Day 5: Be Exalted Above The Heavens

Be_Exalted

This was one of the first paintings I ever did with my hands.  I am known around the church as the “girl who paints circles with her hands.”  You may see a common thread of circles or swirls in my art.

When I look at this painting, I see glory!  God desires to bring His glory on the earth.  He desires to use YOU to bring it.  Did you know that God’s glory resides in you, on you and through you?

*This painting was done entirely with my hands.

31DaysOfArtAndInspirationButtonThis is Day 5 of 31 Days of Art & Inspiration.  Click here to read all posts in this series.

Looking for more awesome 31 Day posts to read?  Head over to The Nester’s blog where you will find hundreds of other bloggers linking up in a variety of topics.

1. Yes! I it does make me think of HIS glory. Beyond anything we can even behold.
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Be Extraordinary :: The Week at a Glance 10/5

2. Anne says:

Beautiful! Curious. What got you started painting with your hands? What type of paint? On canvas? How long have you painted? So glad you are sharing your art! Blessings.
    Anne recently posted..Dare to Be: a writer {Day 4}

• Barbie says:

HI Anne! I have been painting about 5 years. Our church has an arts ministry and I saw others do it and was truly inspired. I have no art training, so picking up a paint brush to try to paint something is hard for me. One day I decided I was going to paint with my hands and do abstract art. I am always inspired by the Holy Spirit and amazed at what He does through me.

I use high end acrylic paint on canvass.

3. ~Karrilee~ says:

Gorgeous! (And just so you know… you inspired me to paint today – and with my hands, no less! FUN!)
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..That Thing I Do Now – Vol 13

4. Barbie, I just love this painting! Beautiful.

Kim
    Kim Adams Morgan recently posted..I Write To Change One Mind, To Save A Soul

5. Michele-Lyn says:

I love how you’re known as the “girl”
    🙂
    Michele-Lyn recently posted..Making of a Home [UNVEILED] When what you build is not your dream home. [Part 3] #31Days

6. Janis Cox says:

This is beautiful Barbie – love the colour as well as the swirls. God around us – in us, through us.
    Are you linking to Sunday Stillness?
    Blessings,
    Janis http://www.janiscox.com

7. Debby Ray says:

Barbie,
    Very lovely painting…and a perfect backdrop too for the scripture verse! This one reminds me of how His love add warmth to our lives. Thanks for sharing!

Debby

8. Missy says:

It looks like a Holy Fire, Barbie. I love that you are known as one who paints circles with her hands. So gorgeous.
    Missy recently posted..The One Where I Write

9. The circle of love. And you’re in it. Praise God!!
    Tiffany Stuart recently posted..Free to Create

10. Cindi says:

How absolutely beautiful Barbie! What an amazing gift you have been given to share!