The Weekend Brew & Day 12: Abide In My Love (Free Printable)

abide_in_my_love.2

It seems like I’ve been on a journey of learning how to abide for most of my Christian life.  I wrote an entire series on abiding in 2011, my first 31 Days of October series.  God is always whispering to me to slow down, to sit at His feet, to enjoy His presence, and allow His truth to seep into the core of my being.

There is no doubt what this painting represents.  Hearts and vines entertwined, representing my love for God, His love for me, and a reminder that He is the soul source of all that I will ever need.  Only through abiding in Him will I come to the full realization of His love for me. And once I get a hold of that, then I can give it away freely.

I am offering this print as a FREE printable through the month of October!  Just click here for the download!

Have you downloaded last week’s free printable, “Come Away My Beloved One”?  You can find it here.

*This painting was done entirely with my hands.

31DaysOfArtAndInspirationButtonThis is Day 12 of 31 Days of Art & Inspiration.  Click here to read all posts in this series.

Looking for more awesome 31 Day posts to read?  Head over to The Nester’s blog where you will find hundreds of other bloggers linking up in a variety of topics.

TheWeekendBrewButtonIf you are joining me for The Weekend Brew, link up your encouraging posts below, and don’t forget to visit a few others along the way!

1. Joanne Viola says:

“He is the soul source of all that I will ever need.” Amen! A most powerful thought to remember. He is all my soul will ever need. Beautiful, beautiful painting too!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..He Holds The Ordinary

2. Sharon says:

About a month ago, our pastor did a series about Martha and Mary, and about the joys of learning how to sit at Jesus’ feet and just love Him. I am praying for the ability to take a break from the busy-ness of life and do just that.

GOD BLESS!

Really love the painting!!
    Sharon recently posted..PUPPET ON A STRING

• Barbie says:

That is my goal as well, to learn to be still, to quiet my soul. I think it’s a life-long journey. Thanks for stopping by Sharon.

3. Barbie…I think this just might be my favorite! I love the colors and most of all the feeling it evokes.
    May you be overwhelmed with his love this weekend. [hugs]
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Be Extraordinary Quote :: The Week at a Glance 10/12

4. Rebekah says:

Barbie! your paintings are filled with beauty and creative wonder. I enjoyed going back and looking at the ones you have been posting in your 31Days series so far.
    Rebekah recently posted..Who Am I? {Gifted} In Christ {Day 12} #31Days ~ Words of Wisdom for the Weekend

5. Mia says:

Dear Barbie
    As I was reading your words about your beautiful painting done entirely with your hands, I was reminded how Jesus has engraved our names in the palms of His hands. I love your eye for color and composition.
    Blessings XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..Widows Of The World

6. Dayle says:

I love your work, Barbie. I can’t pick a favorite.

7. Hi Barbie, I just want to say- talk about inspiring! I just think that the physical act of painting is such a beautiful expression of worship…I love these paintings!
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Of Friendship and Kindred Spirits

8. child of God says:

Thank you for your generosity Barbie. Father really speaks to you through art and your hands.

Smiles.
    child of God recently posted..Trampling on Cancer

9. ~ linda says:

Abiding has always been something that I have studied, pondered, and desired to live. You are so right that it is through abiding that we can truly know Jesus and His love for us. Thanks for the beautiful picture that goes with that intertwining. Your work is lovely, Barbara. Lovely!
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda
    ~ linda recently posted..Offer, Yield, Present, Give Myself

10. I can feel your love — and His — in that painting, Barbie! Thanks for hosting & God bless!
    Laurie Collett recently posted..Who Is the Proverbs 31 Woman?

11. Deb Huffaker says:

Thank you, sweet Lady, for letting me join in. HOPE your Sunday is blessed!!!

12. Denise says:

Hi Barbie,

What a lovely painting; you have an amazing gift and talent for beauty and to inspire! A heart abiding in Christ trusts Him completely and dwells securely in His love, care and protection! <3
    This beautifully illustrates that!

Blessings!
    Denise
    Denise recently posted..With All Your Heart

13. Amy Kelly says:

Sorry, Barbie, for linking up twice this weekend… but today’s post was created after I posted yesterday and it is very important to me. I had to share!!!
    Amy Kelly recently posted..Praise the Lord with Your Giving… How You Can Help Someone I Love

14. Hazel says:

Lovely and thank you for hosting
    Hazel recently posted..Have You Seen Jesus Lately?

15. Barbie, your paintings are phenomenal! They are so meaningful and deep. To see how our lives and His love are intertwined is remarkable. Thank you for this series where I can just observe in awe and praise God.
    Blessings,
    Janis
    Janis@Heart-Filled Moments recently posted..Watching and Waiting

• Barbie says:

Janis, thank you so much for your encouragement. I’ve been “hiding” this art for too long. So thankful God moved my heart to release it to the world. Thankful you are blessed!