48 In My 5 Minute Fridays

Five Minute Friday: Truth

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and others for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. Just words freely flowing from my heart to yours.

Truth

Freedom concept. Escaping from the cage

He comes and speaks truth to my heart, words of love and affirmation yet I cringe when I hear them.

You are loved.
You are cherished.
You are chosen.
You are desired.
You are free.

Why is it so hard to believe the truth that He speaks to my heart?  I’ve walked this road for too long, yet I feel comfortable here, on this familiar path of less than and not enough.  Yet I yearn to stray from this path, to run after Him, falling into the freedom that He has to offer to me.

What hurt and pain has caused me to turn and retreat when He whispers words of love?  My eyes well up with tears.  I want to look deep into His eyes, to fix my gaze, to see His eyes of love that burn for me.  For it is truth, this I know in my head, yet it has yet to fully penetrate my heart.  So I turn away, ashamed of my unbelief.

I cry out for Him to come, to pick me up and hold me close.  I must experience Him again.  For only through experiential love will I fully come to understand this truth that will one day set me completely free.

..and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  (John 8:32)

I believe, Lord, help my unbelief!

Five Minute Friday

Tam
    November 7, 2013 at 11:53 pm

I’m your FMF neighbour. I love the quote that you use and I believe that it has a universal truth. Thank you for sharing
    Tam recently posted..Truth: There Are Many Things I Never Talk About

November 8, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Thank you for stopping by Tam!

Joanne Viola
    November 8, 2013 at 3:06 am

Barbie –
    What a beautiful post. I love the photo! His truth truly does free us, letting us out of our cages. What a powerful sentence on “experiential love” you have written. It brought to mind that His experiential love is written (in Scripture) always in the “present active” verb tense. It is meant to be continually & actively applied and experienced. We need to experience it today and today and today….each & every day. Love that you reminded me of this truth today!
    Blessings on your Friday,
    Joanne
    PS – Your new site is beautiful! Simple, clean, uncluttered.
    Joanne Viola recently posted..The True One

November 8, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Joanne, that is so true about experiencing His love each and every day. I am thankful that I get to experience Him daily. Glad you like the new site!

Debbie
    November 8, 2013 at 4:42 am

The truth will set you free! Those words are such truth Barbie. May you come to the point of truly feeling what you know to be true in your heart. You are dearly loved by your Savior! And you are a blessing to me in so many ways.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

PS. I love your new design
    Debbie recently posted..Give Thanks

November 8, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Thanks os much Debbi! I appreciate you!

Kris Camealy
    November 8, 2013 at 5:14 am

I also thought of that verse, clinging to the freedom His truth brings, even when my faulty heart says otherwise. His truth stands, and it is there we can rest. Praying you’d KNOW the truths about you, Barbie. He LOVES you. You are His.
    Kris Camealy recently posted..Truth

November 8, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Thanks Kris! Isn’t it ironic that my first ebook centers much on identity, who I am in Christ? It’s so much like Jesus though, to give me something that I haven’t yet arrived to yet to share with others.

Jen Ferguson
    November 8, 2013 at 6:30 am

You and I, we seem to be getting the same message this morning. I am praying for deeply rooted truth to settle into both of us, that it would find a permanent home in our hearts.

November 8, 2013 at 7:18 pm

AMEN my friend. Let’s run together, right into His arms! Have a blessed weekend.

Joan
    November 8, 2013 at 6:36 am

I think sometimes we have trouble accepting the truth that God loves us and has set us free because we don’t always like what we see when we look at ourselves. But, we need to learn to see us as the new creations that we are! Yes, Lord, increase my faith!

Blessings, Joan
    Joan recently posted..Going Deeper

November 8, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I so agree! I have to laugh because the ebook I have written centers around helping you to walk in your identity, who you are in Christ. So like Him to give me something for others that is still be worked out in myself.

Jessica
    November 8, 2013 at 7:11 am

Beautiful post Barbie! thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. and yes we have all walked this road too many times where we believe the lies because sometimes its easier to believe the lies than the truths. but the truth always wins and never fails.
    Jessica recently posted..30 days of Thankfulness: Friends

November 8, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Thanks for stopping by Jessica!

Charlie
    November 8, 2013 at 8:00 am

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing today.
    Charlie recently posted..FMF: Truth

November 8, 2013 at 7:21 pm

You’re welcome Charlie. Thank you so much for stopping by.

Patty @ Hearts Homeward
    November 8, 2013 at 8:16 am

Barbie,
    Thanks for this honest reflection of something so many of us go through as we reach for Him. Your unbelief is not shameful. He knows it will be there and He is ready to unearth what is hindering you. That process comes when you and He are both ready and it goes on and on for our whole earthly life. We are constantly bumping up against residue of doubts and fears in our own hearts — I know I am! And with love from Him and other Christians we can be courageous to go into the pain that lies behind the doubt. I’m about to post on “Fear Not” this weekend. If you want, come check it out. I truly appreciate you posting such a vulnerable and truth-filled post. ~ Patty (FMF)
    Patty @ Hearts Homeward recently posted..Truth

November 8, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Thank you Patty for your kinds words and encouragement. I will certainly check out your post on “fear not”. Blessings!

Katey
    November 8, 2013 at 8:21 am

Beautiful post. The truth WILL set you free!
    Katey recently posted..True

November 8, 2013 at 7:23 pm

AMEN Katey!

