15 In Faith

A Thankful Heart {Three Word Wednesday}

thankfulheart

Tomorrow we will celebrate Thanksgiving, a time of year that causes one to pause and reflect on all that is good in their life.  So often during this time of year I can tend to allow anxiety to overrun me.  It’s hard to remain balanced when life has me running here and there, with hardly time to breathe most days (although isn’t breathing automatic?).  I can allow the pressure and stress of the season to weigh heavy on my heart, and I will often forget to stop and give thanks to the One who is worthy of all praise and thanksgiving, at all times.

I want my heart to overflow with thanksgiving.  I want to have a grateful heart and to truly know what it is like to “give thanks in all things and in all circumstances.”  There are so many moments of beauty that pass me by each day because I am so focused on my circumstances or on the days ahead. I forget to pause, to breathe Him in, and to offer up thanksgiving, because truly, I have so much to be thankful for, and really, He is worthy, no matter what.

So today, and every day, I choose to practice having a thankful heart.  Here’s a little bit of what that looks like for me:

1. A thankful heart chooses to look beyond the piles of dirty laundry to the beauty of clothing that I get to wear.
  2. A thankful heart chooses to look beyond the imperfections of a child to the beauty of a budding, independent personality.
  3. A thankful heart chooses to look beyond the inattentiveness of a husband to the beauty of a man who works hard to provide for his family.
  4. A thankful heart chooses to look beyond my lack to the beauty of all that I have been given.
  5. A thankful heart chooses to look beyond myself to the beauty that is Christ Jesus.

How about you my friend?  What kind of beauty is overflowing from your heart today?

Linking up with my dear friend Beth for Three Word Wednesday.  Join me?

*photo credit

Joanne Viola
    November 27, 2013 at 5:52 am

Barbie, so very true. Thankfulness needs to be intentional & then it becomes a habit. May thankfulness fill our hearts in the coming days & bless those around us. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Be Like Mary

November 28, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Blessed by you Joanne! Praying you had a beautiful Thanksgiving!

child of God
    November 27, 2013 at 10:14 am

Have a blessed Thanksgiving with your family.
    child of God recently posted..How Come?

November 28, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Thank you Child of God!

Mia
    November 27, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Dear Barbie
    I am just the opposite than you as far as busyness is concerned because of being chronically ill. At times I feel as if I cannot rest flat on my back for another day. But then I ask our Lord to help me to keep my eyes fixed on the things we cannot see for only they are eternal. That fills my heart with so much gratitude.
    Blessings XX
    Mia
    Mia recently posted..The Flying Dutchman

November 28, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Oh Mia, I cannot imagine. Your faith in God despite your circumstances is truly beautiful. Hugs!

November 27, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Oh, Barbie! I had to smile when I read the 1st sentence of your 2nd paragraph because I am linked up before you over at Beth’s blog, and my 3 words are “Overflow with Thanksgiving.”

I am thankful for His grace today. He gives grace for hard days. He give me more of Him.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am thankful for you. 🙂

November 28, 2013 at 10:53 pm

He never runs out of grace! Blessings!

Jennifer
    November 28, 2013 at 7:47 am

You remind me, friend, of the choices I always have, to choose Him, to see Him, to rejoice in Him, to celebrate in all He’s given and continues to give. Thank you! I pray you lean back into His arms today, rejoicing in the light of this day! Happy Thanksgiving, beautiful one!
    Jennifer recently posted..after you have suffered a little while . . .

November 28, 2013 at 10:54 pm

Jennifer, praying you and your family had a beautiful Thanksgiving!

Lea
    November 29, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Hoping you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are readying your hearts for the celebration of our Savior’s birth. Happy weekend!
    Lea recently posted..Five on Friday

December 1, 2013 at 12:28 am

Thanks for stopping by Lea!

Beth
    November 30, 2013 at 5:08 pm

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Barbie. My heart is truly overflowing with thankfulness today. It was so hard to say good-bye to my husband but as I sit here waiting for my next flight, instead of being sad I’m filled with joy over the time He gave us together and knowing I’m blessed with so many wonderful friends. And oh, I’m reading this amazing book as I travel that is blessing me so. Wow girl!!! So love your book!
    Beth recently posted..Three Word Wednesday: Be Like Mary {Guest Post}

December 1, 2013 at 12:29 am

Beth, I’ve been thinking about you this weekend. So thankful for this time the Lord has allowed you both. I am thankful my little book is ministering to your heart! Love you!

Mary Delia
    December 1, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Love three word Wednesday – what a beautiful list – thank you!