8 In Inspired Art

Day 18: Rain Down Righteousness

rain_down_righteousness

Another thing I love about abstract art is when you turn the canvas any of the four directions, you get a completely different view.  This canvas was actually painted the opposite direction, but when I was finished I felt what was on the bottom needed to be on top.  I love how there appears to be a portal, an open heaven at the top, where there appears to be rain the color of fire flowing down from heaven, which represent righteousness raining down on the earth.

*This painting was done 90% with my hands.

31DaysOfArtAndInspirationButtonThis is Day 18 of 31 Days of Art & Inspiration.  Click here to read all posts in this series.

Looking for more awesome 31 Day posts to read?  Head over to The Nester’s blog where you will find hundreds of other bloggers linking up in a variety of topics.

~Karrilee~
    October 18, 2013 at 11:47 am

I LOVE that portal! So cool!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Encountering God in the piles of Laundry… Five Minute Friday

October 19, 2013 at 12:30 am

Thank you my friend!

Dayle
    October 18, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Yes, I was thinking the exact thing … how there appears to be an opening in the heavens, raining down goodness from above. Beautiful!
    Dayle recently posted..Postcards from the Road ~ Vista Point

October 19, 2013 at 12:30 am

Thanks for stopping by Dayle!

Mia
    October 19, 2013 at 12:02 am

Dear Barbie
    When I saw your painting it was exactly what I thought it represents; the abundant never ending love, grace, mercy and compassion of our Pappa. I hope to show some of my artwork at my blog one of these days!
    Blessings and love to you XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Heaven’s Launderer

October 19, 2013 at 12:30 am

I would love to see your art Mia!

Rosann
    October 19, 2013 at 11:48 am

Oooh….another really awesome painting! 🙂 The open heaven at the top sort of made me think of a storm cloud rolling in, but that it’s small so there’s hope that it won’t be there forever. And then the blue to the side is kind of like the reminder of heaven and blessings even during the storm. Just my initial heart response when I looked at it… 🙂
    Rosann recently posted..Thank You, God, for Growing My Faith

October 19, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I love your interpretation of the painting. That’s why I love abstract art. I may have an idea of what I see and what it means, but it can really be something completely different to someone else.