Sue
    November 8, 2013 at 9:37 am

Barbie,
    How well you speak the truth. Is it something in our DNA as women that makes us doubt His love for us?
    And His truth that we are loved, chosen, cherished, desired? It’s like trying to line up the constellations and make new ones… to get those in place at once and experience the FREE…
    Thanks for your words..
    Stopped in from FMF
    Sue
    Sue recently posted..Five Minute Friday ~ Truth

November 8, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Thank you so much Sue for stopping by to encourage my heart. Ironically, I have an ebook coming out very soon that will enable others to walk in freedom in who they are in Christ. Isn’t it like God to call me to write something that I am still struggling with?

Dolly@Soulstops
    November 8, 2013 at 10:15 am

Barbie,
    Praying along with you…and I also want to encourage you, He will come…praying God will remove whatever hinders you and me from fully receiving the truth of His love for us…praying the truth of how He sees you will penetrate even deeper into your soul…hugs to you, my friend 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Truth

November 8, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Perhaps I need to read my own book once it comes out.

Becky
    November 8, 2013 at 11:23 am

Your truth shines through in this post! You are not alone on this road. I feel like I am digging to find a detour to His road.

Dawn St Amand Paoletta
    November 8, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Sweet Barbie, you are a blessing- and oh how I have asked Him to help me with my unbelief! Because when I least expect it, there comes some situation that reveals it is there…He is not surprised, nor does He love us less…and I know you know that but may the truth of that reality take hold of your heart today. Praise Him that we can pour out words and come alongside one another in this journey! Hugs. THanks for your faithful, friendship. 😉
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..Whatsoever Things Are True…(5 Minute Friday-True/Truth)

November 8, 2013 at 7:34 pm

I’ve been thinking of you and praying for you my friend. Oh that He would wrap us up tightly in His love and whisper it to our hearts again and again.

Sherrey Meyer
    November 8, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I’m not your FMF neighbor this week, but dropped in to see what you’ve been up to and saw that we had used the same Scripture today to write on truth. Sowing Seeds isn’t extremely active right now, but I’m digging my way back in. Your new design looks so fresh and crisp! I like it.
    Sherrey Meyer recently posted..Truth | Five Minute Friday

November 8, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Sherrey, thanks so much for dropping in! Can’t wait to stop over and read your 5MF post and catch up with you!

Julie
    November 8, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I love this. Thanks for the encouragement about truth.

November 8, 2013 at 7:35 pm

You’re welcome Julie! Thanks for stopping by.

Amy P Boyd
    November 8, 2013 at 5:59 pm

I, too have spent so much of my life comfortable on the path of not enough but slowly His truth is teaching me a new way. Thanks for sharing your heart so clearly

November 8, 2013 at 7:36 pm

He is always there, ready to lead us down the path of truth. Have a blessed weekend Amy!

kaseyparr99
    November 8, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Barbie, The truth will set us free–beautiful verse. Thanks for sharing your heart. I really like your new website–so pretty. Blessings, Kasey

November 8, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Thanks for stopping by Kasey! Have a beautiful weekend.

Olivia Brant
    November 8, 2013 at 6:58 pm

What a great, honest post, Barbie! I think sometimes it is hard for me to believe that I am loved, cherished, chosen and desired because I know how messy I am! I am so often frustrated with myself that I think God must be frustrated with me too. I forget that I don’t have to prove myself to Him and behave perfectly lest He change his mind about me. Yet, how free I feel when I choose to believe what He says about me rather than the lies I so often choose to believe.

November 8, 2013 at 7:38 pm

So true Olivia! I have a book coming out soon that I am sure I will need to read, over and over again, that deals with all of these issues. Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed weekend.

Mia
    November 8, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Dear Barbie
    I have read about a woman not much unlike us all. When told she needs to put boundaries in her life and thought processes, she said that the familiar streets of hell, seemed preferable than doing that!
    Blessings XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Kiss Of Truth

November 9, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Ouch! Thanks for sharing Mia!

Dana Butler
    November 9, 2013 at 12:10 pm

YES. Experiential Love. May your heart be bathed in it more and more. Barbie, your heart is such a breath of fresh air.
    Dana Butler recently posted..On Sirens and Lights and My Current Reality {FMF}

November 9, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Thank you Dana! I appreciate you!

emily thomas
    November 9, 2013 at 10:06 pm

SO good! Why is it that something inside cringes when we hear how much God loves us? I feel like He must not have all the information. That is completely wrong though! Thank you for your beautiful words.

November 9, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Thanks for stopping by Emily!

Laurie's Notions (@lauriervb)
    November 10, 2013 at 7:47 am

Oh the peace that comes when we embrace this truth! Praying that you embrace it fully!
    Laurie’s Notions (@lauriervb) recently posted..Truth

November 10, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Thanks Laurie!

Aileen
    November 10, 2013 at 6:49 pm

The truth is always liberating. There are truths that we are afraid of, and some truths that we look forward to discovering. But good or grim, knowing the truth is always better than not knowing at all. And seeing God’s truth in the circumstances of our life brings out a new perspective and a clearer understanding.
    Aileen recently posted..{Five Minute Friday}: Truth

November 10, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Thank you for stopping by Aileen. You are so right in that knowing the truth brings liberation. Blessings!

Lisa
    November 11, 2013 at 7:03 am

Oh the distance between the head and the heart! You said it well. You also give me more food for thought about what I posted for FMF. Pharisees=head, Jesus=heart! Thanks.
    Lisa recently posted..The Ultimate Truth