7:59 am

I see the dove too! Thanks for stopping by Jamie!

Beth
    October 16, 2013 at 3:53 am

I love this!!!! This may be my favorite so far. I love all of them but this one and the scripture you’ve paired it with…BEAUTIFUL! Oh how I’d love to have this hanging in my home. Love you. I’m so glad God gifted you with this amazing talent.
    Beth recently posted..Three Word Wednesday: Let Hope In

October 16, 2013 at 7:59 am

You bless me! So thankful for our friendship!

Kim@Stuffcould...
    October 16, 2013 at 6:31 am

So peaceful…I see the wings
    Kim@Stuffcould… recently posted..Cancer Gives Perspective

October 16, 2013 at 8:00 am

Thanks for stopping by Kim!

child of God
    October 16, 2013 at 8:46 am

This work of yours is so beautiful and filled with His Spirit! I am so happy you are you for if you were different you wouldn’t be able to paint like this. Broken, stay broken in His arms.

Blessings.
    child of God recently posted..World Hunger Awareness

October 16, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Yes! Broken in His arms I will remain. Bless you my dear friend.

Lea
    October 16, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Yes, I agree, it does remind me of a Dove as well. I love the colors in the piece. And, today I need the shelter of his wings. Thanks for always being inspiring!
    Lea recently posted..Wednesday Hodgepodge

October 16, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Thankful you were encouraged. Praying for the Shelter of His Wings to overwhelm you. Blessings!

Heather McCool
    October 16, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Oh Barbie, this is totally my favorite so far! I’m a big fan of blue (it seems like God’s color in the bible, like the blue on the prayer shall, His throne being Sapphire, etc). And the first thing I saw was rain, falling around wings reading for lift off. Like He is raining down His blessings and encouraging us to fly… Love how He uses your hands!
    Heather McCool recently posted..Different

October 16, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Heather, I love your interpretation of the painting. Praying you’re having a blessed week!

Ashley
    October 16, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Your paintings give me goosebumps, you are so talented. Loving your 31 days, my lovely friend.
    Ashley recently posted..Broken Pieces

October 16, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Thank you Ashley!

Janis@Heart-Filled Moments
    October 16, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Hi Barbie, I just had to come back to see what you had painted for today. I’m so glad I did because it is simply beautiful. I see His strong wings sheltering me and all in the beautiful celestial colors I love. The translation you used for this Scripture was great!
    Blessings, Janis
    Janis@Heart-Filled Moments recently posted..Watching and Waiting

October 16, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Thanks so much Janis! So thankful you were blessed!

Kimberly
    October 17, 2013 at 11:26 am

This is one of my favorites you have posted so far, Barbie! I love the colors and the wings. I, too, thought of a dove when I first looked at it. Simply beautiful!
    Kimberly recently posted..{Day 16} A Simple Call to Praise

traci beeson
    October 18, 2013 at 8:14 am

beautiful, barbie!! psalm 91:4 has been showing up everywhere for me lately – i just love it when God does that! =)
    traci beeson recently posted..no shadow of turning {& a giveaway winner}