Five Minute Friday: Visit

Today I am joining Lisa-Jo and a beautiful community of writers for the 5 Minute Friday where we are given a word prompt and write for just 5 minutes simply for the joy of writing. No editing or backtracking necessary. No need to be perfect. This is where I get to write, letting it all go, allowing the words tucked away deep inside my heart to find their voice.

Visit

medium_7864852790

I wish I could sit down and visit with you, my friend.  I’d smile and welcome you in as I hug your neck. We’d talk about our families, our children, our jobs.  We’d lean in close to hear one another’s hearts as we share of hopes, dreams and passions still awaiting to blossom.  We’d have coffee, and tea, and chocolate. Oh, there would be so much chocolate.  We would laugh and cry and hold one another’s hands as we lift each other before the throne of grace.

I am grateful for you, even though most likely we have not met. It’s hard sometimes, with me here and you there.  Will I ever really get to know you?  Can I truly understand the depth of your heart?  What makes your heart beat fast?  I want to look into your eyes as I tell you how much I have come to love and appreciate you.  I want to see His light shining through you, because so many times it was His light shining through you that has helped me become who I am today. You believed in me, prayed for me and encouraged me to chase my dreams.

I want to thank you for stopping by each day for a visit on your journey.  I pray that we will have the chance this side of heaven to sit and visit with one another, sharing our lives and chasing our dreams.  We are better together.

photo credit: Linh H. Nguyen via photopin cc

Five Minute Friday

1. Patty says:

Hey, Barbie!
    How fun to link up right after you at FMF tonight!
    I’d take you up on the hug, the coffee and the much chocolate.
    I love that God has answered the desire of our hearts and His — community, body, belonging, encouragement.
    I’ll join you in that prayer.
    Blessings.
    ~ Patty
    Patty recently posted..Visit

2. ~Karrilee~ says:

Oh my friend – I love this! And we have talked… you know how much I would ADORE the chance for coffee in real life! And this: “I want to see His light shining through you, because so many times it was His light shining through you that has helped me become who I am today.” So Much Amen, sweet friend! So Much Amen!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted..Five Minute Friday – Visit vs. Visitation

3. Janel says:

Oh Barbie, how this resonated so. There are so many dear hearts in this world that I wish I could just have them in, spend time over the table of coffee/tea and shared moments. And the heart sharing, the hand squeezing and the prayer lifting..its a blessing and a gift. such grace He bestows on us. I believe we were made to share our stories. I believe we were made for communion and community. This speaks to me of those things. Thank you.

4. Mary says:

Oh how I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to visit with you in real life. Love this post, Barbie! Happy Friday.
    Mary recently posted..For your weekend…

5. One day we will get to sit down and enjoy that cup of coffee (or tea!) together…if not here,then over There! What a glorious visit that will be!
    Holly Barrett recently posted..Visit

6. Joan says:

Oh that would be wonderful, wouldn’t it? It has been great to get to know you over these past couple of years…you are a gift to me and I thank you for being my blogging friend! And it’s more than that…you are my friend in Christ! There is no better type of friend!! Enjoy your day and your weekend, Barbie!

Blessings, Joan
    Joan recently posted..Steady Footsteps

7. Mel says:

🙂 We ARE better together, this community of women. I hope that chat over coffee, tea, and chocolate will happen someday, my friend! Blessings today. 🙂

8. Amy P Boyd says:

How much fun would it be to just sit face to face to share life with one another. To not have a computer screen between us. To be able to hear the fluctuation in her voice or see the joy in another’s eyes. One day that will happen and I can’t wait.
    Amy P Boyd recently posted..Visit {Five Minute Friday}

9. Beth says:

I pray too. Love you.
    Beth recently posted..Friday Randomness

10. Mary Hill says:

So wonderful. I need a friend like you to have coffee with. I love virtual connections, but nothing beats the physical. My prayer request is for physical connections like the one you describe where I can bless others and be blessed as well. Thanks for sharing. I pray God will continue to enrich your life with close and virtual friends. 😉
    Mary Hill recently posted..Five Minute Friday: Visit Each Other in Love

11. Barbie,
    So glad we have met in RL….you are a gift 🙂
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted..Five Minute Fridays: Visit

12. Lovely. Warm. Gracious. It would be fun to have our paths cross in person.

I’ll bring the chocolate, ok?

;-}
    Linda@Creekside recently posted..Random Mid-Winter Musings

13. One of these days, Barbie! I would love to meet you. With only a few hours between us, we are sure to connect someday. Until then I look forward to reading your words in this special place. Love, Rachael
    Rachael @ Inking the Heart recently posted..5 Minute Friday – Visit

14. Mary Hill says:

Hi, thanks so much again for blessing me. Your blog helped me zero in on my word for the New Year. I had been praying for weeks for guidance and your blog post today was an answer to prayer. I hope you hop over tonight and read my post on this at : http://mary-anderingcreatively.blogspot.com/2014/01/my-word-for-year-connections.html

Thank you so much. 🙂
    Mary Hill recently posted..My Word for the Year: Connections

15. Barbie, it would be nice to meet you in person. One never knows the plans and surprises God has in store for those He loves and whom He calls His own! Happy Saturday, take it slow and enjoy your weekend.
    Dawn St Amand Paoletta recently posted..The Visit (5 Minute Friday)

16. LuAnn Braley says:

Sisterhood, coffee and chocolate? I am SO THERE! :O)
    LuAnn Braley recently posted..Clutter Cutter

17. Anders says:

What I believe you write to, is the sky. The sun is The Son. The Daughter encourages. And in a world where everyone works to be sharp (read: interesting), she is not acknowledged.

I wish you and your family a terrific weekend!