Day 9: Who God Says I Am

You_are

This is another painting with huge, personal significance to me. It is a reminder of how God sees me, who He says that I am, and how He feels about me.  It constantly reminds me of who I am and who I belong to.

This painting was done as a project upon completion of reading a book in our supernatural school of ministry.  We were allowed to do creative projects and could pick anything.  Of course, I chose to paint my thoughts on the book, The Pleasures of Loving God, by Mike Bickle.

After I painted the background and stepped back to look at it, what first looked like a large flower in the center, appeared to be a mirror the more I looked at it.  I began to think about the negative thoughts that often go through my mind when I look at my reflection in the mirror.  I asked God to tell me how He sees me, and used scrapbooking letters to write words of truth as I spoke them over myself and into my spirit.  This painting is a constant reminder of who I am in Christ and the Identity that I have as a beloved daughter of the King of Kings!

*This painting was mostly painted with my hands, and a little bit with a brush.

31DaysOfArtAndInspirationButtonThis is Day 9 of 31 Days of Art & Inspiration.  Click here to read all posts in this series.

Looking for more awesome 31 Day posts to read?  Head over to The Nester’s blog where you will find hundreds of other bloggers linking up in a variety of topics.

1. Words I needed today! Thank you for sharing!!
    Jennifer peterson recently posted..31 ways…. Day 9

2. Missy says:

How he sees us is such a thing of beauty, isn’t it?
    Missy recently posted..Doing It Scared

3. Very cool. Great job!!!
    Debi @ DebiStangeland.com recently posted..Blogging Or Slogging: The Train Ride To Success

4. traci beeson says:

i think this one is my very favorite so far. just LOVE it, barbie!! i believe learning who we truly are in Christ is so important in our spiritual walk. thank you for sharing! <3
    traci beeson recently posted..a morning of worship

5. Dayle says:

I’m inspired by your work, Barbie. Just beautiful.

(My blog address has changed. Hope you still come by and see me occasionally.)

href=”http://dayleallenshockley.blogspot.com/”

• Barbie says:

Thanks Dayle! That is the whole purpose of the series, to inspire others. I added your new url to my Bloglovin, so I’m not going anywhere.

6. Jennifer says:

Wow, Barbie, this is really powerful. The flower abloom, the invitation to see what He sees. . . Your art, the way you see, is so beautiful, Barbie.
    Jennifer recently posted..dear Father {made: day 9}

7. Barbie says:

Thank you Jennifer!

8. So incredibly beautiful, Barbie. And a message I wish every young person knew. This is who we are, really and truly. Gorgeous.
    Lauren Jensen recently posted..If You Can

9. Yes, yes and more yes!
    Tiffany Stuart recently posted..Free From Fear

10. Rachael says:

My favorite so far!!! Precious piece, especially with your words of testimony behind it.
    Rachael recently posted..When the Middle of Your Story is Hard