24 In Weekend Whispers

The Weekend Brew: The Promises In His Name

wonderfulcounselor

Jesus.  There is so much hope and promise in Your name.

Jesus, Wonderful Counselor,
the promise of a life of wonder and delight, of anticipation for those who seek You and guidance and wisdom for all our days.

Jesus, Mighty God,
the promise of strength to the weary, hope to the hopeless and power to the powerless.

Jesus, Everlasting Father,
the promise of love, complete acceptance and continual forgiveness.

Jesus, Prince of Peace,
the promise of peace that surpasses all understanding and the calm in the midst of the storm.

This week I am turning my heart and my gaze toward Jesus, reminding myself of all that He is, and all that He has done for me.

What promise in His Name are you most clinging to today?

TheWeekendBrew_Button-1Now it’s your turn to share encouragement here at The Weekend Brew.
1. Share a post, photo, scripture — anything that breathes life and encourages.
2. Grab the button to use in your post, or simply link here.
3. Visit the person who linked up before you (and a few others if you have time).

*photo credit

Joanne Viola
    December 7, 2013 at 4:50 am

Barbie – there truly is much promise & power in His Name. One Name. I love the anticipation that He brings. Blessings!
    Joanne Viola recently posted..Rest, Comfort & Joy

December 7, 2013 at 9:25 pm

Thanks for stopping by Joanne . Praying you have a beautiful Sunday.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day
    December 7, 2013 at 5:23 am

Thank you for this Barbie….Jesus is our all in all. 🙂
    Right now, I’m clinging to the knowledge that God is my provider and my deliverer. We are in a desperate place….yet our hope is the Lord. I’m so looking forward to seeing him deliver us from this exile and provide for all our needs. He is able to do more than we can ask or imagine. Yes?
    Diane | An Extraordinary Day recently posted..Paperback Book Christmas Trees :: The Week at a Glance 12/7

December 7, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Oh I know this place. We are still struggling in many ways. And just when we think we reached the end, God comes through and delivers us. He’s so good!

Linda@Creekside
    December 7, 2013 at 7:04 am

Jesus. ‘The name that calms our fears, that bids our sorrows cease. ‘Tis music in the sinner’s ears, ’tis life and health and peace.’

Thank you, Barbie, for bringing us to the Savior this morning! May this be a weekend of rest and peace, right smack dab in the middle of the crazyness that whirls around us.

Warmest blessings to you, to yours!

;-}
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..The Mother’s Carol

December 7, 2013 at 9:26 pm

Oh AMEN! Blessings Linda!

Lyli @3-D Lessons for Life
    December 7, 2013 at 7:25 am

Very thankful that He is the Prince of Peace today…. tough night last night, so praying for His peace to rain down on some friends who are hurting.

December 7, 2013 at 9:27 pm

His peace is like none other. Saying a prayer for those hurting hearts tonight.

~ linda
    December 7, 2013 at 12:13 pm

The gentleness of spirit holds your words, Barbie. Reading them feels like I have a quiet rain covering me all over. It is lovely how I feel after reading this post. May God continue to bless your ministry to us.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda
    ~ linda recently posted..Peace Came

December 7, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Thank you Linda for your encouraging words. You bless my heart today.

child of God
    December 7, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Hi Barbie,
    There is so much power in Jesus name. Just speaking His name brings me comfort and joy.

Blessings hon.
    child of God recently posted..Earthquake Resistant Faith

December 7, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Just to say the Name of Jesus. So powerful! Love ya!

Renee
    December 7, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Barbie,

I haven’t been here in awhile. Your blog is beautiful! And yes. yes. yes. Jesus, his name, and all that his name represents and means to us. In him we live and move and have our being, without him we can do nothing. He it is that holds us together. I have been going through a bit of a storm lately and he has been my anchor. He truly is the anchor of our souls. Amen.

Blessings,

Renee
    Renee recently posted..This Is Real Life Marriage

December 7, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Renee, so thankful you stopped by. I will need to catch up with you. Yes, I love my blog, but can you believe I am doing an other tweak? I love that thought, that truth, that He holds all things together. Have a blessed Sunday.

Nannette and the Sweetheart
    December 8, 2013 at 4:14 am

Beautiful!! Love your Christmas “home”! And love the focus on the Name above all Names today! Just whisper His Name and it calms all my fears, erases my doubts and brings perfect peace to any situation. Thank you for the reminder! ♥
    Nannette and the Sweetheart recently posted..Hope was born!

December 8, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Thank you Nannette! Praying you have a beautiful week!

bluecottonmemory
    December 8, 2013 at 7:30 am

His names – listed like that always fill me with a sense of WOW – thank you for that today!
    bluecottonmemory recently posted..A Door of Hope

December 8, 2013 at 11:01 pm

You’re welcome my friend! Have a blessed week!

Lisha Epperson
    December 8, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I can’t pick just one today Barbie! Allow me the grace of choosing 2 this week. I’ll give praise for my wonderful counselor and everlasting father today!
    Lisha Epperson recently posted..Reflections on Laughter and Trust : Advent in the City – Days 6&7

December 8, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Oh yes! Love those two promises!

Amy Jung
    December 8, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I felt peace coming here today — seeing your Christmas-y home page and reading about the names of Christ. Ahhhhhh…Thank you!
    Amy Jung recently posted..Beyond the Nativity: The Purpose

December 8, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Awe, thank you Amy!

Dalia
    December 9, 2013 at 6:43 am

Love this. He is all and so much more to me.

Melissa
    December 10, 2013 at 7:12 am

What a beautiful post with the perfect words for this time of year, Barbie! I’m a little late linking up with a post from a few weeks ago, but looking forward to participating in The Weekend Brew.