Day 2: You Are The God Who Sees Me

You_are_the_God_who_sees

I was captivated by the eye in this painting.  I didn’t try to paint an eye, but this is often what happens when I paint.  The Holy Spirit just takes over and does what He desires in and through me.

As a person who struggles with feeling as if I’m not seen, this painting has particular personal significance.

Don’t ever forget, my friends, that He is the God who sees you.  You do not go unnoticed by the King of Kings!

*This painting was done entirely with my hands.

31DaysOfArtAndInspirationButtonThis is Day 2 of 31 Days of Art & Inspiration.  Click here to read all posts in this series.

Looking for more awesome 31 Day posts to read?  Head over to The Nester’s blog where you will find hundreds of other bloggers linking up in a variety of topics.

1. Mary says:

Feeling Blessed!
    Mary recently posted..A Reservoir

2. Jennifer says:

Yes! He is the God who sees! Beautiful. And you are a gifted painter!!!
    Jennifer recently posted..31 Days to Surviving the Battle:Taking Action (Day 3)

3. Oh Barbie! Wow, Wow, Wow! Blessed by the combination of art and message. Oh you keep this up, God so blesses us with our gifts and then allows the blessing to pour over onto others!
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Head Games: The Body Image Trap

4. Beth says:

You are amazing!! Your painting is beautiful but also how in a few simple words you encourage more than you know. Love you.
    Beth recently posted..Three Word Wednesday: An Honest Heart

5. Wanda says:

The center of the eye of the painting really drew my attention. You coupled it with the perfect verse. I’ve often felt as if overlooked but your words bring me encouragement today. It’s amazing that in a world filled with people, God’s eyes are ever on us.
    Wanda recently posted..To Label or Not

6. Missy says:

He does see! Oh, how He does see us.
    Missy recently posted..Why I’m Not Participating in 31 Days Of…

7. ~Karrilee~ says:

Amazing! (You are causing me to want to get out my paints, my friend – and yet I have all this writing to do?) 😉
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Early Encounters with God (Day 2)

8. Ashley says:

I love this picture, and I can very much understand the meaning you are talking about. Bless you, sweet sister. You ARE seen, and loved.
    Ashley recently posted..Sharing Your Story Out Loud

9. AJ Collins says:

Beautiful Barbie!! 🙂 Can’t wait to see all you come up with. Love the art and scripture together. This is one of the memory verses my kids and I are working on! 🙂
    AJ Collins recently posted..What can man do to me? {Fear 2 – Psalm 118:6}

• Barbie says:

Thank you AJ! I remember the day this verse really hit me, brought it all home that there really is a God who cares, knows me and SEES ME! Blessings!

10. Lori Harris says:

Oh. My. WORD.
    YOU have a gift, friend.
    A GIFT.
    Love that I get to see it!
    Lori Harris recently posted..How to Change Your World {31 Days to Simply Be}

• Barbie says:

Lori, thank you for your encouragement. I really felt God wanted to stretch me by putting my art out there for all to see. 🙂

11. traci beeson says:

so blessed by this, sweet barbie!! <3 i always love when you write longer posts, too, but i've been especially loving the way you so powerfully encourage short posts these last few days. such a gift. He is the God Who sees, and He sees exactly what we need to hear (read) each day, and for me that is often your posts – keep it up, friend!!!!
    traci beeson recently posted..you are not forgotten

12. traci beeson says:

oh AND (somehow forgot to add it to the previous comment, lol) the way you let the Holy Spirit paint through you sounds just like the way my sister paints. 🙂 her best paintings happen when she has no idea what she’s about to paint but feels God telling her to paint anyway, so she does, trusting the Holy Spirit to guide her paintbrush. it’s so awesome and such powerful encouragement knowing the “behind-the-scenes” of each painting!!
    traci beeson recently posted..you are not forgotten

13. Wow, I love this piece too. I should email you a photo of the eye I took from a tree trunk. This reminds of that pic and now I see even more. Yes, GOD sees me and YOU!
    Tiffany Stuart recently posted..Free From Comparison