Day 8: Rooted and Grounded in Love

rooted_grounded

I love abstract art, when you can turn the painting all different directions and see something different.  Although this particular piece is abstract, I had to leave it just the way it was painted.  Trees on both sides, with an upside down heart in the middle.

As I was painting this, I was reminded of how it is so important to be secure in His love.  I liken the upside down heart to the tip of my own heart going down deep, deep into the soil of His love.  And then his love fills me and overflows out of me.  The trees signify life, growth and strength, which only come as a result of a deeply rooted heart, abiding in His love.

Oh the width, length, height and depth of His love!  Do you understand it?  Can you comprehend it?  Let’s allow our roots to go down deep into the soil of His love, where the richest nutrients are found, and where the Living Water runs freely.

*This painting was done entirely with my hands.

31DaysOfArtAndInspirationButtonThis is Day 8 of 31 Days of Art & Inspiration.  Click here to read all posts in this series.

Looking for more awesome 31 Day posts to read?  Head over to The Nester’s blog where you will find hundreds of other bloggers linking up in a variety of topics.

1. Missy says:

Your words help me re-imagine what you’ve painted, Barbie. I’m so glad you include your thoughts on the art you create.
    Missy recently posted..I Like To Guzzle Hot Tea

2. Ashley says:

Thank you for encouragement this morning, this is what I needed.
    Ashley recently posted..Write {Five Minute Friday}

3. Lori Harris says:

So beautiful Barbie. (and my daughter loves that you painted it with your hands!!!!)
    Lori Harris recently posted..How to Change Your World {31 Days to Simply Be}

4. ~Karrilee~ says:

I love this, friend! And I love your explanation of it! Just gorgeous!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Encountering God in Parenthood – Day 8

5. OOOOHHHH! Like a Giant Fingerpainting! Yay!
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Unexpected Muse

6. Kelli says:

Wow, Barbie. Such a beautiful work of art! You are truly gifted, amazing!
    Kelli recently posted..Awake my Soul: Day 7: Soul Reminder